Is it okay for a 13 year old to be dating a 15 year old?

i’m 13 going on 14 in feb and really like this guy but he’s 15

38

What Guys Said 8

• I wouldn't let any of my kids date until they're 15, have discussed safe sex and other safety issues regarding relationships with me and I've met with the other kid's family to make sure we are all on the same sheet of music regarding the relationship.

In my opinion, you are too young.

• i don't think "dating" is a thing at that age. it's more like hanging out being "boyfriend and girlfriend" in a rather childish sense.

• I don't think so.
    First you are 12 and you are faking your age here.
    And second teenage isn't yet for dating...

• i guess it is?

• It's fine

• Yeah.

• hell yea

• it is ok if you like each other but be careful so some guy doesn't just use you for sex, unless you want that of course

What Girls Said 3

• i guess. y’all are both pretty small

• That’s completely fine. I know some of these people are being rude, but, when I was thirteen I dated a fifteen year old too. I think these people don’t understand that people are starting to date and find interests at younger ages now.

• I still consider that to be two children 'dating', and that is fine in my opinion. A 15 yo boy is probably still very immature, and if you're 13 or 14 you probably are too. No problem there.
    The only thing I find 'questionable' is when one of the two is most likely still has a childish personality while the other has a more "mature" mindset.