How much money are you willing to spend on a gift for your partner if you haven’t been together for too long?

Christmas is coming up in over a month and I honestly want to go all out on a gift for my boyfriend but we’ve only been together for a few weeks and I don’t want him to feel like he has to spend a lot of money on me.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• It's not about the amount of money you spend. It's about a gift that comes from the heart. How do you feel about them? Once you know that find a gift that shows that. I would be happy with a card made by yourself that means more then any gift you could buy.

1|1
    0|0
  • I notice that you are 17 and so what you can afford to spend as a 17yo may be different from my budget as a 46yo professional and homeowner. But for a girlfriend who I was in a new relationship with, I would spend up to about $200 for a gift. On her last birthday I spent over $1000 on my g/f, which included a $400 designer handbag. But we've been together for 2 years and now live together.
    In your case I would say $50 is reasonable, buy him something that he will use and he will think of you when he uses it.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It all depends on how the relationship has unfolded. But if it's only been a few weeks, I'd go for a gift that is $50 max. An idea would be like a new wallet with a gift card to his favorite clothing line or a coffee spot. Then go sentimental by making him dinner.

2|0
    0|0
  • Since he's been an amazing supportive boyfriend to me these past 3 months Im trying to spend more on his gifts than he does on me, id say at least $500 might be a bit too much for how long we've known each other but he truly deserves it.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• i'm planning to just buy my girlfriend something tomorrow, like a shirt she really likes, tomorrow we'll have been dating for a week even for a week i think it's still worth it.

1|0
    0|0
  • $50 if it's less than 6 months. $100 if it's a year. Afterwards increase by 1.5 each year unless you two set a boundary for the price limits.

1|0
    0|0
  • AMOUNT. does not matter. It matters how good of a gift it is for the person. Is it to their liking can they use it to goods etc.

2|0
    0|0
  • Been with my wife for 6 years now anddd I have only bought her a few things mostly make things for her and past relationships but In dollar value probably 5 $

1|0
    0|0
  • Just stick to something that means something to the both of you, whether it's cheap or not. As time goes on, you can splurge more if you want.

1|0
    0|0
  • You don't need to spend much to get something personal.

1|0
    0|0
  • 10 mill. plus.
    How much I can afford to spend is an entirely different question :-)

1|0
    0|0
  • Just talk with him about it.
    That's the easyest way to make sure that you're both on the same level on this topic

1|0
    0|0
  • Not sure, I was going to buy something for @thevampire_queen but it was more of a gift for myself

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably 20-50 dollars if you really care about them

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how desperate one is... and who the partner is...

1|0
    0|0
  • Talk to him and agree an amount. Problem solved

2|0
    0|0
  • 20 bucks

1|0
    0|0
  • That is a good question and I haven't got a clue😂

1|0
    0|0
  • I'll give her free ketchup samples.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would say least $50.00 the most.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t spend money on hos

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• £0.00
    I’m not spending shit on no one. I don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day, anniversaries etc.

3|1
    0|0
  • It's great that you want to go all out for him but don't spend too much money on the gift. Maybe just get him something you know he'll like that is maybe in the middle of a high and low price.

1|0
    0|0
  • When me an my ex started dating I didn’t do Christmas for him the first year. We waited

1|0
    0|0
  • Limit your money wisely

1|1
    0|0
  • 20 dollars😂

2|0
    0|0
  • $2..

2|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how serious we are