Have you ever dated a single parent? If so, how was your experience?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I haven't yet, but probably will have to since that's probably my only option. Not bothered about that tho, about to have a baby in the next two months so I'll see what happens in my future

0|1
    0|0
  • Just once and it was difficult when it didn’t work out because I was really fond of his daughter. It was fun to take the kids places together like bowling or festivals though.

0|1
    0|0
    • Same. I love that little girl. Took her everywhere with me. Her mother and I dated for three years. She cheated and went back to her abusive baby daddy. There was nothing I could do but be heartbroken 💔

• Show All
    • Thanks, but cest la vie I suppose.

• Thanks for MHO.

Most Helpful Guys

• Started too. We had a lot in common, things seemed to be on an upwards trajectory. We were in touch for a couple of months, spoke everyday, had 3 dates (she only got every other weekend free due to kids), things had gotten sexual but we hadn't had sex. She ended it, citing that with 3 kids and trying to grow her startup business she didn't have time for a relationship. Seemed a bit of a cop out. I probably could have chased her a bit more, but TBH i knew about these issues and had some reservations myself. I was happy to keep working on it, but as it seemed she had given up I just walked away.

0|1
    0|0
  • try to avoid it if you can but at your age it will be difficult, however you are signing up for lots of expenses and extra work for someone else's kid. If you date women your age their kids may be mostly raised, but who wants to do that?

0|1
    0|0
    • Those are good points, but I should also point out that I have kids, too, and educated women where I live have no interest in that. My kids are still small, so women my age weren't interested, either.

However, I do have a girlfriend I am very happy with, so it's all good.

• Show All
    • @bizmarkee seriously, let me suggest the city called Shenzhen, not too expensive, you can get by without speaking Chinese if you have some game, but if you have a local friend things will be a lot easier. The big name American hotels brands all have English speaking staff. The Chinese will love to practice their English speaking to you. You can fly to Hong Kong and take the ferry to Shenzhen

• I've packed my bags, closed my businesses and selling my house.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• No because i am the single parent in my relationship lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Just found out that the guy I'm dating has a son. So, let's say that I'm new to this

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a single parent.

0|1
    0|0
  • Girls, do not date a single father.

1|0
    2|0

What Guys Said 17

• I only date single parents because I am also a single parent. There are hurdles like dealing with the ex and scheduling your time around the kids. You've got to remember that kids are the most important part of the equation so you'll always be second in line. Bottom line, if you accept the woman you have to accept her kids. By the way, they are not baggage.

2|1
    0|0
  • I tried once because she was so hot and probably the best sex i ever had. Never doing it again. Huge mistake. No single moms no way under any circumstances. Worst case scenario she's crappy best case scenario you have to play second to someone elses kid. It can never work unless you give up your self respect.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have dated a couple of single mothers, it didn't work. Kids generally don't like the newcomer and the mothers tend to put their new guy pretty low down on their list of priorities even though they may say otherwise.

0|2
    0|0
  • No but I've had more than one single parent that wanted to date me. One was too wild, the other was only looking for someone to stay with her kids while she traveled, and I didn't have financial capability to have and take care of kids.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have dated single moms in the past and I would again, however too many single parents tend to kill the relationship before it often had a chance to mature.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, the kid was a teenager and could do no wrong. I ended up marrying her and she always took his side even though he was a drug addict and lied all the time.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have. It was good for a while. She was kind of single when we met. Lol. She had a couple of great kids too.

0|1
    0|0
  • Two dates with one. It was uncomfortable. Does help her oldest child was only 5 years younger than me

0|1
    0|0
  • I've been with 2 single mothers... Its difficult to plan around our jobs and their children.

0|1
    0|0
  • It was just booty call. Nothing worth it as long term.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, twice. Both were good women.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Awful.

0|1
    0|0
  • No..

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • No, but I lost my virginity to one we had a friends with benefits thing going on and off until 3 months ago

0|1
    0|0
  • It can be challenging I just got out of a 4 year relationship 6 months ago with a single mom an it still hurts

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes