Would you say that intelligent people care less about looks and are more likely to stay faithful to one person?

The reason I ask is cause if you look at Mark Zuckerberg - he could have dated any woman he wanted and he chose one who was average looking

Also Jeff Bezos - he could have married a hotter woman but he wanted a brainer and not just a looker - she looks good now that her husband is a billionaire but at the time of her marriage she was just plain looking

And if you think of Bill Gates - his wife is almost obese - Bill Gates has never cheated on her or divorced her or forced her to lose more weight

Will Smith's wife is pretty but Will Smith could have cheated on him. He is super intelligent. It's said he got an extremely high mark on his SAT's.

Donald Trump married Melania for her looks but Donald Trump inherited over 200,000,000 dollars from his father which he invested to make his current net worth. He inherited money - was not self made like Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg.

1321

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes and No

One thing you have to keep in mind about humans is that, statistically, majority of us are dumb. Dumb people make dumb choices most of the time, the keyword here is “most”.

There are times when an intelligent man will go for a beautiful woman instead of a smart woman and times when a dumb guy will go for a smart woman, they do this because this is what they want.

In most cases, an intelligent man will go for an intelligent woman (who's not too bad looking mind you) because of the intellectual stimulation she provides but a dumb man will go for a beautiful woman because, well, she's beautiful and she can provide a level of intellectual stimulation he's comfortable with.

People are people, and some people will go for a beautiful or smart woman for the strangest reasons. In some parts of my culture for example, smart women are less desirable because they're smart and even fairly intelligent people believe this.

So your answer is yes and no.

Note that, I use “dumb” here as a stand-in for “not so intelligent”.

• Melania is actually a very intelligent woman.

Intelligent may also mean "high future time orientation" for the most part, but I have also seen some very book smart people choose poorly in relationships because someone just happened to be accessible to them.

Most Helpful Girls

• Definitely. Haven't you asked a lot of this questions yourself? Intelligent people thinks really different. They're usually not impressed and do not follow others like sheeps. So obviously what works for everyone in looks's department doesn't work for them.

Their brain is wired different.

• Yes, not wanting to say anything bad about anyone but I have noticed that more couples where they seem a little less smart than most seem to break up all the time. They have big arguments where the whole neighbourhood can hear. Like their lives are one big episode of EastEnders.
    I've also noticed my boyfriend, who is extremely smart... he builds computers and can do large math sums, and a whole list of other things that constantly impress me. But he is very faithful, he would stand by me no matter what and he is extremely committed to the relationship.