Would you consider volunteering together to help people or animals to be an interesting date?

In honor of my wife's cat, who I had to have euthanized last night, I was watching the TV series "All Creatures Great and Small," based on the writings of a veterinarian. In the series and the books, his first "date" with his future wife was tending to an injured calf. She held the animal and calmed it while he put a cast on its leg. It got me thinking, how many of you would find volunteering to help someone or something to be a good date?
Would you consider volunteering together to help people or animals to be an interesting date?

1|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Oh my gosh, I’ve never thought of this! I’d absolutely love to do this with my boyfriend.
    Thanks for the suggestion! And I’m sorry about your wife’s cat.

0|2
    0|0
    • Perhaps give it a try, then. And thank you. My wife's cat was about 21 years old. She sustained an injury that at her age she was unlikely to recover from. The vet recommended it. She died with her head in my hands. She looked right at me. I was the last human to touch her and the last human she saw.

• ❤️ I’m both saddened for you that you experienced that but happy that your cat felt the warmth of her human to her last breath.

We had to euthanize my childhood dog and it was so hard to watch. But I was her human and I know she was happy til the end.

• Thank you for MHO.

• I'm not sure if I would consider it a "date" but I definitely think it would be a fun thing to do with a partner or potential partner. I have volunteered at my local animal shelter, with my church, and with the Salvation Army. It could be fun to volunteer with a guy as a way of getting to know each other. :)

0|0
    0|0
    • "I'm not sure if I would consider it a 'date'..."
      Certainly not a conventional one, I suppose.

"... but I definitely think it would be a fun thing to do with a partner or potential partner... It could be fun to volunteer with a guy as a way of getting to know each other."
      Forgive me, but what is that if not a date?

I'm curious about your volunteer work at a local animal shelter. What was that like?

• Well if we're volunteering, we wouldn't be alone. It probably wouldn't be very personal. I guess I consider a date to be more of a one on one thing.

I liked volunteering at the animal shelter. I walked the dogs, cleaned kennels, washed bedding, got food for them, and was able to play with the dogs and cats. I love animals so it was perfect for me. Lol

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't think it'd be that bad, but injured cats might be a bit depressing for a first date. My condolences to you and your wife by the way

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you, though my wife passed away 7 years ago. The cat liked me, but she *loved* my wife, so I always considered it my wife's cat.

• Oh... I didn't realize she had passed already. I'm sorry.

• Yeah. My wife and I donate money to animal shelters and rescue places all over the world. But, I'd definitely help out sometime, when I have time

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 30

• People yes - animals - no. I would imagine taking care of animals would be messy and dirty. However - I would not mind taking care of barn animals for a date but would not take care of dogs or cats.

0|0
    1|0
  • Yeah actually. I think that would be pretty cool. My ex and I volunteered on Los Angeles Skid Row for many years.

0|0
    0|1
  • I think as long as it's not a first date and it's something you've both agreed to then yeah that's a really nice memorable experience! The scenario you describe sounds like a natural occurrence though and not planned!

0|0
    0|0
  • I am totally biased that's what I did for my birthday I volunteered at a wolfdog/ E list rescue. I judge people a lot by how they treat dogs and cats so It's a good way to give back and to get to know boo 😘 twofer

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, if you are going to be dating a vet... or a doctor for that matter... it’s expected. You wouldn’t expect them to say to someone ‘sorry, I can’t help you, I am on a date’, because they have a duty of care.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes volunteer work would be a hella interesting date for but then people are really different it always depends on the person, i know the guy am dating now would be bored or even uninterested if i organised such a date but my ex would have been so excited, it all depends of the people involved

0|0
    0|0
    • Sounds like you dumped your ex because he was too nice for this new guy who doesn’t care.

Kidding... kidding

• Yeah not really we separated because things were just not working anymore and this new guy well I don't know he is just interesting to be with him

• We've been devoting a lot of our time to helping people & animals. We don't do it to make our dates interesting. We do it to because we wanna help.

0|2
    0|0
  • I'm an animal lover, so yes i'd appreciate that very much. That's marriage material right there actually.

And sorry about the kitty, how old was s/he? :(

0|0
    0|0
    • She was 21.

• Show All
    • That sounds adorable. I love all animals, but I have a soft spot for cats. They're just so sweet. It takes more effort, but it is well worth it. Damn, she was talented, I wish I knew how to play the violin (or any instrument for that matter).

• That's so sweet, I'm about to cry. I'm sorry for those losses :(

• well i can volunteer but not on a date as such
    but i did mixed up with someone where we went for sexual survey and stuff and it was the first time we met there hehe

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a great idea. I do volunteer work and would love to have it as a date, if I could get one. It shows your caring and it is. something that just makes you and other's smile. Sorry about your cat.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes it shows the generous side of the guy that i'm dating.

1|0
    0|0
  • Thats so amazingly beautiful. I would love to do something like this with a boyfriend. Thats sweet!

1|0
    0|0
  • Wow, 100%. I would be impressed by the guy's creativity and altruism!

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a fabulous idea for a date

So sorry for the loss

1|0
    0|0
  • seems different, and i do like animals so maybe i would give it a shot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, I’d mush over a guy who would want to do this with me. 😍

0|0
    0|0
  • Volunteer work brings people closer together, so I could see that as a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. You are WORKING when you volunteer- it's not a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yaaa I’ll think that’s awesome af!! Love people who help the community and do volunteer work

0|0
    0|0
  • This is a great idea. I love it.

0|1
    0|0
  • What a great idea for a first date!

0|0
    0|0
  • That'd be GREAT!

0|0
    0|0
  • YES YES YES YES.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for the reply. Interesting profile pic, by the way.

• I would love to do that as a date

0|1
    0|0
    • I hope you will find a man who love helping humans and animals one day, sis;)

• Omg yes ♥️

0|1
    0|0
  • I think that would be adorable. 😍

0|0
    0|0
  • I already have. Meow

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it would be interesting

0|0
    0|0
  • Ew no that’s boring asf

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if we are eating them after.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 22

• I've never done that. That's pretty interesting. I don't think it would go over with most women in this day and age.
    I have taken a girl to the aspca to play with cats and dogs though. It seemed to go well, but there was not a second date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well iv volunteered at a food bank for almost 4 years and it, s very busy not very glamorous work, a date should, t be the mind set asking then to help you help others is better it, s good to see your partners generosity shine

0|0
    0|0
  • yea why not, I always wanted to help out animals since my elementary school days. never thought about it being a idea for dating though but I dont see how it won't fly

0|0
    0|0
  • make it a poll. yes, that's a good positive date. great idea.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes! it is a creative and original idea for a first date. I would try it. The problem is that you need to date a special and "out of the box" person.

0|0
    0|0
  • People yes.
    Animals no.
    Because I believe the number of humans that are suffering right now is far greater than we waste our time and resources on animals which jump any moving thing.

0|0
    1|0
    • I've written my comment based on the title.
      If it's for someone who just passed away I guess is a beautiful thing to do.

• I would. If a woman did not love animals, I could not be interested in her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it would have been more interesting to butcher it, cook it, and then eat it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well, I suppose that could be a hunting date... which by the way a friend of mine has done.

• Yes, , l would. if both of them are animal or human lover.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.
    Helping animals is a better work, no dating in that.
    Date is different thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's the most stupid dating idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • People-no.
    Animals-maybe, but probably not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds interesting.

0|0
    0|0
  • no would be a sh*tty date

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah sounds good to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's pretty cute. Yeah, it could be quite fun.

0|0
    0|0
    • I tend to agree with you. I went on a second date with a woman where we spent time visiting an elderly woman who lost her leg to diabetes. I thought it was going to be a usual date, but it turned out to be much better than I ever expected.

• Would it get me laid? Then yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a first date but a 5th date might fit that

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes absolutely

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah indeed

0|0
    0|0
  • No I tried that. After putting animals to sleep washing sick disgusting dogs thst were half dying she looked pissed

0|0
    0|0
  • Animals? Yes. Humans? Fuck no

1|0
    0|2

Recommended myTakes