Do you mind if your partner has too many friends of the opposite sex?

If the guy has only female friends then I would assume he's gay.

3250

Most Helpful Guys

• I wouldn't really care about the number of male friends she had, as long as she was willing to adopt reasonable boundaries.

For instance, I don't think it is acceptable to spend time alone with a friend of the opposite sex. Nor is it acceptable to hang out with a group that has more males than females. But of course, all she'd have to do is simply invite me to go with her, and she would never have to worry about any of the rest.

• Yes, I do mind. Those are usually the “boyish/masculine” women and they are not my type. Moreover, the “I need guidance 24/7 type” and the “Why wasn’t I born a man?” type is also among them.

Most Helpful Girls

• Yup. Close friends of the opposite sex only cause trouble. Its impossible for a man and a woman to be friends without one of them catching feelings eventually. If you're in a committed relationship there's mo need for it.

• Not really. He had a life and friendships before I came along. If he happens to have a fair amount of female friends who keep decent boundaries, I'm not going to care too much. Though I might find it a bit odd if he ONLY has female friends and no male ones.