What are your thoughts about sex on the 3rd date?

I slept with a guy on the 3rd date. Now I’m wondering if I set myself up to be f***buddy zoned. What do you guys think? What are your thoughts on sex on the 3rd date? Is it good/bad? Do you think it’ll affect how the relationship goes from there?

325

Most Helpful Guys

• There is no rule that sex on the first, second, third or whatever date is good or bad. You could have the first sex on the 50th date and she would still treat you as a means for his sexual release because that is what he is after.

I had the first sex with my ex girlfriend on our third date; she turned out to be one of my worst girlfriend ever. The relationship did not last not because we had our first sex on date 3.

A month after the breakup, I met my current girlfriend. We had our first kiss on date one and our first sex on date two. She is, character-wise and chemistry-wise, the kind of girlfriend I always wanted—very easy-going, humble, friendly, playful, non-judgemental, carefree, and kind. A true people-person unlike my ex.

There are so many dynamics that goes into whether to have sex with somebody early or not. For example, how much you know each other. You could be conversing with someone for a week or month and still know little about them. You could chat with someone for a day or so, you come up knowing a lot about them.

How you both feel in those initial stages of the getting-to-know-you is another thing.

The traditional model of getting into a relationship starts with courtship, then knowing, then mutual agreement to be in a relationship, and then sex after, does not reflect the formation of most relationships nowadays.

Some successful relationships start with sex, then knowing, and then mutual agreement to be in a relationship. You just need to trust your gut instinct that he or she is the right person for you.

• It depends on the people involved, their expectations, and how the other dates went. I had sex on the first date with two separate girlfriends, so it doesn't mean you're friendzoned. I personally don't see a problem with having sex on the third date.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think hey you do you, but I'd wait a little longer personally.