Would you say that intelligent people care less about looks and are more likely to stay faithful to one person?

The reason I ask is cause if you look at Mark Zuckerberg - he could have dated any woman he wanted and he chose one who was average looking

Also Jeff Bezos - he could have married a hotter woman but he wanted a brainer and not just a looker - she looks good now that her husband is a billionaire but at the time of her marriage she was just plain looking

And if you think of Bill Gates - his wife is almost obese - Bill Gates has never cheated on her or divorced her or forced her to lose more weight

Will Smith's wife is pretty but Will Smith could have cheated on him. He is super intelligent. It's said he got an extremely high mark on his SAT's.

Donald Trump married Melania for her looks but Donald Trump inherited over 200,000,000 dollars from his father which he invested to make his current net worth. He inherited money - was not self made like Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes and No

One thing you have to keep in mind about humans is that, statistically, majority of us are dumb. Dumb people make dumb choices most of the time, the keyword here is “most”.

There are times when an intelligent man will go for a beautiful woman instead of a smart woman and times when a dumb guy will go for a smart woman, they do this because this is what they want.

In most cases, an intelligent man will go for an intelligent woman (who's not too bad looking mind you) because of the intellectual stimulation she provides but a dumb man will go for a beautiful woman because, well, she's beautiful and she can provide a level of intellectual stimulation he's comfortable with.

People are people, and some people will go for a beautiful or smart woman for the strangest reasons. In some parts of my culture for example, smart women are less desirable because they're smart and even fairly intelligent people believe this.

So your answer is yes and no.

Note that, I use “dumb” here as a stand-in for “not so intelligent”.

0|0
    0|0
  • Melania is actually a very intelligent woman.

Intelligent may also mean "high future time orientation" for the most part, but I have also seen some very book smart people choose poorly in relationships because someone just happened to be accessible to them.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Definitely. Haven't you asked a lot of this questions yourself? Intelligent people thinks really different. They're usually not impressed and do not follow others like sheeps. So obviously what works for everyone in looks's department doesn't work for them.

Their brain is wired different.

0|1
    0|1
  • Yes, not wanting to say anything bad about anyone but I have noticed that more couples where they seem a little less smart than most seem to break up all the time. They have big arguments where the whole neighbourhood can hear. Like their lives are one big episode of EastEnders.
    I've also noticed my boyfriend, who is extremely smart... he builds computers and can do large math sums, and a whole list of other things that constantly impress me. But he is very faithful, he would stand by me no matter what and he is extremely committed to the relationship.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• I think there's some dumb people out there that have a heart of gold and would never cheat. And there's very smart people out there that would and may cheat if they are smart enough to get away with it.

The only thing I could say is that intelligent people have a bit harder trying to find a partner and therefore *might* be more likely to be loyal, if they understood how hard it was to find a partner.

1|0
    0|0
  • Intelligent people need an intelligent partner to be able yo keep them stimulated. Have you ever dated someone dumb? It's painful

5|1
    0|1
  • wow, lets divide the answer in at least 2. 1st of all, despite the general belief men are less critic on that, slim young 7 is absolutely capable to be a 10in 1s eyes. 2nd of all, she might have a low body count, thats a very highly valued trait still, better pairbounding better perception etc. he chose wisely to have real partnership, no bullshit, thats all.

0|0
    0|0
  • EQ and not IQ*

but then again IQ doesn't signify intelligence.

It depends upon the collective quality ( Integrity ) rather than intelligence*

0|0
    0|0
  • I doubt that there's a connection between the two. Its probably more of person thing than intelligence thing

0|1
    0|0
  • Hmm. Intelligent people tend to date people with degrees equal or great then theirs. I know. I date one with master and we just dated once. That’s it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually, yes. I consider myself intelligent and most of the people I know back that up, and I certainly want meaningful engaging not some decorative woman

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes intelligent people care much about being a faithful person as compared to looks.
    It doesn't mean that they completely ignore their looks.

0|0
    0|1
  • Judging by those and me (I'd say I count as intelligent), yes

0|0
    0|1
  • No. It matters more of character and integrity than it does of intelligence.

0|1
    0|0
  • Will Smith has actually been with many women including Karrine Steffans and Margot Robbie.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah they look for more than just what they see on the outside.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, that's part of what makes them intelligent.

0|0
    0|1
  • I think that is true.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah honestly

0|0
    0|0
  • Donald Trump inherited $1,000,000 not that horrendous amount you said. Lol. The rest of it he got himself through being a business man.

But to get on to the subject, I think looks are very subjective, and when you get to know them better it probably adds a new light to them as well. Personality is key in my opinion.

0|1
    0|0
    • Just to add a little tidbit, the other reports about how Donald Trump got more than that are allegations and conjecture.

• Zuckerberg, Gates and Bezos are small men and nerds, not that physically attractive. They are smart enough to know the hotter women would've been just gold diggers and probably cheated on them. I do think that intelligent people are less likely to cheat. They think more with their brain than with their dick.

0|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• No I wouldn't Ms. Bloom but I'm wrong a lot 😀

0|1
    0|0
  • I think an intelligent person would be confused by the question. caring about looks and staying faithful to one person have no connection. If you love the person and hope or intend to them to remain in your life and be a part of your future... it would be intelligent to stay faithful.
    If you care about looks and are intelligent, you would probably be dating someone you happen to find attractive..

0|0
    0|0
  • They indeed care less about looks because they understand looks are not that important. But I don't think being faithful has much to do with intelligence. It has more to do with being a good person. You can be smart and still be selfish, inconsiderate, etc.

0|0
    0|1
  • Well.. men also need intellectual stimulation. Even a normal man, will see a pretty dumb woman more like a sex doll or a cum bucket than a partner. It’s not just about look or intelligence but also about chemistry. I have seen a lot of couples where the level of succès, look and intelligence was very different between the partners but that didn’t stopped them to be very fusional.

0|0
    0|0
    • by the way, you can say whatever you want about trump you can’t deny the fact that the way he invested his money was pretty smart. I like bus politic because he’s logical and honest. He also married Melania for her look, but being an elegant First Lady like her also require a good way of thinking and a kind of intelligence. Yes, he was very lucky, but there are men that were a way more luckier than him that didn’t achieved 10% of what he have done. Like being a president LOL

• *i like his politic

• Trump would be far wealthier if he had just taken what he was given and invested it in a market index mutual fund.

• People usually end up pairing up with people of equal intellect and attractiveness. I would say all the couples on the list are equally attractive as their partners and equally and probably similar level of intellect.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily, cos the more intelligent someone is, the more manipulative they can be. Narcissists & psychopaths are usually highly intelligent.

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone hook me up with Elon Musk please.

0|1
    0|0
  • Bill gates wife is almost obese? Wow

0|0
    0|0
  • They picked supportive women who deal with their mood swing. Those men cheat but their women know what they want.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, intelligent people and really intelligent people is what i mean are looking for someone for long term someone who will commit a strong relationship with looks have little importants

0|0
    0|0
  • Being smart and beautiful is possible too. But yes smart people give less of a crap how they look to everyone and do not care what others think as much as the average lame person who is always insecure as hell.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes