Men should play harder to get than women. Agree?

I think i am done being nice towards women while trying to impress one. Being nice doesn't work for me and a lot of guys trying to impress a girl. So we men should start playing harder to get. What ya think?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Playing hard to get will most likely just make her think that you are completely indifferent to her. Treat it as you would any other situation where there is something you want to get, but most likely have to put some effort and work into obtaining. You wouldn't just sit around and wait for a new job offer to fall into your lap if you wanted a new job, would you? You'd most likely go out and apply to all jobs that seemed interesting to you. Dating is no different, really - just usually a lot more frustrating. Good luck though!

1|1
    0|0
  • Change your mindset instead and adopt a win-win attitude. As you said it you wanted to impress so basically you were not genuinely nice, you had a plan.

1|1
    0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Yeah... no. But almost!
    Don't play hard to get. BE hard to get. There's a big difference.

How does one become that? By having actual standards and remain on the lookout for people crossing those disqualifiers. How hot someone is or how long your dating drought has been doesn't affect this in the slightest.

Example: You're with a woman and you're having a good time. Hell, it even seems like she's into you. But then she starts to smack talk her other friends who aren't present in nasty ways.

Oops, that was one of your deal breakers! You don't want anything much more to do with her. Alternatively, you call her out on her behavior, but then she has to win back your reluctant trust (if that's even possible, you aren't playing around).

Apart from the dealbreakers are the incompatibilities. They don't make you judge people negatively, but you are looking out for those too.
    "Oh she's into this thing which I'm absolutely not interested in. Unless there's something else, we're probably not going to work out"

Of course, paired with all of this. You have to think about what you yourself is able to bring to a relationship, but that's another chapter.

0|2
    1|0
  • What men should do is simple. Stop being desperate, stop being easy, stop simping, stop giving women stuff just because they are women... but this will never happen. Most men ares simps, performing monkeys, or a combination of both.

It's not so much about being nice, it's about being a pushover or a doormat, and not speaking your mind because you are trying to remain in her good books.

Men should start emulating what women do. Women make men work for it, are rarely desperate, guard their ego (they don't compliment men at the drop of a hat), and are not directly trying to impress men, or acting like performing monkeys.

Look at instagram, Youtube, and everywhere. If a woman puts a picture up men are all over them. Men are giving away non sexual, and sexual validation for free. Women don't do this. When was the last time a woman complimented you or any other man?

I have a zero compliments policy when it comes to women, unless there are special circumstances and guess what? I've been complimented by women many times. But the simps that call them beautiful, sexy, and worship them all day... don't get compliments.

By the way, I don't care either way, it's just an observation.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Being nice dosn't work at all.
    At least on me
    Try not trying! Like when a guy tries so hard, well it's not attractive. You may feel good, but you never really want the guy
    But when someone says they wanna be with you (and you do undrestand that they mean it) and they're behaving normal and not trying to impresss you in some stupid way, this is what is attractive
    What i'm trying to say is that if you wanna play, yes you need to play really hard
    But you can ditch that problem by simply not playing

2|3
    0|0
  • I don't necessarily think that they SHOULD play harder. They just tend to because most women don't put themselves out there for men, while most men do. So he would have to play harder to accomidate the fact that she isn't as motivated.

0|1
    0|0
  • Both men and women would have it easier if both just stopped playing these games.

3|3
    0|0
  • I don't think anyone should "play hard to get". If you like someone, fucking tell them.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

2|2
    0|0
  • How about everyone plays 'hard to get? We would have a world full of stubborn people
    oh wait..

3|2
    0|0
  • Being nice to a woman doesn’t mean she should automatically feel attracted to you.

5|1
    0|0
    • Having that ‘hey I was nice to you, now you have to date me’ mindset isn’t going to get you anywhere.

• So true. Love and relationships shouldn't be a transaction.

• Exactly.

• They’ll never chase men because they want more than just sex. If she did that she’d get used by every Tom, Dick and Harry. It’s a ridiculous idea. They already have a hard time trying to avoid being used as it is.

