What is your "age limit" when it comes to dating?

Updates:
Right now, mine is 2 years younger and up to 10 years older

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm only 17, so I'd say anything over an age difference of over 2 years seems a little questionable I'd say personally. It gets less relevant over time but for me still sort of relevant (obv issue of being underage). My girlfriend is only a year older than me and we've been together for almost 2 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, it's no younger than 18 years old for obvious reasons (adult women who are still in high school are obviously not going to work out though).

I would say the absolute oldest woman I could date, and have sex with is a 49 year old. So, my range is about 18-49. Of course, there are some women 50 years old (and over) who would fly by, but these instances are rare.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• He has to be mature enough to be a husband and father to our children and to stand up to his parents if they don't like me and be able to pay his own rent and transportation and life bills. He has to be young enough to last through a 30 year marriage without dying before the 30 years are over.

0|0
    0|0
  • At 27, my current age limit would be 35. My boyfriend is 34 but looks much younger. Also I wouldn’t date too much older as I eventually want children but not for five years or so, and I don’t want my children to have super old parents/my partner to be past optimum child raising age.

I’d probably only go a couple years younger, like 25.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 64

• Dating wise, 18 plus. Why set limits for some fun. As long as its consenting adults then anything goes.
    For a relationship, 30-42. Anything below 30 seems a little young for someone approaching late 30's. Much above 40 reduces chances of having a child, which i want

0|0
    0|0
  • 21 to around 35. I had a one nighter with someone older, but even that felt a bit awkward. If you can't join me in going out for a drink, that feels weird as well. But to each their own.

0|0
    0|0
  • For relationships Id say like 23-35.
    Its a guideline though, age is just a number. If our mentalities click I could go older or younger within reason (18 absolute minimum).

Its unusual though, I find younger girls to usually lack some experiences and the lessons that come with them. So I try to find someone with an equivalent outlook / life experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't feel I can date anyone that is old enough to be my mother or young enough to be my daughter. Unless I'm somehow shown the light that I could (and should, even), I'd say I'd only date someone closer to my own age.

0|0
    0|0
    • See. This is sensible. a lot, not just saying male, want to date their children's age

• My most recent ex was 30 younger... my third ex was 7 older.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh I am so old 😭😭😭
    Well I never dated but I guess any girl that is 20+ is fine but I rather someone close in age to me more, nothing above 32 I guess

0|0
    0|0
  • If I was dating now, it would be 35 to 50.

If I was just hooking up, it would be 18 to 50

0|0
    3|0
  • I'm 28 now... I want to to say 21 to around 33. I at least want someone who can drink in public and not someone that's to much older then me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wow what's with all these guys and willing to date young teens to grandmas, Desperate much.

• 2 years older than me or 5 years younger is about as far as I'd go. It's not set in stone though. If I met someone awesome I wouldn't be like no because she's 33 or something.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have an age limit but ideally I look for between my age and 10 years younger or older.

0|0
    0|0
  • 21-55

I tend to favor the older ladies, but I like the young ones too. But she must be old enough to drink and be somewhat mature.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as she’s legal I’m ok. My current girlfriend is 31. We’ve been together 3 years

1|0
    3|0
  • No older than 20. There are essentially no women worth dating after about 20.

0|0
    0|0
  • 19? What do you mean age limit? I'm not picky. Lol. So 19 to 60 years old maybe?

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't really have an upper limit, and a lower limit was never really necessary.

0|0
    0|0
  • One year older, but 3 to 4 years younger. I like women around my age group.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to say 10yrs either way, but I've broken that rule a time or to.

0|0
    0|0
  • No strict limit, so let's say 17 - 30. Usually I tend to prefer girls who are younger than me.

0|0
    0|0
    • This man really just said 17 while being 25...

• @burntgold my first girlfriend was 18, it wouldn't matter to me if she was a couple months younger (I had just turned 24 at the time). But I have to agree that even if it's all legal in my country, the age gap would probably be just too much with most girls. Different people mature at different rates it seems

• 38 years old is my age limit, and they need to be within a few months of being 18 years old.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1 year younger than me 3 years older, but that will change when I get out of hs

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls my age typically say "I only date guys 5+ years older than me"

0|0
    0|0
  • I generally like girls younger than me, but probably about 22, maybe 25

0|0
    0|0
  • 10 years younger and 5 years older.

0|0
    0|0
  • They have to be older than my daughter

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, 20 to 45

0|0
    0|0
  • My age +/- 4

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t date anyone below 20.

1|0
    0|0
  • For me it's more about if I'm attracted to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • 8-80

0|1
    1|1
  • Are they legal? Then we can date

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 24

Recommended myTakes