How important is physical beauty for most men?

I'm just wondering if physical beauty is more important to most men. It seems like nowadays men (or at least the guys I've dated) would rather chase after an Instagram looking model or hot girls than the average/normal pretty next door type of girl who has the world to offer. I've even heard my guy friend say that every guy wants the baddest chick and rate's women on a scale 1-10 on how hot they are, which seems really superficial. It sounds like beauty supercedes inner beauty and intellect and that your worth depends on how physically attractive you are.
What are your thoughts? Thanks :-)

3192

Most Helpful Guys

• Where are all these girls dating unattractive guys that are full of 'inner beaut?'

Show me pics of your gfs with their bfs and how much looks don't play the dominant part of their selection process.

Look at the guys getting the most girls... do you really think it is their inner beauty is what makes them popular?

Girls may not choose the hottest guy they can get, but they don't date far down from him.

Show pics of all the boyfriends your girlfriends are dating who are significantly less attractive than the girls. I don't think inner beauty coincidently just happens to be contained in the beautiful people.

90% of your female friends are dating guys who are their equal in looks.

Just because a girl chooses a guy she has a good connection with doesn't mean looks aren't the primary deciding factor. She just chooses among a group of guys near equal to her looks and picks the one with "inner beauty."

She doesn't just blindly look for inner beauty in men first and then accepts whatever he happens to look like.

No she choose inner beauty from a selection of guys who she already finds attractive.

Dating apps are all about looks... you don't read their profile first and then look at their looks. You look at their looks and then and ONLY THEN do you look at their profile.

For BOTH men and women looks matter more than any other factor. They just matter a little more to the average man.

When looks matter most to both men and women, just because the woman will SOMETIMES look for more 'value' in a guy AFTER accepting his looks, doesn't make her any less superficial because she doesn't look into WHO he us until he gets past her superficial LOOKS filter first.

What he looks like, what he does for a living, how much money he makes, how tall he is etc etc. etc. It is ALL superficial.

A guy can have all the inner beauty in the world and a girl can still not feel and sparks. Inner beauty does not create heat, passion or sparks. A girl can't make herself feel attraction to inner beauty. He can have all the inner beauty in the world and she will feel zero passion inspired by his inner beauty... even if he spends his days saving drowning puppies and feeding the homeless.

None of that can compete with a hot guy (who isn't a complete dick) looking at you from across the room with a look in his eyes that says he knows exactly what he is going to do to you to make your toes curl. Even though he didn't save a single puppy today.

Big generalization but you get my point.

• Looks are not important as girls usually assume they are and guys will anyhow almost always settle for someone who is less than their view of what perfect would be.

Most Helpful Girls

• Most men would actually get into a relationship with an average looking girl with nice personality. It's enough for them that they are kinda attracted.
    But they will still be jerking off to some 10/10 fake sluts from porn or instagram, and I honestly hate them for that.

• For most men it's 95% looks and 5% other stuff.

They think that they like smart women and all but it ain't so true. I have seen my male friends saying stuff like "oh I want her to have good personality and be intelligent" but what they end up being with in 80% of cases is a conventionally attractive woman with very mediocre personality and intelligence. They think that she's "really smart" but it ain't really true

• Lol you're getting downvoted for speaking the truth. Men just dont want to admit to doing this.

• It, s called hypergamy

• Thanks for mho