He is not the same after having our first date - Does he not like me?

I met this guy through social media. After exchanging numbers and chatting a lot, we finally met yesterday. We never saw each other irl.
The date lasted 2 hours but i have a really bad feeling: He doesn't like me. He was quite cold and it was awkward and there were many silent moments. But he mentioned smth about a second date, but i think he just said it without meaning it...

after the date he didn't text me at all as he used to. I looked at my phone so many times to see if he texts, but there was nothing.

Then today - exactly 24 hours later - he texted me how i am. I replied ofc. And then we just had smalltalk and again he doesn't seem as interested anymore, unfortunately...

i really liked him, a lot, so it hurts.

Should i text him and say that he doesn't have to be polite and text me, he can just quit contact with me if he doesn't feel me? Obviously his behaviour changed completely and I wanna know if i should move on or not. I can't stand this not knowing how he feels about me.

What should i do? Please help me...
My problem is not him not liking me. I understand if he doesn't like me, I dont wanna force anything.

My problem is that Im not sure if i should text him and ask him how he feels about me. I wanna know if i should move on or not...
I texted him and told him to be honest just like i was honest.

Apprently my looks and personality aren't the problem, but my religion is. Im catholic and he is muslim. LOL!

136

Most Helpful Guy

• You might be reading too much into it, but it's hard to say. I think if he wasn't interested at all, he wouldn't have bothered to text you again, but he did. Having said that, I can understand how you feel so I'd be honest and confront him on it point blank. Say something like, I enjoyed our date, however I get the feeling maybe you didn't or you're not interested in more, am I right? I'm ok if that's the case, I'd just like to know so we don't waste each others time."

• Thank you very much! As soon as im brave enough ill text him smth like that. Thank you!!!

Most Helpful Girls

• I also think you read too much into it. Please DON’T ask him where you guys stand. You only had ONE date with this guy. I think you made the mistake to expect a lot from your date. Tbh if he wasn’t interested into meeting you, he would have canceled. I also think he was turned off by your insecurities. Next time (I’m pretty sure he’ll ask you out again if he likes talking to you), be confident and enjoy your date. We all look better on social media. He asked you out because he enjoyed talking to you and he felt some kind of connection. Guys pull away sometimes. Give him space and time. If you pressure him into something he’s not ready for (you have to keep in mind that you only had one date), he might get scared and run away. Be your genuine sexy confident self and let him come to you and pursue you. Also, keep your options open and date other guys. You’ll feel less anxious about his behavior and more confident about yourself.

• This is some really good advice. Thank you so so much, you really helped me out! <3

• Sometimes take a day to respond to not seem too pushy. Let him reach out and if you want text him and see how that goes

• Yeah, i gave him his space, i waited. But when he wrote, it was very short.

He just doesn't like me, it okey, i gotta accept it...

• Yes, Im doing that, thank you :)

• Playing games like this is never a good idea lol it will just fall apart even more. I think just be yourself like I said and don’t worry too much. Chances are he just meet you without wanting anything from you. You don’t know this guy how many girls he’s seeing, maybe he’s not into relationships, maybe he’s shy, self conscious, afraid of rejection, isn’t sure about how you feel or simply just didn’t feel the sparks. Who knows. Just be yourself and don’t make it look like somethings wrong.