Does he have a right to be mad?

So when my best friend and I were in the talking phase of our relation. I told him I hadn't seen any exes this year and if I do talk it is to lead them on. He was hesitant.
One day he was looking at my phone and saw msgs between me and a friends with benefits.
- He saw we met up a month before and kissed
- He saw we sexted eachother a week before
- He saw we had a convo with one another after I told him we were done
He was really pissed
- I told him I genuinely forgot about meeting the ex
- The sexting wasn't really sexting and I didn't think much
- I didn't think much of our recent convo
I then blocked the friends with benefits for him
- He is also mad cause he found out the friends with benefits is my favorite cousin's cousin/ another ex is my parent's godson/ another one is best friends with my sister. I blocked them all tho.

Does he have a reason to be mad?

03