Would you go on a first date with someone that does not meet all of your dating criteria but is still an interesting person? If not, why not?

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It would depend if the ones they didn't meet were important ones! I wouldn't want to waste someone's time if I knew they definitely weren't for me!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I would. We all have flaws. Time will say if his flaws are deal breakers or not. On my book, an interesting person is always worth a chance.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• While the goal of dating is to meet someone for marriage, I still see it as an opportunity to learn. I would go out on a date with someone who didn't click all my boxes because I know that people change and my boxes may change in the future. What was important to me 20 years ago is less critical these days and other qualities have replaced the must haves. While it's likely not to be a love connection, often those encounters allow the other person to give real and honest feedback, tell me something I haven't considered as a weakness that I could then work on to improve myself.

0|1
    0|0
    • I don't personally see the endgame as marriage, rather a girlfriend, and the standards for a girlfriend for me are lower than for a wife.

I very much agree with the value of feedback on a date, in addition to simply enjoying the company as well as requirements changing over time- those are excellent points.

• Yes, we have different life goals. If I didn't want a wife I may never strive for a long-term relationship again and be happy dating women for the rest of my life. But I do want to marry someone and raise a family, it's on my bucket list. So I see every first date as possibly the last first date of my life. But I also see your point about relaxing and having a girlfriend and certainly I am in no hurry.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• I don't think anyone or anything will ever perfectly match your criteria, it's more of who comes the closet to ideal

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, as long as he looks interesting or he makes me feel that he is an interesting person why not? Also, some couples didn't expect that the guy or girl they are dating or married is the exact opposite of their preferences or dating criteria.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course. I have my own preferences but it doesn't mean that I don't believe that I wouldn't find a good person beyond that.

0|1
    0|0
    • You're 17... have you even made it through high school yet? Don't give an opinion on what you don't know.. i think that your mom is calling you... curfew time... go home idiot

• @daveye67: A 17 year old is plenty old enough to have an opinion on dating.

• @daveye67 yeah I'm 17 and haven't finished high school yet, and there is nothing wrong with it. But there is everything wrong with a 51 year old sounding that level of ignorant.

• It depends on the criteria. To me it would be a no if the person has negative views towards my religion. Other than that I guess it wouldn't hurt to go on a date.

0|1
    0|1
  • Not sure, i think it'll depend on the criteria. If we don't share the same core values then it's better that we stay friends.

1|1
    0|0
    • You're 21 years old.. you don't have a clue about true relationships.. all you know about is clubbing and fucking every guy that gets your pussy lips tingling..

• I'm blocking you. You've been nothing but creepy

• i disagree with this. based on my experience, every person has own set of preference, its because we have personalities and trait. once you removed all those reference. you lower all your reference. and looking for a partner is not like this. we have expectation. Because thats how we treat ourselves. if that person doesn't treat you the way you wanted. we will feel more disappointed. the only people who could understand us. is the one who knows how to treat us. and they know how to make us feel best.

all i could advice is, we found friends who knows us better, what more in finding a relationship whom we could get along

0|1
    0|0
  • Just as long as that guy is a great guy and not a guy who just uses you or is just treating you badly

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe... depends on how much I am interested.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on which ones they don't meet.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I’m up to new adventures

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure. You never know what might happen

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes!

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe, but there will not be a second date

0|1
    0|0
  • It is a desperate move

1|1
    0|1

What Guys Said 18

• I do not have that many criteria, but those I do have, I am quite serious about.

She has to be a non-smoker and at least thinks about having children at some point of her life.

Smokers are just horrible to kiss and I want to become a Dad some time in the future. Dating someone who conflicts with one of these two criteria would be pointless and a waste of time to both me and her.

0|1
    0|0
  • Going on a date doesn`t always have to lead to something.

So yeah, i still would, for just having a good time`s sake and still getting to know the person a bit

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on your criteria. If its quote generic and someone dosent meet it, then probably not. If if was very specific, then if someone met 95%, it would be worth meeting them see how you get along

0|1
    0|0
  • No, because my criteria is just basic necessities to having a future together. If they don't meet them, then there's no way it would work. They're easy to meet.

0|1
    0|0
  • Exepted for some deal breaker criterias ( fatness, kids...) , I really accept a "non 100% matching" date. because you can't be to pity and complain you're single.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.
    You never know. Might have more fun or a better conversation with some one I'm actually listening to. All those alterier motives floating around in my head.
    Thanks.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most of my criteria are deal-breakers. Past cheating, smoking, drinking, drug use, stuff like that.

0|2
    0|0
  • It's shallow people like you that have completely fucked up the natural cycle of dating by putting rules on it

0|1
    0|0
  • As long as we share the same values and she is reasonably attractive, yeah

0|2
    0|0
  • Of course
    Cannot expect another person to tick all boxes and it is silly hold out for one who does

0|1
    0|0
  • It's like a job posting. It's just ideal wish list and general guideline

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I'm not an asshole with my standards. You could probably guess most of my deal breakers

0|1
    0|0
  • As long as she's female, not obnoxious, and doesn't stink I would give her a chance.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I'd

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. Preferences aren't rules.

0|1
    0|0
  • I married her.

0|1
    0|0
  • keeping an open mind thats how to look at it