Is it possible that I intimidate guys?

I am 21 years old. I have never had a boyfriend. I’ve never been kissed and I have never even gone on a date with a guy.

I have been wondering lately why.
I’m not ugly, I’m funny (to most), and I’m intelligent.

Not to toot my own horn here, because I HATE bragging but here are the facts:

I have a stable job, I no longer live with my parents, I pay my own bills, I have a brand new car that I got on my own, I travel, etc.
I run a successful business in which I have garnished a following of over 20,000 on Instagram and 7,000 on Facebook.
I graduated in the top 5% in high school.
I’ve published a book. I paint. I do crafts. I sing. I film. I edit. I photoshop. I am a Makeup Artist.
I’ve met celebrities and have flown to different states.

Is this intimidating to guys? I don’t understand. I’m so nice and I talk to anyone without judgement. I don’t understand.

934

Most Helpful Guys

• I wouldn't say intimidating. Just, that would place you in a specific category, and most guys would by default think that you were looking for a guy who has done better than you in all those things. Or at least the same.

But, also, most of those are pretty much irrelevant to whether or not a guy will be interested. Except the interests, those are cool.

As for what's going wrong. I'd examine your body language, and whether you shut down sexual advances or not. The way you behave in interpersonal situations could be the biggest factor.

You also have to let guys know that it's safe to approach you, or that it's safe to try something with you. You have to "invite" them with your eyes. Or, you have to play with them when they get in play-mode and start trying to establish rapport with you. Then, you have to let them know it's okay to push a little harder. It's all incremental, usually, and at each step, you have to let them know that it's okay to continue the game.

Have you been around many guys? Any male friends? Any female friends that could hook you up with a date?

• Are you serious? Assuming you're not a troll or a shit poster then yeah, that's pretty damn intimidating for most guys. Even if it weren't, the first thought that ran through my mind is "she doesn't need me for anything". Guys often think in terms of "how useful I can be?" or "how much am I worth?" When it comes to dealing with women. That's typically what they look for in men, so a woman who matches or outperforms him in everything he's good at or has to offer is perceived as untouchable. "Why would she want me when she can do everything I'd be able to offer by herself?" Is what's going through the heads of the guys you meet. They probably don't see you as unattractive. You're too useful to yourself, as odd as that may sound.

• This is so interesting to me, because I’ve read upon the “superhero complex” that men have and their intrinsic need to feel like they need to save the day. I don’t understand how to market myself in a way that shows I need help... also... help in what aspect?

• Hmm. I feel like the advice I'd give in your case is bad advice to give. I don't get the impression that you need help with anything, so the first thing to do if you want to seem like you need help is to become helpless. To me that sounds like an awful thing to say so I don't really recommend it, but I suppose the healthiest alternative would be to show willingness to take a back seat as far as a career goes. How you'd go about doing that is something I couldn't tell you, but I suppose if you publicly voiced the opinion that you think women shouldn't have a career and that they'd be better at home that would hammer the point home pretty effectively to any guy who's listening. If you don't actually believe that I wouldn't recommend saying it though. That's also a somewhat clumsy solution though. "Like killing an ant with a sledgehammer" as my professor used to say.

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe you're the kind of person who only travels in packs and you're too busy having a good time with people you know (and also dont want to date you) to be put in situations where people who would want to date you can approach you. do you ever go out to social places alone or always to meet friends? try going to social activities like pub crawl or church service or happy hour at a restaurant alone and see who you meet. try to avoid couples events too where most people are already shacked. also, girls who wear a lot of makeup, i assume you on occasion do because you're a make up artist. that in itself is intimidating to guys who dont know about your other achievements.