What to do when it feels like you're making all the compromises in the relationship?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Relationships should be an equal give and take. Have a serious but respectful conversation with your partner. Let them know how you are feeling, and talk about some of the things that are bothering you.

And, if your partner can't have a conversation about this and hear that you have some relationship needs that aren't being met here, then that's a red flag.

0|3
    0|0
  • I would end it. I’ve been in the same position and all it does is drain your time, energy and self esteem. You can try working it out but ultimately, the relationship ends up failing. The fact that you are doing all the compromising shows that they are selfish and you do not want to be with a selfish guy for the rest of your life, trust me.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• You are not compromising you are bending over and taking it. Your other half is controlling. Unfortunately in my experience you can’t talk this through. End it and find someone less controlling

0|1
    0|0
  • Express your deaires. Be firm about what you want. Compromises are good, but if she's acting like a child, mabie she needs to be treated like one. Draw boundaries for her, when she is going too far and it feels like she's using you. Speak about your goals and desires confidently.

She might not like it at first, but she will come to love it very soon, because women love assertive men.

And if she refuses to see you as someone worthy of compromise on her part, threaten to leave. As a man you will not be used, unless it is benefitial to you or to those close to you.

There are women, who attempt to own you down to your soul, spoiled women, like children and they won't change. Best to avoid them.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• Get the fuck out because it's a waste of your time and energy. Also, if a man truly loves you, he WILL make an effort to be with you.

1|0
    0|0
    • I, the man am the one making the compromises, not her

• It's hard to leave a chick you're really into, I had this problem, but you still need to do it. Just quit the relationship. It will force her to think about her behavior. Don't take her back. She needs to grow up or else she will grow old all alone. For your part you just plain and simple deserve better. Even if you are alone for a while the freedom will be your enormous reward and let you heal.

• Talk to your partner about it and wait a few weeks to see if any change happened. Make a decision and stick to it no matter how much she whines and cries. If she threatens to leave tell her to not slam the door on her way out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Communication is key- talk it out with your partner, give it a few days (or weeks), then consider leaving her for someone who actually cares about you.

0|1
    0|0
  • A compromise would surely help the situation
    Agree to disagree but disagree to part
    When after all it's just a compromise of
    The things we do for love, the things we do for love

0|0
    0|0
  • You get out of it

0|0
    0|0
  • Have a serious talk with your partner.

0|1
    0|0
  • Communicate.

0|0
    0|0
    • Whenever i try to talk she brings on the water works

• Show All
    • Lol how old is she

• Don't talk any more. You've tried. Tears are manipulation. Trust me bro, just leave and don't ever look back.

• I would end it

0|0
    0|0
  • I got caught up with someone who didn’t meet me halfway and compromise. It was so many arguments. Please don’t stay if this is a continuous battle, for your own sake.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is really hard! Cause you’re the only one trynna fight for that relationship. If you giving your all and she won't give you that vibe back why would you settle for someone who can give their best? So piece of an advice ask her what she really wants to do and you need to tell her that she need all her best to compromise too cause you can't just give her what she wants! COMMUNICATE

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• Let it be known that you're tired of being the one it always make compromises, and stop doing it. Be willing to leave if things don't change. If someone expects this from you usually it's because they know you're afraid that if you don't they'll leave. That's how she has you by the balls right now, or at least thinks she does.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like the beginning of the end. I don't have much patience so I just leave.

1|1
    0|0
  • Both sides are entitled to be happy in the relationship, therefore you should bring it up. Its not a good relationship if you're getting shit end of the stick, but that also applies to her. Have a talk see where it goes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've suffered this. I tried so hard to talk to my SO and explain with logic and examples but she didn't hear any of it. Ultimately you have to be prepared to say you will leave relationship and mean it. If someone won't negotiate or listen at all, give them a chance for maybe a month or two but not much more, you need your life back and there will always be someone else out there better for you, no matter how scary it can feel momentarily to make that leep. Family will have your back and they probably already know you're suffering unfairly.

0|0
    0|0
  • A compromise is supposed to be from both sides. You are just giving in/up. I suggest testing out what happens when you stick to your guns on something

0|0
    0|0
  • If you've presented your concerns and she doesn't give a fuck, end it. You're not important enough to her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try not to fit in!😐
    Talk and make better decisions.
    Being struck isn't always a choice

0|1
    0|0
  • That sounds like my last relationship. I did all the compromising hence why it ended 😅

0|0
    0|0
  • Review it, see if it is healthy or not, and then take the necessary action.

0|0
    0|0
  • I find I feel like a man. 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • Makes you feel like a fool

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk with your partner ASAP

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk it out or end it

0|0
    0|0
  • Just man up and do you need to do

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone says to talk, but when you have to tell someone to be respectful, loving, caring, and to make more compromise, it's already over. You should never have to tell, instruct, or persuade someone else to be good to you.

This is not a time for talking, it's a time for walking. Her waterworks are a way to manipulate, guilt trip, and trigger your masculine instinct to protect. Those are crocodile tears...

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes