If you are single and ready to mingle than WHY are you not using Online Dating Sites and Apps?

• Catfishers and Scammers
  • Too many fake profiles
  • You have to be good looking or you are screwed
    Vote C
  • These sites just take your money
    Vote D
  • They are all just hook up sites
    Vote E
  • All the above
    Vote F

3590

Most Helpful Girls

• I’ve made a few connections on dating apps that weren’t bad. One thing I noticed was how people posted lengthy criteria in their bios and “don’t contact me if blablahblah.” It’s good to know what you want in a partner but on dating sites, it seems like both men and women want to find someone they’re unlikely to find due to their criteria.

• Also, I was on match. com for a while and even there, people were mostly looking for friends with benefits or just a sexual relationship.

• Unfortunately, I live in a really small town and work a lot. The type of men (qualities) that I would usually look for were not available in the singles population of my small town. Online dating in the surrounding areas gave me a wider window.

• I am the same way , you see the movies. Where this people have a date before they food is ready cause the location is so big no wonder. But when your locations is small. You get the same people no matter what. Then you start to wonder if I just look at other people who are far away maybe they will be interested in talking and we can start something. NOPE that does not work either WHY. They never respond or its "Thank you " enough said

• I have never tried any of the online dating sites because most of them are just another legal scam sites trying to make a big buck on the back of those desperate enough to use their services.

To me, the traditional way to find the person of your dreams cannot be replaced by those marketing and expensive gimmicks of the creators of dating sites.

Honestly, how many people creating a dating profile give an true image of themselves. There is always some detail that needs to be hidden, modified, embellished or otherwise "forgotten".

Photoshop or any of those free online image editing software can make a prince out of a hunchback or a beauty queen out of a person botched by nature.

Latest after the 20th first dates with 100% guaranteed matches do you awaken and realize that you are not an inch further than when you paid $$$ for the dream profile on those dating sites that guarantee you success.

• You have never tried any of the sites but somehow know all this will happen.. wow you are simply amazing. LOL

• Fair enough. I just hope you don't live your life base on other opinions and use your gut to try new things. Thanks for the comment!

• Oh I made my fair share of wrong decisions in my life and I learned the lessons the hard way. These are not a deterrent to try new things and again falling on my nose. But so is life!

Most Helpful Guys

• Meet people IN PERSON. 80-90% of people use online sites either as hook-up apps or as a fantasy (as in, they're a 4 out of 10, but they think they deserve at LEAST a 9.5). That makes it mostly a waste of time. Plus, a huge amount of time, people end up talking with people who don't live nearby, which means they never/nearly never get to see them in person, and LDRs are a complete waste of time and energy.

DATE LOCAL and meet people in person. You cut through most of the BS that way.

• I've tried dating sites and apps, I still try them, but I'm no longer naive enough to think something will truly come from those sites. But there's still that small part of me that wants to believe those sites and apps might work, that's why I haven't given up on them entirely.

But from my experience, such as the other day on the mingle site, a girl sent me a wink, then a message the next day, then another wink. I hadn't responded until then because her profile was empty aside from a photo. But I finally decided to send her a message asking to know more about her interests. Her response was, "we can talk about our interests soon, but right now I'd like to hear what your experience is with this website".

Honestly, the response wasn't far from what I expected, only in this case dangling a carrot on a stick that would never come. But at least it was with a free dating site. It's similar to other dating sites, these days, either the women get overwhelmed from email responses from guys, or they only date guys of their religion, or it's actually a cyber bot or a scammer.

As for dating apps, women on there either ghost a person if the message doesn't navigate their invisible minefield, or they're bots.

Again this is just my experience, I know other people have success with the sites and apps. How... I have no idea.

Though several years ago I did actually get a few first dates from dating sites, even then they were odd. One girl performed the date as though it were an interview and then after the "15 minute block" actually told me something to the effect of, you may go now. Then as I confusedly stood up, realized she had not only continued sitting, but took out a book to read while checking her watch.

I don't know, it's just weird.

• The bots and scammers are getting more creative that is for sure. I would never saying online dating is the best thing since slice bread but if you can maneuver through it in a way where to know how to just keep moving forward from the muck.. it does pay off for a lot of people I know.. patience though is a rarity in 2018. People just don't have any.