Should everyone who knowingly gives somebody else an STD go to jail?

Should everyone who knowingly gives somebody else an STD go to jail?
  • YES
    Vote A
  • NO
    Vote B
  • Only an STD that has no cure
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Please monitor any replies to my opinion and delete my comment if it gets flooded with negativity.
    I agreed to have sex with a guy but but when it came to having sex he refused to put on a condom and he wouldn't let me leave. This is when consent turned into to rape and I found out why he did what he did to me 5 days later, he gave me herpes.
    Some people get really spiteful towards the opposite sex when it comes to getting an std, I've seen the anger first hand in the job that I have.
    I hand on my heart have never had sex with a man without telling him about my herpes because everyone deserves a choice and I had my choice taken away from me.
    New born babies can die from herpes if they contract it from their mother during birth so I had to take viral suppressants coming close to their due dates.

2|3
    1|0
    • 7d

This is so sad 😞☹️ he shouldn't have did that to you.

• Show All
    • 7d

Yep and yea that’s why you have to be wary of everything. He had that hidden agenda from the start.

• 7d

@Athena374 that he did.

Most Helpful Guys

• Absolutely. And people who knowingly give people; strep, the flu, chicken pox, tuberculosis, or any other easily spreadable pathogens. Better not go to work sick or you're going to go to jail...

Now I hope u see how stupid that is.

0|1
    1|0
    • 7d

There is nothing on record of a person being able to knowingly give somebody the flu like someone giving AIDS through having sex. But hey.. thanks for the awesome comment 6%.

• Show All
    • 6d

Lol are u trying to have a big dick contest with our % of MHO? Okay well you lost there too because that's damn stupid and childish of you 47.

• 6d

Thanks for the comments.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 22

• How about stop having sex especially unprotected with random people you don't know well? We are supposed to be the smartest specie on this planet, but some still act like animals without self control.
    You know the risks when you do it. Also, how do you prove the other person knew?

2|3
    0|1
    • 7d

Anyway, if you can prove they did it on purpose but you didn't know about it, then yes, they should go to jail.
      It's like you'd put your trust into a doctor and you'd end up with something worse.

• Show All
    • 7d

I already talked about intentionally giving it... my point was that people should be more cautious... in case you still don't get it. I never said you can't get it from someone you know, but you risk it a lot more with strangers as you have fewer chances of finding about it.

• Absolutely espicially the kind that can not be gotten rid of with medicine like hiv/aids.
    Somebody who knowingly gives a person an STD depending on the STD is basically committing an assault, even murder. A person like that should be locked up and quarantined for the rest of their natural life for the public's safety.

1|0
    0|0
  • If it's something fatal like aids they should at least get charged or something like that because it technically is manslaughter

2|3
    0|0
    • 7d

If they knowingly infect them with aids, isn't that straight up murder

• Show All
    • 7d

@itzlaura true as long as the giver was negligent.

• 6d

@spartan55 I think if you have been diagnosed with Aids/hiv already having sex with a person who is unaware you are infected is all the intent the law would require.

• Ofc. The person should make their partner aware of what diseases they're carrying. If u knowingly do it ur purposely hurting others. It should be a crime. And yes people have sex with strangers but its still that persons responsibility to tell them so they can make better decisions

1|1
    0|0
    • 14h

Really? Because if you have had sex you probably have HPV. And you have been spreading that shit like wildfire. Like 60-80 of the sexually active population has it. Nurses say you don't have to tell people unless you want to. Doesn't that put a little damper on your plan?

• Show All
    • 5h

There's almost no point in telling them. it's only going to cause a problem from something that's not needed. Sure I get what you're saying. But what happens if I knowingly have a cold and then I go into Target and sneeze in someone's general direction?

• 5h

@Partywithtom there is a point because if anything happens, no one can say you haven't made your partner aware

• Absolutely! Knowingly spreading disease should be criminal.

1|4
    0|0
  • Yes , I think they should if they know they had it. An knowing had sex with some you didn't know they had it.

1|3
    0|0
  • If you use protection and not screw anything that walks then you won't get an std to begin with. so no they shouldn't be jailed

0|3
    3|2
  • Yes, I guess depending on the STD and severity, depends how long they should get.

1|1
    0|0
  • How does one knowingly do that? If you have unprotected sex, just like getting pregnant isn't there a degree of chance you play with?

0|0
    0|3
    • 7d

It's a question down voter. Why not take the opportunity to educate rather than humiliate hmm?

• Show All
    • 4h

Good idea.

• 4h

But I don't know if strep can stop u from havin kiddlebiddles

• They CAN go to jail for that. It is illegal.

3|2
    0|0
  • Lol there was a time I was joking and said if I got aids I’d infect everyone I dislike with it, and fck boys, good guys I’d keep safe 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the STD in my opinion

2|2
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    1|2
  • Yeah

1|2
    0|0
  • I mean if its hiv then yea

1|2
    0|0
    • 7d

Today is the world aids day, and did you know that if someone is getting treatment for hiv for y months or more, they cannot transmit hiv sexually

• Yes
    That's horrible

2|1
    0|0
  • They do go to jail.

1|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    2|3
  • LOL there goes more than 80% of the population. That crap gets passed on through mosquitos, toilet seats, not keeping your hands clean before putting them down your pants...

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes all guys who knowingly gave someone an STD should go to jail.

0|1
    1|1
  • Just lock them up so they won't infect others with severe STDs

1|1
    0|0
    • 7d

Sorry, but did you know the stds are most common in jails as well?

• 7d

yes but they deserve a separate prison

What Guys Said 31

• Fuck yeah!!! If it's one that kills, that's just as bad as putting a gun to their head and pulling the trigger, it just takes a lot longer.

1|3
    0|0
  • If it were somehow possible to prove in court, then yes. But good luck with that. A good defense lawyer could get you acquitted for killing the judge in the courtroom.

1|0
    0|0
  • In theory it sounds good, but proving intent would be very difficult.

0|1
    0|0
  • Isn't that like saying you should go to jail for giving someone the flu?

0|1
    0|2
    • 7d

I don't believe somebody can intentionally give somebody the flu like they can AIDS. So the answer is NO.

• Show All
    • 7d

I disagree with that because if you're in the middle of a flu outbreak your knowingly giving it to someone if you go out in public.
      AIDS can be transmitted other ways such as needle sharing.

I understand where you're going with this question, however my vote is no. I think anyone who's ever tried on this charge could easily fight it on the basis of consistency with other diseases

• 7d

Okay thanks for the comments.

• I would say that knowingly giving someone an std is on the level of using your viruses as a biological weapon.

1|1
    0|0
  • It is the person's responsibility and choice to have sex and use protection, if (s) he doesn't then it their problem...
    If the other person sabotages the condom or whatever you are using, then it should be considered an offense...

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. They are potentially causing great harm to someone. In some cases one could argue that it's even a crime against humanity to spread disease willingly.

0|1
    1|0
  • No. This is not something that should involve law enforcement or government. People should take responsibility for their own sex lives.

0|0
    2|1
    • 7d

I'm pretty sure that intentionally infecting someone with any other disease is illegal so STDs aren't any different

• Show All
    • 7d

It is used in the same way as it being illegal to not wear a seatbelt. A driver cannot be arrested for it however it provides a reason for them to be pulled over so that they can be checked for actual crimes, i. e drunk driving, possession of an illegal weapon, possession of drugs etc.

• 7d

@fuzzylamba "It generally refers to threatening speach such as "I will come to your house and murder you".."
      Really? So what about the case of Chelsea Russell? A teenager who posted some Snoop Dogg lyrics on her facebook page as a tribute to her friend who was killed in an accident. Because the rap lyrics contained the 'n word', as many rap songs do, she was arrested and prosecuted for hate speech. So tell me is that an exaggeration or did it actually happen in the UK? Do you think what happened to that teenage girl was unfair or is that they type of "society with morals" that you like?
      Also I'm not exaggerating about the UK's dystopian laws, it is English people themselves who are complaining about this:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBEAu--7tdU

• Criminalization and punitive practices never work, and have never worked ever.
    Why dont you put a person who gave you flu to the jail or the hospital who gave you antibiotic resistant bugs to the jail, or someone who gave you tuberculosis to the jail or a mining factory that gave you cancer to the jail

0|0
    1|0
    • 7d

Because these are not given intentionally. Intentionally spreading disease should be and I think is a crime

• 6d

Why not give people free reign to do whatever harm they wish to do to other people too?

• In New York City you can go to jail a long time for that

0|3
    0|0
  • There should be some repercussion, yes. I think the severity of the repercussion depends on the specifics of the STD, namely, how treatable it is

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe so. You are basically ruining someones life in some cases personally I've never had an std or knew anyone who has.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes. However, it's difficult to prove they know it - unless you were there when they were told or someone was there when the person was told - like a doctor or nurse.

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

Whats up Chris? Yes you are right but when somebody gets a test done and there is a smoking gun called a record than they are toast. Other than that you would need testimony from others that know he or she has the STD which would than prove he or she knowingly transmitted it

• 7d

Not much, @coachTanthony. Correct. However, there's such a thing called patient/doctor confidentiality. Unless you were a law enforcement officer with a warrant/court order for the results or maybe the spouse of the person in question, there's no way you would find out. You would have to find out which doctor the person went to - if they went to one.

• 7d

You would definitely leave it up to cops to find that out. STDs suck but proving someone gave them to you is worse lol

• Yes, you should always tell someone if you have had or have stds

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes dey should go to jail but i guess this thing could be misused how will a person prove dat he or she got STD from a specific person

0|0
    0|0
  • if its a life threatening std then yes sure. if its not then depends on the case.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cure or not. You ARE affecting their life in a major way.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|3
    0|0
  • seems despicable.

0|3
    0|0
  • No..

0|1
    1|2
    • 7d

Why if they withheld that information? In MOST places it’s illegal

• 7d

@xButterflyKisses87x he's only saying that... he wouldn't be saying no if someone gave him an STD. That's why I stay away from guys an just keep to my self. Just go to work and go home an play my video games.

• Knowingly transmitting STDs is a crime in UK

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they should

0|1
    0|0
  • you can also sue them if you can prove it

0|1
    0|0
  • No, let's just kill them

0|1
    0|0