4|1
    0|5
    • The guys that give up mostly do only just want sex, so her strategy works. Smart.

• Show All
    • @Jager66 it never ceases to amaze me how some people waste precious time acting like such losers. So sad.

• but that's exactly what you are doing..

• Lol ok...

4|1
    0|7
  • lol okay you have fun with that.
    It will get lonelier.

5|1
    0|3

What Guys Said 31

• See this is your problem, you think that because you`re being nice and such you should receive special treatment or such... lol

Doesn`t quite work that way

2|1
    0|0
  • bro, you just need to get money, have a car, your own place, a solid job and a passion or hobby
    After you have those things, finding a woman will be easy

It doesn't work that way unfortunately, you play hard to get, but in reality, you won't be playing at all.

1|1
    0|0
  • no but they should definitely "be" harder to get than they are right now. like have some standards and not just jump at the first chance to sink their dick.

3|1
    0|0
  • I hate to say this, but my experience has been the less I care about being with a woman, the more likely it is she wants to be with me. Why women can't be more straightforward is beyond me

0|3
    0|0
  • I agree somewhat...
    Coz girls do really play hard to get, most of girls!

But somewhere i also think we shld stop these games, value ourself much than others. Stop wasting our time in these mind games!😝

1|1
    0|0
  • Just be real. Be honest. Girls see right through that "nice guy" crap because girls are way more aware of that kinda stuff than guys are. Don't be a player but don't be desperate.

1|1
    0|0
  • Dude if I played harder to get that would indicate girls actually liked me in the first place

0|2
    0|0
  • If we did then some women would realise that they have to work to get a relationship.

Some (not all) women rely to much on a man's desperation/ sexual high to get what they want.

0|1
    0|0
  • Snot work the reason women can is because as a whole more men approach women so she has options men don't have that luxury therefore playing hard to get will have u being alone

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Playing harder to get will only make it harder for men to meet an woman. That is an woman's game. Expect to be lonely.

1|1
    0|0
  • Its hard for a girl to get me l am special l will never give up on the one girl l more than wish to have in my life as l dont just want sex l wish to have all of the girl l am not a player

0|1
    0|0
  • You just sounds like a cuck who has nothing to offer. You gotta beable to offer something if you want to have people asking for it.

1|1
    0|1
  • It sounds nice but in practice happens rarely. Human nature of females is to be the chaseee and for males to be the purseer.

0|1
    0|0
  • its up to the individual how they act around the opposite sex. you have your way and other dont. im not going to suggest we legislate and the simple fact is there are no rules

0|0
    0|0
  • But most women don't chase so they won't be pursuing you anyway.

1|1
    0|0
  • We couldn't possibly do that because we are not built to be hard to get.

0|0
    0|0
  • haha girls are like NOOOOO DON'T TAKE AWAY MUH FREE DICK

0|1
    0|0
  • no, women should play harder They have the Ass, the Tits, the legs and the lips

0|1
    0|0
  • its a game. as they say, but at what stage do you say, enough.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, playing games only complexifies the already complex dating scene. Just be honest and do how you feel.

0|0
    0|0
  • No one should play hard to get.

0|2
    0|0
  • But no one's chasing us to begin with 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • Give up on women.

0|1
    0|0
  • no one should be playing games.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes..

0|1
    0|0
  • agree

0|1
    0|0
  • Just forget about this

0|0
    0|0
  • no playing is for children.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Sort of. I think you just simply be hard to get, have higher standards. Don't put up with bullshit. Draw hard lines and ditch her if she crosses them. It's not ideal in the short term as women are going to be shitty about it and are just going to keep going with their expectations and will pull away expecting you to cave. If you don't, if we all don't, there's opportunity for some real lasting appreciation.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think men are already paying hard enough but we still get "you're not treating us properly anymore" from SOME girls.

0|1
    0|0
    • Oh playing. I thought paying.. no comment

• Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes