Is no communication before a date a strong signal that the person isn’t looking for something serious?

Murmug
So I’ve recently come across this trend with guys in online dating. We will chat online exchange numbers and it’s like pulling teeth to get the guy to call once just to see if we can hold a convo. After the convo he will usually ask me out and we plan a date day a week out. During that time leading up to the date he may text once or twice but most of the time it’s radio silence!! I don’t expect an all day chatting marathon but some interest would be nice. I feel like I’m just taking a number and waiting. I’ve also noticed the men that were more sincere tend to call and text a lot leading up to a date. My question is should I write these non communicado guys off if I’m looking for something serious? by the way I’m 35 and this seems to be a problem with men all the way into their 50’s as well.
2
1