What dose he mean by saying he likes me but he has no time for anything serious?

so, i have been seeing this guy for a pat 5 months almost, we met on dating apps, and through this past 5 months, we almost texts every day or every two days. and hang out mostly 10 times but after the second date, all at my place, Netflix and chill date! i know we are not serious and never brought it up what we are, however, we never talked about dating other people or in general seeing other people, but sometimes i felt he was covering up for it. so the other day, I texted him and i said, "I know we are not serious and we are just hooking up. and I don't care who you date, you are free to do whatever you want, i don't care, you don't need to cover up , you can be honest with me, if you are seeing other people". he responds with, "thanks for being open and honest with me, I care and i like you. i know we are just hooking up and i am glad you are ok with it, i don't have time for anything else right now but i want you to know I have not and i am not seeing anybody else" however since this text he hasn't responded or text me back yet. what do you think it is in his mind

01