Do you think secret relationships work out?

My girlfriend who I met on a dating app. Wants to still keep us secret after 2 months of dating. She does not think her family will accept that she met me online. We live an hour away and chat late at night a few nights out of the week and constantly text. Though recently I have felt like I need more and that I want to stop sneaking around. I want to call her during the day when I can. I want to go out where ever and I want to just enjoy cuddling for more than half an hour with her before she has to go off and actually do the excuse she used to come see me.

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It might work out in the short term but in the long term I think you will need disclosure. The only way it could work out is if you both move out of the house and live away from your parents.

0|1
    0|0
    • After we meet in person she want to disclose.

• I think it might be okay then but it can't be too long until you both meet in person.

• Lol you know how easy it is for her to fix this all she has to say is oh I met my boyfriend at the mall or at school or doing this or that activity that’s what my friend did. She met her boyfriend on tinder but they told their parents they met at the mall lol no big deal haha

But honestly she should be thinking about other ways of saying how you met if saying meeting online is an issue lol if she hadn’t I’d ask her

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah but she says she is not ready yet.

• Hmm I don't know that’s sort of weird no offense not bad weird but I’d dive into more for her to explain why she is not ready yet that may be a bod sign

Most Helpful Guys

• Secret relationship only work out if they lose the secretive part.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well tell her you need more and if she only wants a secret lover then it won't work. If she wants to meet plan with her something to fake meet her.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• Several reasons for that behavior:
    1. She is still in a relation with someone else and chose you as a potential
    substitute for the time being until the relation breaks up
    2. Her parents are keeping a tight control on her or she may not want
    to upset her parents because of religious, cultural, educational
    reasons
    3. She does not dare to make this very important step to meet you in
    person because she is uncertain herself
    4. She let it go too far into chatting which she perhaps solely intended
    to last a few days and now does is stuck in the game she plays
    5. She is too shy to commit to a date with you knowing she may be
    disappointed at the outcome

There are many more reasons why she blocks a physical meeting with you. You should take it upon yourself to clarify things on a very friendly and not inquisitive way and not putting her under pressure. Give her time and options to answer your questions without her having the feeling that you are nailing her in a corner where she cannot escape.

0|1
    0|0
  • It actually depends on you both if your love is real then it will work. Me and my boyfriend are in a secret relationship for that reason too so we’re planning on meeting so we tell people we met in person not online... and because our love is true we’ve been together for almost three years and our relationship keeps getting stronger and we love each other more xx

0|0
    0|0
    • So how come it took you two, three years?

• No. I never planned on being in a secret relationship but my partner saw it differently. Don't kiss me! Don't touch me! Don't hold hands! We're in public!
    If you're that ashamed to be seen with me then I must be moving on.

0|1
    1|0
  • Yea i dated a guy for almost a year before we told people we were dating

0|1
    0|0
    • Any special reason why you two waited?

• Show All
    • Alright thanks for sharing. Any reason it did not work out?

• We just drifted a part. But we lasted for a year after telling people

• It's all fun and games until you want to stop acting like it's a secret. I broke it off because I felt guilty... but we got back together 3mo later. Been together ever since. KEEP IT GOING.

0|0
    0|0
    • Cool so what did you feel guilty about and what brought you two back?

• Show All
    • O ok I get it. So how is your father taking it?

• He's cool with it. For a relationship that started with sex on the first date... I'd say it's going really good lol

• It might loosen up after awhile. Things are not always easy, be patient.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, secret relationships don't work out. Mine didn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because she’s dating someone else

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Honestly I think it put a hell of a major strain on things. And also I'm not trying to dought her but to me it kinda sounds like it not her relatives she's hiding from but another man she's with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like a tinder sloot to me if I ever heard of one, cut her loose

0|0
    0|0
  • I had a secret relationship with a girl for several years. She never did find out about it...

0|0
    0|1
  • Hiding or being embarrassed of them isn't going to work out long term

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, most likely. If you dont think they will approve lie and say you met at a bar or something

0|0
    0|0
  • She has a boyfriend.
    You are the side cock.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's the only relationship that works out

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0