What do you consider leading someone on?

At one point is it considered that your leading someone on?

I feel like its a pretty blurred line. For example I've been torn apart for having spent some time with a guy as friends and their was some potential and I really enjoyed spending time with him so we decided to go on a date. That night he held my hand and we kissed. Walking away from it I realized there just wasn't a spark and i was feeling what I was supposed to feel. I felt terrible and I talked to him about it and he got mad at me for leading him on. When in the moment things were going well and that seemed to be the natural progression.

But I feel like sometimes you just dont know if something is really there until the kiss...
What do y'all think?

2237

Most Helpful Guys

• This situation highlights one of the differences between men and women. When a man meets a woman, we make a visual assessment of her (not consciously) and we instantly know that we are attracted or we are not attracted. This guy assumed that you were capable of the same instant judgment and you should have known you weren't attracted from the outset, and therefore, you were leading him on.

I know that women sometimes need some experience with a guy before they realize whether they feel an attraction. It may be that, if you had gone on two or three dates with him, you would have started feeling an attraction. But it is too late for that now.

• Why do girls believe there is a spark? There is none, there is chemistry in a relationship definitly. The best kiss I got there was no spark, extra excitement...

It was a sweet romantic kiss and the first of many.

Now you can feel that it is wrong from a kiss sure but breaking it off cause of no fireworks kiss. I feel is wrong.

• its not like i was expecting fireworks but it didn't make me feel attracted to him at all...

And i have felt a spark when kissing a few different guys.

Most Helpful Girls

• I wouldn't say you intentionally led him on but at the same time I can understand why he would feel that way! Perhaps you should just apologise for hurting his feelings and explain it wasn't intentional? Then the balls in his court and he can either decide to accept your apology or carry on being upset about it! That's down to him! You were honest with him as soon as you knew you weren't feeling it! That's more than a lot of people would do!

• i did apologize i just keep having situations come up similar to this in the dating world. So i feel like in order to "be fair" and not hurt anyone i can't give guys chances or really do anything... and thats frustrating because then there's no point to dating or i just look like im too picky or too hard to get...

• It is hard! I'm in the dating game at the moment too so I feel your pain! At the end of the day, someone is always going to feel upset when getting rejected, whether that's from the first message or five dates in! You did everything right! You've certainly got more balls than me! Don't let it put you off dating! The right guy is out there somewhere! And when you find him, if he has a brother send him my way 😂

• thats actually really reassuring. Thank you! And good luck to you too. Looks like we both need it hahaha

• You enjoy kissing and sleeping with the men you like. You obviously didn't like him enough before the kiss anyway. I feel bad for you, because you think that you can fall in love and get the spark after a kiss ;)