How much money are you willing to spend on a gift for your partner if you haven’t been together for too long?

Christmas is coming up in over a month and I honestly want to go all out on a gift for my boyfriend but we’ve only been together for a few weeks and I don’t want him to feel like he has to spend a lot of money on me.

1119

Most Helpful Guys

• It's not about the amount of money you spend. It's about a gift that comes from the heart. How do you feel about them? Once you know that find a gift that shows that. I would be happy with a card made by yourself that means more then any gift you could buy.

• I notice that you are 17 and so what you can afford to spend as a 17yo may be different from my budget as a 46yo professional and homeowner. But for a girlfriend who I was in a new relationship with, I would spend up to about $200 for a gift. On her last birthday I spent over $1000 on my g/f, which included a $400 designer handbag. But we've been together for 2 years and now live together.
    In your case I would say $50 is reasonable, buy him something that he will use and he will think of you when he uses it.

Most Helpful Girls

• It all depends on how the relationship has unfolded. But if it's only been a few weeks, I'd go for a gift that is $50 max. An idea would be like a new wallet with a gift card to his favorite clothing line or a coffee spot. Then go sentimental by making him dinner.

• Since he's been an amazing supportive boyfriend to me these past 3 months Im trying to spend more on his gifts than he does on me, id say at least $500 might be a bit too much for how long we've known each other but he truly deserves it.