How much PDA is acceptable for you?

Where do you draw the line on public displays of affection?How much PDA is acceptable for you?

0|3

Most Helpful Guys

• I myself enjoy making out in public very much, so I don't begrudge others doing it. Kissing, hugging, holding hands is all fine.

3|1
    0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't mind hugging him, giving him a kiss on the cheek or a quick kiss on the lips, but if he wants me to makeout with him in public, I would say, no. I would just feel awkward and uncomfortable since there are so many kids in public places and some people who have no interest in watching people makeout or get all touchy feely. It makes them feel awkward, unconfortable or even gross. I don't want them to make them feel that way, so I wouldn't so anything more than letting my partner hug me and give a kiss me on the cheeks/forehead/lips, neither do I want to see people do more than giving hugs and a peck.

1|1
    0|0
    • Damn, I made so many typing mistakes..😳🙄 *embarrassed* lol.

Thank you so much for MHO! :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 84

• Irrelevant to the question, but I just REALLY like the example picture you used. I find it so cute for some reason, lol.

Just a friendly couple casually dressed for the hot weather, with the guy in shorts and the girl in a knee length skirt, and both just wearing casual shoes and shirts... nothing fancy, but it doesn't need to be since they love each other.

2|0
    0|0
    • This is very close to how I’d dress for a casual type date.
      I thought it was cute too! ☺️

• Show All
    • I’m here to reply! Haha What I wanted to say is that I’d rather a first impression NOT come from a formal type date. I want the “real” person, or as close to it as I can get... not the dog and pony show.

• Ah... that's actually really mature of you. A lot of people are concerned about superficial stuff on their first state: how "fancy/fabulous" their partner looks, how much their partner is able to spend, the most expensive food and drink their partner can order, etc.

It's nice to see someone who just wants to explore their partner and see who they really are, rather than worrying about superficial shit.

• I feel PDA this applies for both me and other couples, but generally I feel as long as it's not that sexual and it's not bothering other people. Of course this will be different for everyone but holding hands/linking arms and light kisses will most likely be okay for everyone

0|1
    0|0
  • I think PDA is awesome and have no problems with it at all. The past ex-girlfriends I had were never into PDA, at the time they seemed to think that it wasn't "dignified" or "respectable" for them to be seen showing any affection.

I don't care about that crap, I would want a girlfriend who doesn't care about what others think, only about we she and I think. Again, I like PDA!

1|0
    0|0
  • Anything. Just no boobs or vagina touching. Everything else is fine. I’ll grab her ass all day. Ok not in too much of a sexual manner but a good solid grab. Ya so what lol
    Kissing all that is fine. Don’t care

2|0
    0|0
  • I probably enjoy more PDA than the next person. While I understand there is a time and a place (not making out in church) and I understand at times children are in view, it's still fun to kiss and hold hands and touch my SO in public. Have enjoyed eating her out on the beach in lots of other foreplay in the pool and in cars. When I am in a relationship I want others to know she is my girl.

0|0
    2|0
  • cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...6-8411-9ae80eeca5d4.gif
    Miss me with that shit.

Anything beyond holding hands or hugging
    and you deserve the death penalty.

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to do it in a more secluded area or keep an eye on the people around you, just be respectful of their comfort, not their approval but their space

1|0
    0|0
  • Since my ex and I once rode the glass elevator on the outside of the Waldorf Hotel in Houston and stopped it between floors and proceeded to have our way with each other, there is absolutely NOTHING I would deem too risque between two lovers in public!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuddles, kiss on the cheek of lips, holding hands. No need to show off that someone is "MY partner" you both know you are together and you know you love each other (hopefully both of you really do). Why show that off to all thd singles around? Actually a bit mean I have to say

0|0
    0|0
  • Being an exhibitionist I dont, if they choose to be public with it. If people don't like it they shouldn't look. Being human we are a curious bunch though I will admit.

1|0
    1|0
  • I prefer to keep this to a minimum. I was uneasy with one gal I knew - she got off on PDA - it made me feel kinda weird...

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind it. I'd rather her attention on me for me then have her giving it to someone else. And as long as it's delayed behind closed doors as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • Unacceptable because watching you suck someones tongue or spit down yu face is really unattractive. This is all about being a exhibitionist and hoping to shock people just to do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Intercourse, anal and oral is out. And yes, some do go that far - I recently read of a guy in Texas who had a couple going at it on his front lawn. And my friend in San Francisco saw a guy giving a BJ to another guy on a public sidewalk.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything more than a quick kiss is too cringey in my opinion. But yeah.. There are people who are... Animals.

1|1
    0|0
    • Don't look. They're not doing it for YOU.

• Show All
    • So sex isn't affection? And I don't care what's legal and what's not. The post asked for my opinion, I gave it. We can go on and on, but I am not interested in petty arguments. Find someone else.

• Not trying to argue. If I don't want to see it, I look away. Just like how anyone who doesn't want to see me is also free to look away. Many do.

• I think people really should not do it, especially if they are waiting in line. It can get very annoying for the other people waiting.

1|0
    0|0
    • And if I could get my hands on people who use the airplane bathrooms to join the Mile High Club. I would want to see them thrown off the plane while it was still in the air. People have to wait so darn long to use the toilet on a plane and people would be gross enough to have sex in them. Where is the humanity of such people.

• You can have sex in public for all I care; just don't block the sidewalk... ;)

2|0
    0|0
  • Smh well my wife and I are like teenagers yet at times I have to remind her that we ARE in a public place and need to act accordingly... kissing hugging and playful gestures

0|0
    0|0
  • Holding hands, hug or simple kiss is ok. French kissing and heaving petting is a bit much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kissing for long periods of time is a point where you should stop and I find that I cringe hard when I see a guy slap his girls ass in public. Very inappropriate and very douchey in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Until you are groping each other up and making sexual sounds; you're good.

2|0
    0|0
  • I probably draw the line at groping and dry humping

1|0
    0|0
  • Lip Kissing is fine but strong kisses can make other uncomfortable.
    Hugging , lip kissing, piggy back riding, princess/prince hold are all fine.
    Intense acts of affection are for in private.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kissing, Hugging, Holding hands, Cuddling. I love it all.

2|0
    0|0
  • As long as I'm not put at an unnecessary legal risk, I don't care.

1|0
    0|0
  • I draw the line... oh wait, I don't draw 🤷🏼‍♂️

Holding hands, hugs, short kisses is all cool. Anything further we will take elsewhere

0|1
    0|0
  • in my opinion Holding hands, hugging, kissing. What I think is rude is trying to show it off to others, like trying to get attention. PDA is okay as long as it is not just for display.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kissing hugging holding hands etc, all cool. Grinding, Frenching, groping and anything else overtly sexual, not cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no limit, people should be able to express affection, when they choose x

1|0
    0|0
  • Hugging and little pecks on the cheek? Cute. Making out? Do it preferably at night. Sex? go home aren't your balls and asses cold?

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 44

• I’m uncomfortable when the pda gets too full on like the hot and heavy I prefer to keep in private. I don’t mind like holding hands is alright, little kisses here and there, arm around shoulder, hugs is okay for me.

1|1
    0|0
  • Holding hands, or maybe holding his arm at times but nothing more than that if people are around. I seriously believe this is something that a couple should keep to themselves. We might end up doing something around people who wouldn't want that and unnecessarily offend or hurt someone. No need for that.

2|0
    0|0
  • A guy has to hold his girl's hands or else she would punch him out for looking at other girls. Some is ok, but for some of it I would say, "For Christ's sake, why don't you two get a room!" What's funny is they can't keep their hands off each other and 6 months later they can't stand to even touch each other. ha ha

0|0
    0|0
  • People know we're a couple, so it doesn't bother me when he puts his arm around me or on the back of my chair. A hug isn't bad.

Anything else is starting to get beyond displaying affection into being sexual, and I am uncomfortable with that in public.

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I think that a couple full on making out and getting very “handsy” makes me uncomfortable, but basically anything else is acceptable, I feel

0|1
    0|0
  • Just don't show parts that are illegal to show. Well, i don't even care about that. It's so much better than PDV (public displays of violence) which somehow seems more socially acceptable. What's wrong with this picture?

1|0
    0|0
  • I enjoy hugs, kisses (not making out), we can wrap our arm around each other, we can holding hands, nothing sexual (ass smacking/grabbing, dirty talking, etc.), I dont sit on laps, I dont like to be held from behind. That's all I can think of.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like showing pda. Holding hands and small kisses are fine. But not making out, no french kissing, no grabbing, no embarrassing shit in public. Some things you leave for private and others you keep it civilized. I'm independent, I don't need my guy all over me. We can be like that in the bed room but not in front of children and strangers

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't let my boyfriend kiss me or touch my butt in public (unless it's secluded). Holding hands, linking arms - those things are of course okay.

1|0
    0|0
  • My views on PDA have loosened up since I was younger. As long as its all tasteful I think it goes but once you start teetering on the line of “get a room”... you need to get a room!

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm personally not a fan of any. I wouldn't kiss, hug or hold hands but that's just me. If my partner wanted to at least hold hands then I wouldn't mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hugging, holding hands, pecks on the cheek, that kinda thing. I just think full-on makeouts in public are weird and uncomfortable for everyone in the area

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless you're undressing each other, it's fine with me

2|0
    0|0
  • For me no more than holding his arms and him putting a arms around my shoulder. Anything else is too much and would embarrass me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Normal making out. As long as it's not reaching a point where it because explicitly sexual, I don't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hugging and kissing is fine but when it's visible tongue and touching in areas and stuff that's the point where it's too far

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I keep PDA to the minimum such a holding hands or a kiss basically. For other people I don't care as long as they aren't just basically having sex or whatever. v

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm fine with plenty of PDA. I've done all kinds of things in public.

1|1
    0|0
  • Any make out longer then a 30 sec is a bit much in my opinion. But you do you

1|1
    0|0
  • It makes me uncomfortable when people make out in public

1|0
    0|1
  • I’m pretty chill. A small peck, or hand holding/cuddling. Other people? I dont care.. finger her ass. I wouldn’t care. Now nasty spitty stuff? Nah

0|0
    0|0
  • When a guy just wants to go inside my shirt to feel me, thats where i draw the line.

0|0
    0|0
  • i can't show pda in public i feel awkward i can only when were alone lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Light to medium kissing, hugging. No intense making out or fucking.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends like u can kiss at the supermarket but make out at a club

0|0
    0|0
  • Pdamean

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer none at all

1|0