If you are single, Would you date a single or divorced parent?

Lets say you are single, and you dont have kids yourself. Do you think it is too much baggage and burden to date a single parent and Will you be able to handle it? Im talking a man or a woman whose children are still in school years or still they are teenagers.

This brought my attention as where I work yesterday I was listening to a single parent who was arguing over the phone with his ex or he was talking to his mom I believe, about his small kids, and him giving permission to go out to his daughter. He was kind of angry discussing over the phone that he won't give her permission and talking to his mom on the phone about it and h was starting to get angrier each time. The guy is a single parent but he is very philanderer and liketo woo and tease women.

So then I asked myself, If a woman date that guy, Will she be able to deal with the issues the guy has for being a single parent and all the problems that could come as her date is a parent to small kids, especially when the lady is totally single, never been even married before and has no kids at all, but lets say she in the future dates the guy because they both like each other

Even if you love and care for your partner andyou get along well and have chemistry and connection, Will you handle being with someone who is a parent knowing that you won't be a priority in this guy or lady´s life, as the priority are his/her children and aslo knowing the problems you could encounter with your SO due to his/her kids but also with the person´s former ex?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Well, if you count having grown kids that are out on their own now, then I'm in that situation. When I met my girlfriend, my youngest was about to finish college so I had no children living with me and was enjoying the freedom that comes with that. My current girlfriend had her children later in life than I did so her youngest was still pretty young when we met. That wasn't what I was planning for, but she seemed like a good match for me so I decided to accept it and not only dated her but we've been living together now for a few years.

Having a child in the house definitely adds a lot of restrictions and reduces the amount time available to do things one-on-one with your partner, but if you can bond with the child there's good that comes from it too. We do get a break during the dad's custody time so it's not quite like having a child full time.

I know someone that had two children when she started dating a guy that was single with no children. They're living together now and the guy has bonded with her children and enjoys doing things with them so people certainly are willing to do it.

It might be harder for someone that just doesn't like children or doesn't want that kind of responsibility, but for others it can be worth it if the parent is a good partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • Each person must be evaluated on his or her own merits, not on a checklist. I adore children, so I'm more likely to fall for the kids than the mom, to be honest.

0|0
    0|0
    • So why you want to fall more for the kids than the mom? In that case you better not date the mother then,

• Because I like kids more than adults.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course I wouldn't date a guy like that simply because of how big the age gap would be, but if I was in my twenties (perferably like 23) and the guy was at most in his late twenties and he doesn't look too bad (needs to be attractive) and his kids are just young kids like maybe 5 or something then I wouldn't mind (though a lot of conditions but I don't feel like I'm asking for much). Honestly I know kids can be tiring and I get annoyed at them sometimes but I love kids so I wouldn't mind. My only worry is whether I'd be able to connect well with the kid and forming a bond with the kid but then breaking up with the guy.

0|0
    0|0
    • You knoow u will be always a second priority right?

• I don't really think of it in a way like that, I mean I'm not going to demand to be the first priority when he has a kid. For kids and a lover there's always a balance, you just have to be understanding because he has a literal reason for you not being his first priority. Not to mention, I just view this situation differently. So I don't mind the kid

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• Depends on the circumstances and what the single person is willing and able to deal with.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have been in a marriage with children that we're not my own and when they got older my wife became an attached to me so now I'm divorced. It depends on if this person I willing to be with me unconditionally like they would want me too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't date anybody either way anymore, regardless.

1|0
    0|0
  • Forget the parent part, I have been rejected simply because I went through a divorce. Add a child to that and a lot of women don't want to know you.

For me I see no problem with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, it would depend on several things. It would depend on how old the kids were, if the mother had issues with the kids' father among other things.

Simples...

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. wouldn't date someone who was divorced or a single parent. Both are deal breakers.

1|0
    0|0
  • Indeed says mr reed it's possible to make a happy relationship when they leave there baggage at the door

0|0
    0|0
  • have done several times with no more problems than women with no baggage

0|0
    0|0
    • so in both cases problems always were

• usual relationship stuff... kids have never been the issue though im not pretending you have to make some allowances

• I don't do "rules" so I would consider it on a case-by-case basis.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not interested.

1|0
    0|0
  • Been there done that

0|0
    0|0
  • No. The end.

1|0
    0|0
  • People date other people with kids all the time

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Can you send message me?

0|0
    0|0
  • nope never

0|0
    0|0
    • why?

• l am single l dont want baggage there kids come first fair enough so l would come last so l will not date them not even for one night as l dont do one night stands its my choice

• Not in a million years, under any circumstances!

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Nah I’m not dating anyone with kids that’s nothing but drama and I ain’t here for it, period. These baby mamas be getting outta hand these days and I ain’t got time for that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't date just divorced but a widowed parent yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I love the person and liked children then why not

0|0
    0|0
  • No I plan on being single forever

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes why not

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a single mother myself, so yes.