Does anyone else think men's preferences are more varied?

People always say that its men who go after the same woman when it comes to looks. But I think this applies more to women.

Its women who all pursue the same man. 6ft or taller, blue eyes, wide jaw, strong chin, wide shoulders, large frame, full head of hair. I mean there, I just described the ideal man of 90% of women.

With men its more varied. You can find just as many men who like small boobs as you can men who like larger ones. You're not going to find just as many women who likes short guys as tall guys.

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so. I think woman's preferences are more varied. I see girls gushing over guys I think are terribly ugly and I've gushed over guys my friends thought were terribly ugly.

1|1
    0|1
    • Are any of these guys short, balding, narrow framed, have weak chins?

• well the reason I thought they were ugly was because other than their height and their fit bodies - they had nothing going on - their faces were weird, their disposition was weird, their clothes were weird. I've liked many short guys cause they were intelligent and had nice faces. I've even been crazy about very short guys that were shorter than me cause I liked them in other ways.

Most Helpful Guys

• I certainly have preferences regarding various physical attributes, but if you lined up the women I've dated and looked at them you'd have a really hard time figuring out what they are because it's not primarily physical features that attract me to a woman so I've dated women with a variety of physical features.

You'd probably find more in common with their personality than with their physical features.

0|0
    0|0
  • From my understanding, younger women, by majority, will go for the same type of guy where younger men's preference, by majority, is more varied and this flips with age where (single) older women will go for a wider variation as looks/size/whatever are no longer everything but (single) older guys are more narrowed in their likes (imo because they have gotten used to being single and don't care about the relationship actually working). I guess it heavily depends on where a person is in life, what society is like, and what they personally want. Overall guys are probably just as varied as girls and vice versa.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• The only thing I personally want out of the things you listed is hair. Good hair can really make or break attraction for me. But yeah, the rest I don’t have a preference on or don’t care anything about.

0|0
    0|0
  • To be fair, I would like my 6 feet, wide jaw man to have light brown eyes. Does that count?

No, but really. I have been attracted to someone who was my height (and I'm barely 5'3). It's also repeating on itself. I'm finding a short guy attractive because he has a good opinion on equality and it's a very intelligent man. Simple as that.

But I never encountered a man who wouldn't want the thinest, most caked on makeup girl of them all.

0|0
    0|0
    • I strongly disagree. There are men who like thin women, there are men who like very curvy, voluptuous women, and there are men who like in between. Its a pretty even distribution.
      Its something women don't seem to realize, but for every guy you can find that likes large boobs you can find a guy who likes small boobs.
      That's why if you're a girl you have a lot of options.

But there are very few girls who would take a short man over a tall man. There are very few girls who would take a bald man over a man with a full head of hair.

If you're a man who's short, bald, with a narrow frame and weak chin, you're screwed

• I think in both cases we're talking about people able to see outside of their little box. That's not easy to find.

• The two are not comparable by any means.

• Lol you didn't describe my ideal man.

1|1
    0|0
    • I am pretty close though
      Or do you prefer a short, bald man with a weak chin?

• Show All
    • Let me guess, height and hair, the two most important qualities

• I wouldn't say 5'8 is considered tall and yes he does have hair.

What Guys Said 13

• I would say this differs largely with age. Speaking from my experience only, I have seen many women and men who do pretty much what you have stated in their twenties only to chill out, and realize that there is far more to look for after they have played the field a bit. These same people in their thirties and 40's take a much more varried point of view. I am not describing settling though. They're interests have simply developed further.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your wrong. Look at the gender attraction differential. "types" are much more important for women than it is for men. And very few men are considered avergae among all women because of this. Within the standard deviation of women. Men are ranked to them ± up to 35% while men rank women ±6%. Based off of looks alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my area from what I've witnessed, men have the most varied preferences. I see men who would prefer more different traits in a woman than a woman would in a man. But I guess a sample size of 200 is not a lot go by.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think men are all attracted to the same stereotypical model, but ultimately they'll be happy with someone more modest and genuine despite the compromise in appearance.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"! I don't know who coined this phrase but this true. Google would probably know. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I disagree... girls who hang out together are attracted to very different men.

0|0
    0|0
  • i'd say the "ideal" partner is less varied than what everybody goes for irl. the idea of "the perfect specimen of the other gender" is less subjective than "what you would personally go for"

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know what you are on about dude. It's probably pretty equal

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah you are right
    my female friends preference: tall, dark hair, tanned, fit, defined wide jaw, dark eyes. Every single girl i know says the same.

my male friends: some prefer superskinny, some average, some chubby, some prefer tall some other short, my best male friend prefers blondes while i like dark haired girls , some guys prefer redheads with that innocent look, some prefer instagram model look while other the girl next door etc etc so many varieties when it comes to this.

i think its because women tend to sometimes not to think for themselves but rather what society tells them to do while we men are more rebellious and we dont care who and what will think of us.
    my opinion anyways.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think people in general are different. Some people like vanilla some people likes chocolate..

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls want tall ugly guys. Guys want short pretty girls with big boobs

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup i believe so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I think it is about the same.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes