What are some rules you have about dating?

What are some rules you have about dating?

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Only one rule never kill the girl on the first date

1|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Please Be A Woman I don’t wanna go somewhere find out she a he.
    Don’t Be On Cell Phone Unless It Showing Photos, Good Conversation, Good Sense Of Humor, Also can’t have boyfriend/husband go on date few women find out there married not having that.

1|2
    0|0
  • I won't go back to the guy's place if I'm not interested in having sex with him...

It's just a bad idea.

1|3
    0|0
    • 3d

wise idea but not everyone is instantly trying to have sex with you when they invite you back to there place sometimes it's just so they can be somewhere they feel a bit more confident so then they can be the real them in stead of out and about somewhere that more be making there anxietys worse

• 3d

@kennyw87 I mean I NEED to be attracted to them, even for kissing. I'm not going to lead someone on like that.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• 1. Don't stab your date
    2. Don't vomit on the date
    3. Don't poison the date
    4. Don't be a cannibal
    5. Don't tell the date to commit suicide
    6. Don't amputate your legs while one a date
    7. Don't put a Barbary ape under the shirt of your date. It gets vicious
    8. Don't do Russian roulette with a gun during a date
    9. Don't punch a waiter person (if that person is there) in the face during the date
    10. Do stay alive

2|1
    0|0
  • I don't have a list of rules, but from the top of my head:

- Behave properly
    - Be honest
    - Be respectful
    - The one who invites pays
    - Be yourself
    - Sex on the first date is allowed

1|0
    0|0
  • Rules? No seeing other people. Commit or get lost.

Don't expect me to pay for everything. Share the bill.

I don't look for sex right away and if you do it's suspicious to me. A slight turn off and will make me cautious.

Don't wear revealing clothes, especially on dates. You're MY date, not for others to admire. It's my attention you want to draw, not others.

Cheap dining. I don't eat fancy or spend much.

0|0
    1|1
  • The two partners should understand each other deeply , rather than jumping into a relationship without having any clue about one another , and they both should tell about their past too

2|1
    0|0
  • No morons.
    Must be rational.
    Must be somewhat confident.
    Laughs at my dumb jokes and makes just as many dumb jokes as me.
    Not needy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I threw away my rule book a long time ago. I do hate people that seem more interested in what is happening on their cell-phone than the date though. I find that really annoying.

0|0
    0|0
  • No animals, no men, no one I would regret the morning after.

0|1
    0|0
  • No disrespect, no drugs or adiction involve, no higyne problem, no hidibg facts that should be known by a SO.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't be rude af. Be nice, yet be yourself, and do not lie.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Beliefs and values must be common---we must be compatible.
    2. She must not smoke, drink, or use drugs.
    3. Must dress appropriately and respectfully.
    4. Tattoos and body piercings are an instant dealbreaker.
    5. She must be a grown adult and born a female.
    6. Expressions of affection, if any, must come naturally (no pressure to do anything).
    7. She must be able to keep confidences.
    8. Any previous or present relationships must be already terminated before we date or all communication between us will be cancelled.
    9. There must be absolutely no use of profanity.
    10. Homosexuals, criminals, racists, and sexists are not welcome anywhere near me. The sight of any of these is an instant dealbreaker.
    11. She must be honest and forthcoming, especially about any major issues or obligations.
    12. Date (s) must be quiet and dignified and you cannot be "fashionably late".

1|0
    0|0
  • both should respect each other, and do their parts and responsibilities.

0|0
    0|0
  • They must be intelligent and hold conversation with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No holding hands till after marriage.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you like me, you have to like my dog more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol don’t get me started lol

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. No drugs
    2. No body piercings
    3. Not a trans

0|0
    0|0
  • No rules just like to know new things about gitls

1|0
    0|0
  • no drug n no racist

0|0
    0|0
  • None I just go with the flow and enjoy myself

0|0
    0|0
  • *sigh*

0|0
    0|0
  • dont really have any lol

0|0
    0|0
  • only one i remember is no means no

0|0
    0|0
  • a) 1st date should always be a 1 hour coffee at Starbucks. No longer than one hour, even if it went well. We arrive there in our own cars. If she doesn't let me walk her to her car, that's usually a bad sign. 1st date the main thing I am looking for is good conversation flow. If she spends a lot of time bitching about her work or life, that's a bad sign. I make sure not to touch her, but observe she taps me on the shoulder, elbow, or knee (it's a good sign if she does. I never tell her if I want to see her again or not; I see if she mentions future activities or not.

2) Second date is just dinner only. I will go in for a kiss on her lips at the end of the date. If she gives me the cheek, the only way I will go out with her on the third date is if she asks me out.

3) Third date on wards, meal + activity (such as bowling or whatever) - no movies or baseball games before the 4th date

4) Need at least 10 or 12 dates before agreeing to be boyfriend and girlfriend. Until then we both have the right to date or fuck whoever we want.

5) I will never initiate touching if I am dating her and she is not my girlfriend. If she is my girlfriend, I will be the one to initiate touching.

6) I will let her bring up the topic of sex.

7) If she says something stupid like "I never call guys. They call me." I am going to make a mental note of that and delete her. That's fine if you feel that way, but don't be stupid and actually say it aloud.

8) After 4 to 7 dates, I am going to expect her to call me up for a date every now and then. Otherwise, when it's time to choose a girlfriend from the women I am dating, she won't be on top of the list.

9) If she doesn't believe that a person should have abortion if they get pregnant out of wedlock, she is out.

10) If she often talks about her male friends, platonic or whatever, I don't want to hear that krap. That will make me less likely to ask her out again.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

forgot to mention one more thing.. if she is not letting me pick her from her home by the 3rd date, she is out also.. (exception would be if she says she has kids and doesn't want her kids to see me) ... and one other thing, I wouldn't want to meet her parents, until we have been boyfriend and girlfriend for at least 6 months

• 4d

lololol! Bro, you for real lol?

• 4d

@ArrowAndABow Yes, 100 percent real.

What Girls Said 14

• No sex until I get to know a guy for awhile. That tells me if he is into me or just looking for sex, as the guys who just want sex won't hang around long if you don't put out.

1|2
    0|0
  • Before accepting a first date:
    Needs to be physically attractive
    Needs to live a healthy lifestyle
    Needs to have some sort of drive in his/her life
    Needs to be able to carry a good conversation

Before accepting another date
    Previous dates needs to have gone well
    Needs to be intelligent
    Needs to be fun

Before sex
    Needs to have a good body
    Needs to be clean
    Needs to accept my hard limits

0|1
    0|0
  • You can set as many rules as you like, if you go on a date and like the guy the chances are the rule book will get ripped up and thrown away :)

1|3
    0|0
    • 4d

I have been on a date swearing that I was going to be pleasant and not overly flurttash. 1 hr later on her couch. Another time it took a while. It all depends. You're fooling yourself if you have 99 rules and a good night is not 1

• My dating rule is no contact with exes. Being completely honest and open with each other, that means, sharing each other's phones and social media passwords.

0|1
    0|0
  • he's gotta have a career, be intelligent, have his own place, his own car, attractive, protective and give me my space.

0|1
    0|0
  • The main rule is to respect one another. If the feeling is mutual, don’t ever play games. Dating games are twisted and toxic.

0|1
    0|0
  • he has to be a muslim

0|1
    0|0
  • lol tbh I don't know right now

1|1
    0|0
  • No, kissing until marriage

0|2
    0|1
  • I refuse to date someone I work with.

1|1
    0|0
  • DONT USE YOUR PHONE ON THE DATE !!

1|1
    0|0
  • You know me 😉

0|1
    0|0
  • He has to be interested in asking me questions about myself and partaking in a real conversation. You’d be surprised how many guys just want to talk about themselves.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't treat me bad because you read online that all women want a bad boy who ignores her.

Also I'm not into games, so don't play them when we first started dating. Be straight up with what you want.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes