Would you consider volunteering together to help people or animals to be an interesting date?

In honor of my wife's cat, who I had to have euthanized last night, I was watching the TV series "All Creatures Great and Small," based on the writings of a veterinarian. In the series and the books, his first "date" with his future wife was tending to an injured calf. She held the animal and calmed it while he put a cast on its leg. It got me thinking, how many of you would find volunteering to help someone or something to be a good date?

3224

Most Helpful Girls

• Oh my gosh, I’ve never thought of this! I’d absolutely love to do this with my boyfriend.
    Thanks for the suggestion! And I’m sorry about your wife’s cat.

• Perhaps give it a try, then. And thank you. My wife's cat was about 21 years old. She sustained an injury that at her age she was unlikely to recover from. The vet recommended it. She died with her head in my hands. She looked right at me. I was the last human to touch her and the last human she saw.

• ❤️ I’m both saddened for you that you experienced that but happy that your cat felt the warmth of her human to her last breath.

We had to euthanize my childhood dog and it was so hard to watch. But I was her human and I know she was happy til the end.

• Thank you for MHO.

• I'm not sure if I would consider it a "date" but I definitely think it would be a fun thing to do with a partner or potential partner. I have volunteered at my local animal shelter, with my church, and with the Salvation Army. It could be fun to volunteer with a guy as a way of getting to know each other. :)

• "I'm not sure if I would consider it a 'date'..."
      Certainly not a conventional one, I suppose.

"... but I definitely think it would be a fun thing to do with a partner or potential partner... It could be fun to volunteer with a guy as a way of getting to know each other."
      Forgive me, but what is that if not a date?

I'm curious about your volunteer work at a local animal shelter. What was that like?

• Well if we're volunteering, we wouldn't be alone. It probably wouldn't be very personal. I guess I consider a date to be more of a one on one thing.

I liked volunteering at the animal shelter. I walked the dogs, cleaned kennels, washed bedding, got food for them, and was able to play with the dogs and cats. I love animals so it was perfect for me. Lol

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't think it'd be that bad, but injured cats might be a bit depressing for a first date. My condolences to you and your wife by the way

• Thank you, though my wife passed away 7 years ago. The cat liked me, but she *loved* my wife, so I always considered it my wife's cat.

• Oh... I didn't realize she had passed already. I'm sorry.

• Yeah. My wife and I donate money to animal shelters and rescue places all over the world. But, I'd definitely help out sometime, when I have time