Do women nowadys actually want love and understanding or they think they do?

During the time i worked to save for college and ever since enrolling into college till now, my experience (and my friends experiences whether be it a school or at work) with women has been almost the same, i tried different approaches, experminted and did a lot of reading here and there to understand more what i was going through and what was happening , and it all boils down to one simple fact : When you treat the girl you want as irrelevant and like any other girl, suddenly she wants you even more.

I work out, eat right and dress/smell good and i've been called cute all the way up to gorgrous (even though i never saw myself as gorgeous), iam laid back and cool and usually dont put much effort into getting women (even though i been out with plenty of women), cause the few times i actually did and began to open up emotionally the girl suddenly decided... " yeah, not gonna work out, we can be friends though", i can last months dating a girl and going out with her but once love or a little more interest (On my side) begins to develop she's quick to run away, luckily i dont love girls left and right lol... my friend had the same experience, when he gives close to no sh*t about women (Just enough to show he's approachable) they pretty much wanna bang him... which made me come to the conclusion that a lot of women think they want love, in reality they have mixed feelings about everything and only a select few actually desire actual love and affection and feel good when they guy they want shares the same values and feelings as them.

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes, in general, we want love, companionship, romance, sex, and deep relationships of meaning. It just takes some time to find the person that you click with.

Many women your age are casually dating here and there, and enjoying it, but they ultimately plan to settle down with someone they love.

I mean, of course there are women who are really NOT interested in serious relationships, just as there are some men who aren't.

But in general, I think women like being loved, and like being in love, and have that as an ultimate goal.

It's not unusual to have relationships that don't last when you're in your 20s. It takes time, wisdom and experience to really find the person who has that magic thing we call "chemistry".

0|0
    0|0
  • No.
    MEN think all they need is love and understanding. We want to be treated with respect but we don’t want you to be our slave. We dont want you to be a doormat. That only tells us that your self esteem is low and that’s frankly unattractive if we want you as a long term relationship.

1|0
    0|0
    • Also it’s easy to see through a guy’s BS/fakeness. So if you “act” like you’re great but really aren’t, then that’s also a turn-off

• Show All
    • as for girls upgrading... i met a few of those , sadly its true , not all of girls are like that but certainly a good number is.

• Exactly. You mind your own business because people hate desperation. Men included

Most Helpful Guys

• At the risk of oversimplifying this, we all want love and understanding. But would you rather have love and understanding from someone you look up to, or someone you pity?

What women want in men has been shaped over thousands of generations of sexual and natural selection.

Turns out that sometimes it works to be a really kind and loving dude (e. g. when raising a child, or when your wife needs emotional support), and other times, it works to be a bit of a sociopathic asshole (e. g. when your wife and child are threatened in whatever way: socially, financially, or physically. If your kid is being bullied at school, you have to (at the very least) be able to teach your kid how to stop that happening. Being a doormat won't cut it. If some unpleasant guy is bothering your wife, you need to be able to effectively protect her. Also, women tend to like guys who are dominant (or as a minimum take the lead) in bed. Not all women, but in my estimation, most.

0|0
    0|0
  • This isn't so much a gender thing, but a consciousness thing. Most people in general are living as if they are purely physical beings, and are out of touch of what they are on a deeper level. It's like a ray of sunshine forgetting the sun exists...

This is why the ego becomes the most dominant factor, and it's why women respond to indifference, nonchalant behavior and lack of love. It's possible that with women being more emotional, they are slightly more susceptible to the influence of the ego though.

If you know what you are, then it's likely the juice is not worth the squeeze.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• Not all the women nowadays want love, some want just sex or money. It’s hard to find a ‘true love’ .. a reciprocal one lol

1|5
    0|0
  • I think the key aspect would be that everyone wants to be loved and understood but rarely are ready to love and understand the other person, the second it starts to seem serious they are out (probably some commitment issues as well plus the unrealistic wish for perfection and once they see the person is not what you imagine your perfect one to be, bye). This is only a theory, I wouldn't know as I deeply appreciate when others open up to me, especially someone I have chosen as a partner.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course I want respect and understanding. When he starts being a prick I stop being interested.

2|0
    0|0
  • I’m pretty sure I want to be loved and understood. That’s important in order to have chemistry.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m not sure about love.

But a little understanding goes a long way for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you talk too much.

1|0
    0|0
    • talk too much, talk to little, too poor, too rich, too confident, too cocky, too laid back, too hot, too cold, too nice, too great, too perfect... etc no matter what women will always find something wrong with you, thats why i rarey give any the time of day... and it works

• Show All
    • When girls don’t care they do get guys that respect them. We can easily bang any guy we want so it’s cheap in our eyes. Sex isn’t as valuable when you get it so easily, so we don’t really see sex as something “to obtain” given that we ALREADY have it. Therefore, real value is when we see a guy who wants something additional to sex. Of course we love sex but if he’s an amazing guy AND good in bed we’d probably fall for him and put him on a pedestal. Girls who throw themselves at men don’t have this luxury and that’s a fact

• Wow. I’ve met way too many men who get annoyed when girls are too clingy. They won’t tell her directly but he will definitely be annoyed and treat her with less respect. I don’t know why men sometimes deny this.

• Not with you guys cheating all the time.

1|0
    2|4
    • I never cheated

• Show All
    • That’s true.

• Never thought that it will ever be required to post something like this here but some people need an eye opening. I dunno about the statistics about who cheats more men or women but I can generalize that there are hoes from either gender. In my school, most of the girls have hit on me, from the supposed hotties of the school to the older ones, and many of them were 'hoes'. So that proves girls are hoes too. Ask me, I never dated anyone of them 'cause I never was interested in them. Indeed I am attracted to girls but that doesn't mean I'll just sleep around and not be in a committed relationship. And why is that so? I hope that you are at least smart enough to know that.

• I do

0|0
    0|0
  • When you treat immature people badly they want you even more. You probably dont date guys but just dont make it a gender thing, be smarter about it.

2|0
    0|0
  • There are few women who are not what you've just described.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• I don't believe a word woman have to say, actually this includes men. The exception is an individual that has a sufficient amount of self knowledge, otherwise they are zombies pushing rhetoric and dogma.

There's a type of condition prevalent throughout societies that I think we as a species are suffering from greatly. We exult humanity as being in the same excellence as envisioned by enlightened thinkers. We extend the virtues and beliefs of free will from great people unto anyone. We fail to recognize the innate animal like condition of the human being. The human being is mostly just another primeape. A prime ape with the education to perform a multitude of complex tricks.

Because of this false believe we are decieved by the rhetoric of the person as being their genuine belief. As this starts with childhood, we undergo a lifetime of confusion to the point that we develop mechanisms to persuade ourselves into believing the deception. This mechanism dulls and destroys our ability to have consciousness and critical thought. We then fall to the consequence of our ignorance.

Typically, when somebody espouse a belief. They are not professing to abide by the belief, or to understand it. The instead are infatuated by the image of the belief and are under a hysteria of self gratification. The images that control them, cause positive and negative emotions, it's usually that by preaching a belief one indulges in either ectasy or bloodlust. The critical aspect of the belief holds no logical resemblance or connection to the espousers life.

Negative and positive emotions, shame vs praise, are in built mechanisms of the person to guide action and thought. Being archaic in nature, positive emotions resemble security and abundance, while negative emotion induces fear and aggression. People communicate these emotions through depictions of images as to communicate compliance with social order. People don't love one another because love has an inherent value, they do it because the image of love conveys conformity with security.

When women talk about love, they are actually talking about acceptance. Acting like they are a loving person only shows compliance with a standard belief or set of rules. It is mostly a phenomena caused by the conformity parents demand from their children. Women also confuse love with many other things, they often construe lust as love and are unaware to any difference.

People are mostly animals. A few are rational beings. We mistake this and fall victim to the deciet of rhetoric. What people really desire are the same values inherent to any other animal species, dominance, security, social status and influence.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont know man, this just totally not my experience at all. I find that showing interest and affection to a girl, in a non-cringy, non-childish way goes along way. I get much more like with women being the nice guy, than being a cold douchebag.

0|1
    0|0
  • You don't have it quite right. The idea is to get women to chase you. How you do that is you identify the kind of girl that likes the kind of guy you are, then give her just enough to hook her interest, but not enough that she thinks she has the upper hand. Once you have her hooked, then you reel her in and bag her.

0|0
    0|0
    • There a troll here reports her. start with Athena. She just another immature person that blame the guy. I feel sorry for very gentlemen out… [+]

• Plenty of women do genuinely want a connection, but they are also pursuing careers and whatnot. My girlfriend told me that she struggled with her self worth for the longest time, simply because she felt like guys wouldn't take her seriously without a strong career.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably has something to do with your area/country
    Many women seem responsive as long as you show them true affection without any ulterior motives
    Lack of luck I'd assume

0|0
    0|0
    • There a troll here reports her. start with Athena. She just another immature person that blame the guy. I feel sorry for very gentlemen out there. has put with a woman like her.

• @CandacePerry yeah she's a troll on this website that gets tens of reports and dislikes a day

Yet G@G won't ban her because shitty moderation

She's a plague for this site

• They need only sex coz they r not naturally capable of being a good husband or father. Most of them of course. Rare ones r turned into lovable n caring husband and father.

0|0
    0|0
  • They want attention and validation. Give them enough of that and they misinterpret it as love and understanding.

0|0
    1|0
  • Of course they do. It's a human desire found in men too.

0|0
    0|0
  • 3rdsrike it's been my experience that 75% of women are trash either by upbringing or by conditioning. It's not your job to fix these women. Don't even try just keep moving to you find the right one. Oh and don't even listen to @Athena374 she's a headcase little girl that's always laying into guys on here. lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes