How to cope with being permanently single?

Im 25 and iv never been in a relationship.

In a lot of ways it doesn't bother me; I have a full on college course, a part time job and two sports to keep me busy. I also get on well with my brother and have a few friends (though no really close friends) so I shouldn't be lonely.
But on the other hand, everyone my age seems to be in relationships and I do want to be with someone myself.

But I don't want to spend my time focusing on what I haven't got, especially since its getting more and more common for people to never have relationships. So I guess I'm looking for some advice on how to not focus on being single, how to cope with being alone.

843

Most Helpful Guys

• I have been in and out of relationships for the last 10 years since my wife died. I had 2 3 year relationships and a 2 year relationship and I don't think that I can be single and happy. I miss having some one that loves me like you will get in a relationship. But if you ever break up you will know a pain that hurts worse than a deep cut. And is hard to get over. But you can get over it. I have more times than I ever wanted. In the bible God created Eve to be his companion so he would not be lonely. But you may or may not believe in this so I will leave that to you. I am lonely in a room full of people.

• ''everyone my age seems to be in relationships''

Who cares what everyone your age is doing? if that influences your reason for wanting a partner, then it's foolish.

What the majority are doing is nothing to base any decisions on. Most people are not even awake..

Most Helpful Girl

• 25 is still young. Just because you haven’t met someone yet doesn’t mean you are doomed to being single forever. Put yourself out there sometime, and until then, just work on doing what makes you happy. That happy energy will attract someone to you. 🙂