Do you mind if your partner has too many friends of the opposite sex?

If the guy has only female friends then I would assume he's gay.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I wouldn't really care about the number of male friends she had, as long as she was willing to adopt reasonable boundaries.

For instance, I don't think it is acceptable to spend time alone with a friend of the opposite sex. Nor is it acceptable to hang out with a group that has more males than females. But of course, all she'd have to do is simply invite me to go with her, and she would never have to worry about any of the rest.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I do mind. Those are usually the “boyish/masculine” women and they are not my type. Moreover, the “I need guidance 24/7 type” and the “Why wasn’t I born a man?” type is also among them.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Yup. Close friends of the opposite sex only cause trouble. Its impossible for a man and a woman to be friends without one of them catching feelings eventually. If you're in a committed relationship there's mo need for it.

2|0
    0|0
  • Not really. He had a life and friendships before I came along. If he happens to have a fair amount of female friends who keep decent boundaries, I'm not going to care too much. Though I might find it a bit odd if he ONLY has female friends and no male ones.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 48

• I wouldn't date them in the first place. Every girl I've dated who had a ton of male friends, which I was completely fine with at the time by the way and wasn't jealous at all, turned out to be a cheat. I'd also say that if a guy has mostly female friends he's either a player or a girly-man.

4|0
    0|0
    • I have tons of guy friends and I’d never cheat.
      But I was raised being told not to (okay my parents only told me once )
      Also I’ve been cheated on. It sucks. I could literally hate someone and still not cheat

But I’m also not the most normal chick alive I can admit. ;-; I CAN be socially awkward and I feel better when I make one on one friends. Females are also super hard to just make friends with. In my experience, guys usually were the most responsive when I started a conversation while the girls I spoke to were shy, or they simply weren’t looking be friends (and no I’m not THAT weired, I’m pretty aware of myself)

I don’t doubt girls are assholes though lol

• The guy with more female friends is usually gay. Why would a straight man talk about fashion, getting your nails done and other female stuff?

• not always either.

• Fundamentally it's not a problem. But it does depend. Do they act like just a friend or do they flirt with their "pals". As long as it's not "friends with benefits", it's fine. Though I would encourage my girlfriend to get some more girl friends, if they only had male acquaintances. You do miss out on unique bonds when you never socialize with your own sex.

2|0
    0|0
  • It depends it makes me a little uncofortable. I think what's not okay though is if your partner gets too defensive about it when you address that it makes you feel uneasy, especially as big as hookup culture is now. I trusted too many people only for them to prove me right personally.

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind. I like girl who gets along with guys.
    >> If the guy has only female friends then I would assume he's gay.

My closest friends are also all female. I also wear pink shirt. Check out my sexy pose with my butt out:

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm a super heterosexual though. I grew my arms from masturbating to naked ladies with 3xMax with arm weights strapped on. This is me after masturbating like that for 6 weeks and I never thought of guy even one time when I was masturbating. I tried to masturbate in a way that would be really intense and never climaxed without muscle failure, and emphasizing tension on both the push and the pull. I actually grew my lats a bit from that as well, I think:

• Show All
    • I got kinda hammered last night and was gonna write in defense about my heterosexuality and then I thought about it a bit and realized my favorite shirt is pink and I like to jokingly stand in a very feminine pose lately. :-D

I mostly do the latter to annoy my wife like when we're standing in line at the bank. She keeps nudging me like, "Stop doing that!" Me: "Doing what?" Her: "Stop standing like that!" Me: "What do you mean? I'm just standing in my normal way." Her: "You don't stand like that normally!" Me: "Oh yeah, for you I was trying to impress you so I tried to stand in more manly way all this time we were married. Now I feel more comfortable with you so I just stand more naturally." :-D

That said, I still don't have sexual attraction to guys.

• I dig it. I just find it to be funny.

• Do i lose my shit over it? No
    Do i mind? Yes, to some extent, i do

4|1
    0|0
  • I joined yoga in highschool while all the other boys took self defence. Its where I made all my friends.
    While all the other boys were getting sweaty and rolling around eachother I was in a room filled with girls in yoga pants in flexible positions.
    I learned how to do the splits that year and fold myself in half because I had the proper motivation... the power of friendship hehehe.

1|0
    0|0
  • If a girl can't get along with other girls and only has guy friends that's a pretty big red flag.

3|0
    0|0
    • I have a lot of guys friends and Don't get along with girls... what red flag is that?

• @PetrovaFire92 Well look at it this way, if you can't get along with any other girls which is more likely, that the problem is in all other girls or that the problem is in you?

Besides, what if you have a daughter someday?

• I used to get beat up by girl's in elementary school middle and high school... for no reason 😒☹️ so yeah an girls can be fake some times the only friend I need is my twin sister.

• If i thought they where competition ie single, straight and had more going for them than me then yes though definitely way less so if they where my friends as well as it would be more likely I could trust them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of my closest friends are women. That's been the same most of my life.

I was a dancer as a kid - classical ballet. In a dance school of around 600 pupils, 4 of us were boys and I was the oldest.

I knew by the time I was 11 that I was very into girls.

Very.

I didn't like most of the guys I went to school with. They were misogynistic missing links for the most part.

I stayed away from them because I didn't want to be considered "like" them.

I've been accused of being gay a few times - by guys. Girls, not so much. When I was younger I was told "I'm up here" talking to girls regularly when my gaze wandered South.

Don't assume he's gay. He may just be sickened by the way he's seen guys treat you and your friends and not want to be part of the problem...

0|0
    0|0
  • How many is too many? For me, personally, I really don´t care about the gender or number of my partners friends. I don´t see why there should be a difference between having boy or girl friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm jealous as hell, so no. But these things, its all matter of the person. Ask yourself if you are ok with it or not, there is no right answer. If you're not ok with it, bring it up to him.

0|0
    0|0
  • She better have no friends of the opposite sex unless their one of Jerry’s Kids or have Dows Syndrome.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes, if she only has male friends, that's a deal breaker.

2|1
    0|0
  • If you have too many dogs, I'll assume you're a dog

1|1
    0|0
  • I have only male friends and my friends bullied me. They called me a gay.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes i would mind. I would want her to keep "some" friends with limitations

• No it should not matter was married 26 years before my wife passed away had a lot of woman friends still do

0|0
    0|0
  • I have almost inly female friends. I'm bisexual, but girls are just nicer to chat with and as 90%of them knowingly have hardly any interest for sexual stuffz (although I have but fight to repress it as good as possible) you will always be sure that they will like you based on your character. And as I am a very sweet and kind character I am told (yep that sounds awfully selfish) I have quite some very close friends I can trust and really rely on. Girls are also better listeners, and if you like to listen (like I do, I love it) they can be great talkers. I don't know how to describe it i guess

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh and... with a girl I would mind many male friends I guess because boys are idiots. But my female friends can also be friends of my partner without any problems, as it is her that I love.

• Good question. I usually don't. It depends. People are territorial. Gotta have trust tho. If you don't. There's no point to try to tie em down

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah that's a big no no for me, one or two male friends is cool, but anymore than that is a deal breaker for me, from my observations and experiences.

0|0
    1|0
  • Though We have individual differences bt for me I won't like my partner to keep to many opposite sex as friend because am really a jealous type

0|0
    0|0
  • Then you assumed wrong because he is probably doing them all

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would mind as it would make feel uncomfortable that she had a ton of guy friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • When u assume u make an ass of yourself. maybe he's playing the cards smart. or maybe he's been abused by hetero couples playing games with his heart over an over so he thinks every man's the same. im starting to test fews intentions. he just likes what he sees and men ain't pretty and have proven to not be loyal friends. still testing the real looking ones an nodding at the others. cunt I ain't gay. im in love with every woman I talk to instantly or already. i assume I'm at war for pussy so tell me please I'm not and fuck me everyday. wtf

0|0
    0|0
  • I would.

1|1
    0|0
  • Not at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I'd mind

0|1
    0|0
  • Is too many friends a thing now? smh

0|1
    0|0
  • Someone is jealous 😁😂

1|0
    0|0
  • ... Yes. Because in many cases, it's more than it.

1|1
    0|0
  • That's a retarded assumption, and no

1|0
    0|1
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 30

• It only matters to me if his friends are assholes to me. Cause you know girls can be territorial and bitches. Maybe one of them likes him without knowing it or she's too scared to reveal it so she continues to make every girl he dates life suck when they hangout. In that case i wouldn't want to hangout with any them if they are like that.

1|1
    0|0
  • YES I would mind.. then again I have friends that's are guys but I would cut them off quick if the guy was worth it. If I meet some one yeah I'm cutting my guy friends off.

2|2
    0|1
  • Eh, no not really. If I trust that person it works. And we're not animals, goodness gracious. It's not like every person we hang out with is a potential mater. Sometimes guys and girls can be just friends. And so no, I don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's one of the most illogical assumptions I've heard, how does the gender of your friends define your sexuality

0|0
    0|1
    • Read TrustOfWorthington's opinion. I am right.

• Well I disagree, I have all (but one) male friends and I am straight. Your circle of friends comes from the company you hold (ie: work, hobbies) not your sexual preferences

• I would say that the ratio should be balanced so he should neither have more girl or guy friends. If he was only around his girl friends I would be concerned and worried that the girls would give him attention and flirt with him and that would make me jealous. However, if he knows how to keep a healthy distance with his girl friends then no I would not mind him having girl friends at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I mind. I just don't feel good about it. I don't have much guy friends. Most of my friends are females.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to not mind, now i mind bc girls are jealous of me, and whoever i am with now i have issues on trusting a man that is trustworthy and can go with any girl at any time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes tf like I don’t want my man to ONLY have female friends

3|0
    0|0
  • If the guy has only female friends, don't assume he's gay.

0|2
    0|0
  • I think an emotionally healthy person should be able to get along with both males and females. And its alright that they have female friends, as long as they're not cheating or flirting with them

1|0
    0|1
  • It depends. It’s fine honestly. BUT If they are way tooo touchy and flirty. No way.
    People are shady as fuck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do mind. I have like 2 guy friends and the rest are girls. If my partner didn't like my guy friends, I'd drop them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont like it. Specially knowing some of those friends he's had dates with but didn't progress to a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Shouldn't you be happy that your partners have friends?

0|0
    0|0
  • No not really. One female friend is not too many and she is nice

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because I don't have trust issues and because he doesn't even that many friends.

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes I do mind

1|0
    0|0
  • omg I couldn't stand it

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope unless those friends aren't friends

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes lol I’ll get jealous

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but I wouldn’t assume he’s gay.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheating is a thing...

0|0
    0|0
  • ... yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all

0|0
    0|1
  • I wouldn’t mind AS LONG AS
    -they KNOW when they are being flirted with and I know he would stop talking to them if they did cause that’s messing with fire
    -I know he is respectable of me, his girlfriend.
    -They have no problem meeting me (if she doesn’t want to meet me. It’s for a reason I wouldn’t like to hear about or unreasonable)
    -and he doesn’t hang out one on one and includes me on a lot

0|1
    0|0
  • Yea cause then he’s probably a hoe.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I do. My last boyfriend had loads of friends who were girls, and to me, it looked like he was flirting with them. And I am 100% sure they were flirting with him. Which is why we broke up.

2|0
    0|0
  • Ya sadly unless their mutual friends

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes