It it okay for a girl to ask out a guy?

There's this guy (a family friend) that I like a lot. I've liked him for a while now. He is so sweet and has the greatest personality, exactly what I want in a guy. Our families had a BBQ and we all went swimming. I got cold so I got out. He handed me my towel and put it arou d my shoulders... he held me and kept me warm. Afterwards we sat together and he played with my hair. We don't talk over the phone, but he is hardly ever on his phone. So I don't know if he likes me or not. And also we don't really see each other often, but when we do we talk a lot. I don't know how to approach this situation, I really like him. I want to ask him out, but I'm afraid he's going to reject me. Is it okay for a girl to ask a guy out?
1d
I'm really shy l and don't know how to approach this situation. Any advice on how to do it?

2784

Most Helpful Guy

• It's perfectly fine to ask a guy out, and there's just way too much pressure on guys to do it in fear of rejection. However what you should do is make the first move and give an indication of your interest in him. Just send a casual text for coffee or a drink, to break the ice.

However, I'm slightly ol school so if he accepts your invitation and you have a good time suggest we should do it again and let him then ask you next time... if he does not oblige you have your answer and little damage is done, bearing in mind your family friends status.

Good luck