Would you go on a first date with someone that does not meet all of your dating criteria but is still an interesting person? If not, why not?

1620

Most Helpful Girls

• It would depend if the ones they didn't meet were important ones! I wouldn't want to waste someone's time if I knew they definitely weren't for me!

• Yes, I would. We all have flaws. Time will say if his flaws are deal breakers or not. On my book, an interesting person is always worth a chance.

Most Helpful Guys

• While the goal of dating is to meet someone for marriage, I still see it as an opportunity to learn. I would go out on a date with someone who didn't click all my boxes because I know that people change and my boxes may change in the future. What was important to me 20 years ago is less critical these days and other qualities have replaced the must haves. While it's likely not to be a love connection, often those encounters allow the other person to give real and honest feedback, tell me something I haven't considered as a weakness that I could then work on to improve myself.

• I don't personally see the endgame as marriage, rather a girlfriend, and the standards for a girlfriend for me are lower than for a wife.

I very much agree with the value of feedback on a date, in addition to simply enjoying the company as well as requirements changing over time- those are excellent points.

• Yes, we have different life goals. If I didn't want a wife I may never strive for a long-term relationship again and be happy dating women for the rest of my life. But I do want to marry someone and raise a family, it's on my bucket list. So I see every first date as possibly the last first date of my life. But I also see your point about relaxing and having a girlfriend and certainly I am in no hurry.