Would you date someone with kids?

So, after the 5th date this guy told me he has a son. He lives in another country and he said that they don't spend much time together.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yo I can't believe the answer some of these dudes are given all y'all women better look at these asses man cuz these dudes ain't about shit. They don't want to date a woman solely because she has a kid that's crazy they should start worrying about how many kids she has and how she treats them cuz you could throw the girl I got no kids got to treat you like crap cheat on you and everything but it is what it is right LOL

3|0
    0|1
    • Best comment so far

• Just keeping it 100 every girl is somebody's mom sister aunt or daughter. And they really need to understand that. I just see some of these comments and it's strange how some of these guys really looking women like objects like they're not people like you don't have feelings or emotions.

• It's a red flag, so no. That guy has just told you he has a kid in another country he doesn't see. Why? How did he end up in that position? He must have made some stupid choices.

1|0
    0|0
    • Long story short he didn't want that child but his ex kinda fooled him

• How does he get fooled? "Surprise! I fooled ya, sex can cause pregnancy!" Does he not know that? Or are we talking fooled as in she poked holes into the condoms against his knowledge. Or maybe she told him that if she got pregnant she would get an abortion and was very assertive with that decision and then once she got pregnant decided she didn't want an abortion? It just seems weird to read that he got fooled into having a child.

Most Helpful Girl

• He should have been up front about it from the start.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 45

• Ideally, I would like to date a childless woman because I am also childless. In my experience, there are some compromises you have to make when dating a single mum, for instance.

Understandably, she has a duty of care to the kid. This sometimes can interfere with the quality and frequency of my interactions with the single mum.

I once dated a single mum, with two kids—aged 3 and 6. She never visited me because of her kids. We always met at her house at a suitable time when the kids are with their father, her mum, or are asleep.

You know when you visit your girl. Sometimes you just want to get saucy, naughty and cuddly with her immediately you step into her place. We just couldn't because the kids were around.

Though I interacted with the kids pretty well, she was careful not allow the kids to get "too close" with me as their dad was actively involved in their life. There was this thought behind my head that my relationship with her has a third person, the kids' father.

However, under the right conditions I think I would still date a single mum. Never say never.

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. if you asked me 10 years ago my response would most likely of been a big NO. I won't lie i would still prefer to not be a parent but at my age finding a lady who does not have kids is slim. I think I will make a decent parent I just don't really want that life.

3|0
    0|0
  • He only told you that after the fifth date? Such a troubling lack of information. Normally that is something you would know about way before talking about dating.

2|0
    0|0
  • If I'm in your place I won't date
    It's upto you
    You've so much life, Don't waste it
    Think wisely
    & Don't marry a person who's above 5 older than you.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't because i am not yet ready to make that step.

1|0
    0|0
  • In general no, but I wouldn't have any trouble to date a girl who has kids being a widow and she wants to have more kids.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not an issue to me. We'd have to work on us first before involving kids. Can take a while due to availability if kids live with them

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends. From what I see. Probably not
    Rather not have a baby daddy in our lives forever and she already started a family. Been through it all. Would like someone that will have a fresh start 😛

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't mind, I like kids. I just don't want to deal with any drama from her ex.

1|1
    0|0
  • No honestly I’m too selfish to date someone with kids you’d have to make plans around them and include them into everything.

1|0
    1|0
  • The only way I'd consider dating a girl who had a single child, was if the child was under 5 years old. Because too many other distraction and she won't have enough attention for me, or her and I. Plus, the reason I would want the single child to be no older then 5 years old, is so that should the girlfriend and I eventually get married. I would want the child to know me as their father, not "that guy" or "the stepfather".

No, I want to have a father son/daughter bond with the child, not be considered, the guy Mom married.

But that's just my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would have loved to have had kids and I didn't care if they were my biological kids or not, it just didn't turn out that way.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would. There may have been one time where that would've been an automatic no, but I'm in my 30s. It'd be ridiculous to reject someone automatically because they have s kid.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the female looks good, exclusively for casual sex, yes!

0|0
    2|1
    • 🙄🙄and this is why you're single

• Show All
    • @thepsychiatrist 🙄 condoms and birth control dont always work dude.. use ya brain

• Really? I’ve been sexually active for the past 8 months after I lost my virginity and so far haven’t received any alimony requests, so I beg to differ...

• If his son is over 18, you should give him a blow job.

0|0
    4|1
  • Well I have kids. They would not bother me in any way.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't mind, since I'd like to have kids myself.
    But I wouldn't want to be involved too much before it gets serious.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I wouldn't date someone who has kids because those kids aren't mine and I do not want to become a stepfather for those kids.

0|0
    1|0
  • I would not. I don’t want to raise kids that are not related to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • There's no way I'm going to be someone's stepfather.

0|0
    2|0
  • Nope, unless she was really hot and she never told me about them.

0|0
    0|1
  • No thank you.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes.

2|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely

2|0
    0|0
  • No. I might end up like her husband.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't.

1|0
    1|0
  • Yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I would not.

1|1
    0|0
  • No. I don't even date non-virgins seriously.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yup they r kids your the grown up act it

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 32

• Yeah. I love kids. If he was a good father to the kids, then why not? So long as the kid's mother is okay with it, if she's in the picture. If she isn't okay with it, I wouldn't want to cause problems for the kid.

1|1
    0|0
  • I have a son myself and I'm dating someone with kids now. It might be double standard but I would never do it again. Too much bullshit and drama. I know there's plenty of men out there that would happily accept me and my son without me having to deal with their kids. That sounds so selfish I know, but it's the truth

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how old the kid (s) are. Like how big of an age gap is there between the me and the kid (s.) Since if im barely older than their kid, i feel like me trying to help parent that kid is only gonna hurt the kid and dad relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at this moment in life as I still kinda consider myself to be kid in some ways. I need to do a lot more maturing and figureing my self out before I make a commitment like that.

I can imagine dating someone with kids you'd need to make a lot of time and effort for them to accept you and it can be quite a emotional journey especially if the relationship doesn't work out but you still care for the child.

1|0
    0|0
  • I probably wouldn't just because I'm so young. I don't have enough experience with kids to take care of them, and I'm not ready for that that type of commitment. I love kids though, so who knows.

1|1
    0|0
  • Five dates in... do you like him? Then why not? The child lives in another country so it’s not like you’re going to be a “mom” instantly. The older you get the more you will find the men will have children. But if you don’t want to parent someone else child (and there’s nothing wrong with that) then wait and keep looking. You have no rush at your age

1|0
    0|0
  • I personally wouldn’t be willing to entertain a person with a child, romantically. But do you girl. Whatever is right for you. The heart wants what the heart wants ☺️

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course, why would a beautiful soul be an impediment in our relationship? I also love kids:)

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes of cours. As long as the kids are polite I don’t see any problem with that, because I love children. If I love my partner then I should also love his kids since they are a major part of his life

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course! If you love him... It won't be a problem.

3|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t because that becomes a whole other commitment. So it weather you want to take it on or not. But I find it shady that he did not tell you until the fifth date.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope! Don't want drama in my life at this young age. Look at poor Sophia Richie being a third wheel in her own relationship. The ex will always be part of his life and I don't want to deal with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love kids! It would instantly enhance our relationship.

1|1
    0|0
  • No, I wouldn't. And the fact that he took that long to tell you about his child is a red flag for me

1|0
    0|0
  • My fiance and my daughter are best friends! You just have to find the right person

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends how many he's got.

1|1
    0|0
  • Sure I would

2|1
    0|0
  • yes, I would be willing to give it a chance.

2|0
    0|0
  • Not at this age, if i was above 30 probably yes.

2|0
    0|0
  • At this stage of my life, probably not

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    1|0
  • Yes, I have a kid.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't

1|0
    0|0
  • no bc im 19 lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I don't want kids

1|0
    2|0
  • Hell to the know

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes... but no

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I'm currently dating a man who has 3 kids. He's amazing with his kids, so it wasn't a dealbreaker at all. It actually makes me love him even more.

3|0
    0|0
  • I would date their kids..

0|0
    1|3
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes