What are your thoughts about sex on the 3rd date?

I slept with a guy on the 3rd date. Now I’m wondering if I set myself up to be f***buddy zoned. What do you guys think? What are your thoughts on sex on the 3rd date? Is it good/bad? Do you think it’ll affect how the relationship goes from there?

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• There is no rule that sex on the first, second, third or whatever date is good or bad. You could have the first sex on the 50th date and she would still treat you as a means for his sexual release because that is what he is after.

I had the first sex with my ex girlfriend on our third date; she turned out to be one of my worst girlfriend ever. The relationship did not last not because we had our first sex on date 3.

A month after the breakup, I met my current girlfriend. We had our first kiss on date one and our first sex on date two. She is, character-wise and chemistry-wise, the kind of girlfriend I always wanted—very easy-going, humble, friendly, playful, non-judgemental, carefree, and kind. A true people-person unlike my ex.

There are so many dynamics that goes into whether to have sex with somebody early or not. For example, how much you know each other. You could be conversing with someone for a week or month and still know little about them. You could chat with someone for a day or so, you come up knowing a lot about them.

How you both feel in those initial stages of the getting-to-know-you is another thing.

The traditional model of getting into a relationship starts with courtship, then knowing, then mutual agreement to be in a relationship, and then sex after, does not reflect the formation of most relationships nowadays.

Some successful relationships start with sex, then knowing, and then mutual agreement to be in a relationship. You just need to trust your gut instinct that he or she is the right person for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the people involved, their expectations, and how the other dates went. I had sex on the first date with two separate girlfriends, so it doesn't mean you're friendzoned. I personally don't see a problem with having sex on the third date.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think hey you do you, but I'd wait a little longer personally.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• It just depends on the person. It doesn't matter for me. I've had it on the first date before, I still wanted more (relationship) with her. Sex didn't change that. For some it may though. The main thing is just be honest with him about what you want and are looking for. If this is really bothering you, bring it up to him and just confirm with him what your intentions are. I wouldn't mind if she did this, I'd actually really appreciate it. But that's just me.

0|0
    0|0
  • It may, or it may not. When you have sex with him really has very little if nothing to do with being friendzoned. (where th did you get that idea)
    It depends on if he regards you as relationship material, or a good time girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • in my opinion, women give up sex too easily these days. But yeah it depends if you're looking for a life long, fruitful relationship like me, it's a bad idea. For anything else... I don't know knock yourself out..

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the person. Waiting for the third date to have sex is really pushing it for me personally. The girl would have to be extra special for me to wait that long.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the compatibility, the passion and the personality. Sometimes you can have sex at the first date. Or you can have sex at the 10th date.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's a time and a place for everything. Honestly I wouldn't mind if she waited until she feels like it's the right time... (Not that I'd have much of a choice...)

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel that if you thought it was the right thing to do what is the problem. Do what you feel is right and never regret it

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, what are your thoughts on STD's on the 3rd date?

1|0
    0|0
  • Let's date together till we had sex I really don't know that searching girl for sex is that easy !! Lol 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • We r all adults we make decisions like this everyday but if you had fun and he did 2 we r manly human

0|0
    0|0
  • Its a normal according me what u did and things should stay normal in future and ur relationship should get strong if he is a geninune guy

0|0
    0|0
  • Damn, 3rd date is your last chance to put out or he should assume you're not interested at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop worrying. You'll ruin everything for no reason

0|0
    0|0
  • we were in a relationship after sex on the 1st date

0|0
    0|0
  • No... that's normal timing

0|0
    0|0
  • Naughty

0|0
    0|0
  • Its the real world, where i live first date xxx

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I would wait longer

0|0
    0|0
  • Totally normal

0|0
    0|0
  • It can depends on the guy

0|0
    0|0
  • 1st date or I'm completely out. With whores being so sexually liberated I just assume she's not interested if not.

0|0
    1|0
  • Third? By that time I think my blue balls would have turned purple, and your pussy would be sore afterwards. What the...

0|0
    0|0
    • Ok bad comment.

• In my last two long term relationships I got sexual with both girls on date two. But we stayed together because we like each other.

I have been brutally friendzoned for not making a move soon enough when I was younger. I feel like I have to, even if want something serious with a girl.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Jaja if the person has an STD or STI it's bad no matter how long you wait.

0|1
    0|0
    • That's why you use condoms and pills.

• Condoms don't always work nor protect against everything and who tf would honestly just take a pill and think it's enough? Some idiot.

• What took you so long?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes