Do women nowadys actually want love and understanding or they think they do?

During the time i worked to save for college and ever since enrolling into college till now, my experience (and my friends experiences whether be it a school or at work) with women has been almost the same, i tried different approaches, experminted and did a lot of reading here and there to understand more what i was going through and what was happening , and it all boils down to one simple fact : When you treat the girl you want as irrelevant and like any other girl, suddenly she wants you even more.

I work out, eat right and dress/smell good and i've been called cute all the way up to gorgrous (even though i never saw myself as gorgeous), iam laid back and cool and usually dont put much effort into getting women (even though i been out with plenty of women), cause the few times i actually did and began to open up emotionally the girl suddenly decided... " yeah, not gonna work out, we can be friends though", i can last months dating a girl and going out with her but once love or a little more interest (On my side) begins to develop she's quick to run away, luckily i dont love girls left and right lol... my friend had the same experience, when he gives close to no sh*t about women (Just enough to show he's approachable) they pretty much wanna bang him... which made me come to the conclusion that a lot of women think they want love, in reality they have mixed feelings about everything and only a select few actually desire actual love and affection and feel good when they guy they want shares the same values and feelings as them.

1211

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes, in general, we want love, companionship, romance, sex, and deep relationships of meaning. It just takes some time to find the person that you click with.

Many women your age are casually dating here and there, and enjoying it, but they ultimately plan to settle down with someone they love.

I mean, of course there are women who are really NOT interested in serious relationships, just as there are some men who aren't.

But in general, I think women like being loved, and like being in love, and have that as an ultimate goal.

It's not unusual to have relationships that don't last when you're in your 20s. It takes time, wisdom and experience to really find the person who has that magic thing we call "chemistry".

• No.
    MEN think all they need is love and understanding. We want to be treated with respect but we don’t want you to be our slave. We dont want you to be a doormat. That only tells us that your self esteem is low and that’s frankly unattractive if we want you as a long term relationship.

• Also it’s easy to see through a guy’s BS/fakeness. So if you “act” like you’re great but really aren’t, then that’s also a turn-off

• as for girls upgrading... i met a few of those , sadly its true , not all of girls are like that but certainly a good number is.

• Exactly. You mind your own business because people hate desperation. Men included

Most Helpful Guys

• At the risk of oversimplifying this, we all want love and understanding. But would you rather have love and understanding from someone you look up to, or someone you pity?

What women want in men has been shaped over thousands of generations of sexual and natural selection.

Turns out that sometimes it works to be a really kind and loving dude (e. g. when raising a child, or when your wife needs emotional support), and other times, it works to be a bit of a sociopathic asshole (e. g. when your wife and child are threatened in whatever way: socially, financially, or physically. If your kid is being bullied at school, you have to (at the very least) be able to teach your kid how to stop that happening. Being a doormat won't cut it. If some unpleasant guy is bothering your wife, you need to be able to effectively protect her. Also, women tend to like guys who are dominant (or as a minimum take the lead) in bed. Not all women, but in my estimation, most.

• This isn't so much a gender thing, but a consciousness thing. Most people in general are living as if they are purely physical beings, and are out of touch of what they are on a deeper level. It's like a ray of sunshine forgetting the sun exists...

This is why the ego becomes the most dominant factor, and it's why women respond to indifference, nonchalant behavior and lack of love. It's possible that with women being more emotional, they are slightly more susceptible to the influence of the ego though.

If you know what you are, then it's likely the juice is not worth the squeeze.