Is a person's financial background/career a make or break when dating them?

Dating means long term relationship leading to marriage/common law partnership

2944

Most Helpful Guys

• No, but their lifestyle and/or debt might be.

I have no desire to keep up with any Kardashians, and I also wouldn't want to take on responsibility for someone deeply in debt. I've been through the "can you cover my rent this month?" thing and that's a road to ruin.

• The pussy wasn't worth it?

• Agreed. The only way I’m paying your rent is if you move in, or vice versa.

• 1950s style is ideal but so true it doesn't mean go shopping all day and out to eat. Its working in the home.

• Yes. I don't want to be in relationships with very wealthy women or women who put college degrees and careers on a pedestal. Women like that usually don't have good values about life and place their priorities on worldly status.

• I think women like that do have good values. They are educated and want better things for themselves. They know their worth and there is nothing wrong with that.

• Alright then. I’m not really exposed to females like that and I usually see those types in movies.

• That's false

Most Helpful Girls

• It depends on how bad or good things are. Material things do not make me happy but our future children need food water and a place to live and if I get sick I need somebody who can care for me and same if I am nursing a baby or late in pregnancy. Likewise I will try to support the person I am with if they get sick or become disabled.

• For just dating? No. However, if this was someone you may want to get more serious with in the future and possibly marry, then yes. You would need someone who is financially compatible with you and able to help support a lifestyle that you both will want. Also, if the man is unsatified with his chosen career path, it can become a large issue down the line since many men tend to associate their career status and ability to provide for their family as a gauge of their worth as a person.