Would you go vegetarian for someone you love?

I'm a vegetarian but my boyfriend is a meat-eater. However, he enjoys the vegetarian meals I cook for him. I am a good cook and I make healthy vegetarian food for him, he really enjoys it. He still eats meat when we go out and I don't like it. If he likes my food, why can't he go vegetarian?
  • Yes
  • No

7189

Most Helpful Guys

• No, I would not become a vegetarian for my girlfriend, nor would I ask her to become an omnivore. If that was a must for you, you should have discussed it with you boyfriend when you were deciding to become a couple. He probably would have viewed it as a dealbreaker, and that would be a lot to ask of someone.

• No. I wouldn't. Humans are omnivores. That means it's natural for us to eat meat. You may as well ask if your boyfriend would give up sex, for you: another natural impulse.

It's also much easier to get all the amino acids and nutrients we need when one consumes meat. Yes, one *can* do it purely through vegetables. But it's more difficult to get all the nutrients and vitamins you need. Especially amino acids. Most plants do not have a full amino acid profile. Quinoa is one of the rare exceptions.

The thing about this world is that you are going to be killing and consuming something one way or another. There have been studies done showing that plants have analogous senses to humans. Some can even learn and have some degree of intelligence. One way or another, to exist, you must consume other life.

I do think that it would be best if we find an alternative to meat in the future, so we do not have to. I think the animals should be kept in the best condition possible for a decent life.

Anyway. No. I wouldn't stop eating meat for a woman. It tastes good, it's a great resource for my muscles, and I'm going to be consuming life one way or another.

You will have to determine whether or not you can accept your boyfriend for who he is. If you can't, then you might need to find a vegetarian man, instead.

Most Helpful Girls

• Being in a relationship is accepting each other how they are.
    Fucking another vegetarian that can't handle others having a choice.
    Sure, he'll eat your food to shut you up and keep you happy, doesn't mean he's hanging up the bacon for you. And you shouldn't ask him to.

• No way am I going to change my entire diet for someone I'm dating! You can eat whatever you want, but its people like you that really grind my gears, trying to tell everyone what to do and what to eat. If you really loved him, you wouldn't give two shits about what he eats regardless of whatever "health" or "moral" reasons you have.