Do Ugly and Average looking guys always have to make the first move?

Do Ugly and Average looking guys always have to make the first move?

1|1

Most Helpful Girls

• No, but it can help. These guys may have lower self-esteems based on their looks, so it can be hard for women (or men) to gauge their interest in them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Last time (only time) I tried make the first move, was rejected.
    I'll just let the guys come to me. lol...

1|1
    0|2
    • heyyy it's not my fault I'm scared of being rejected again.
      I am in a relationship now, it doesn't matter anyway.

• Show All
    • @Onidandal she is right on this, girls are more emotional than guys and can't handle rejection as well as guys

• @Muhammad1999

Depends on the girl. Some can, and some can't. Same with guys. The only real difference is what we're expected to handle.

I mostly meant the gender equality comment as a jab. If you don't want to approach, then cool. Your dating pool will be limited to guys who have the confidence to ask you out. Not very many of them will be great guys, though, because a confident face is part of the dating game in terms of increasing a woman's attraction to a guy. This is regardless of his personality.

If you want a quality relationship in the future, you're gonna have to do a lot of quality control, and look past confidence into other traits.

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm not going to get into absolutes and say 'always', because there's exceptions.

However the less attractive a guy is, the less likely he's going to get noticed and therefore he will have to do things such as making the first move in order to get the girl's attention.

0|1
    0|0
  • The social standard is for men to make the first move. It goes across the board.

However, when a woman has very high attraction for a guy, she will sometimes go outside that comfort zone and make the first move. But her interest has to be really high.

0|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Not if they are good in their careers.

0|2
    2|1
  • Probably.

1|1
    1|0
  • Attraction is all relative. Somebody could think you are like a 6/10 and somw other girl would love to call you daddy.

Additionally according to research people fall in love with people who are similar in appearance because that means their children will look more like them.

So basically it depends on who the person is, unfortunately attractiveness is not the only factor so it is hard to say.

0|1
    0|0
  • No I think if you feel something you feel it? Women always talk about wanting to be equal?

0|3
    0|0
  • Men generally make the first move. Confidence is the key to success regardless of looks

0|1
    0|0
  • Guys, in general, have to make the first move.

1|1
    0|0
  • The man in the picture is not ugly.

0|1
    0|0
  • But I never seen handsome guy in Turkey

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

0|1
    0|2
  • If you don't make the first move, you're too much of a pussy soyboy for me to want anyway.

1|1
    1|8
    • If he's not a soyboy he's red pilled and MGTOW. Don't see how that would benefit you any.

• probs

0|1
    0|0
    • but like if the girl likes him and she knows he’s shy or something she might

What Guys Said 29

• As far as all my experiences have been seeing people go for the move, YEAH.

Never seen a girl make the first move, seen more than 12 guys make the first move... Wonder why :/

It's because most, MOST girls are after the pedigree, the best looking guy in the room and if he isn't in the room she's gonna go into a different room :/

NOT ALL GIRLS!
    Just MOST!

0|1
    0|0
  • Not at all. I've had several women approach me, rather aggressively sometimes, even asked me out for coffee or a drink. It just depends on the temperament and courage of the woman in question.

0|1
    0|0
  • Even good looking men do too. Im pretty hot and i get girls approaching me but usually girls who are far below my level. Slutty girls hit on me, average and ugly girls hit on me. Not most but enough. Lots of dudes gfs hit on me but just to flirt usually. Anyone id want to date i still have to approach.

0|1
    2|0
  • If the question contains the word always, the answer is no.

There are going to be exceptions. I don't mean one in a million. I mean the exceptions are common enough that it's realistically possible.

0|1
    0|0
  • Guys in general have to make the first move. I'm not sure if a guys looks really factor in to the equation. I would think it has a lot more to do with how progressive vs traditional the girl's thoughts are about dating.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ya they need money too
    Or like safe a girl from a falling cliff

Something insane like that for her to be awwwww I see the good in him. Such a good man. Ya it takes saving her from a crumbling cliff to take her eyes off douchfart Chad over there 😂

0|1
    0|1
  • All guys have to make the first move, dude. Most of the time. Like, the vast majority of the time. But women will often send you hints that they want you to approach them.

0|2
    0|0
    • The only exception is if you're really high-status (e. g. famous). Then women will come to you. But that is only true for very few guys.

• I would say yes here is why I met a girls once who I worked with ( I thought she was a bitch by how she acted around me ) one day we had to work together and started talking quickly we became friends and slightly later I found out she liked me the entire time my point is she had liked me and I would have never known if I did not start to talk to her (anyway I rejected her)

0|1
    0|0
  • الهم صلى عنبى تانى مرة featured 😂😂😂😂😘😘🇮🇶🇮🇶🇮🇶

0|1
    0|0
  • Generally yes, yet I have experienced the quite unusual case (and the luck I think) of the girl doing the pursuing.
    And she's more attractive than me, so, lucky me I think.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter how you look if you're not making any move whether it be the first you must not want it bad enough

0|1
    0|0
  • But Always The GOOD LOOKING GUYS has NO BRAIN... That's Why They Could REJECT PUSSY and become GAYS...

0|1
    0|1
  • If you're a man, you're gonna have to make the first move 90% of the time. It is what it is.
    But just be you and act natural. Be unapologetic of who you are. If you're ugly or average, learn to be ok with it, because that's the face you were given and you can't do anything about it. You have no control over that, hence no reason to feel down about it. If you learn to be unapologetic and proud of who you are, you'll be a magnet, attracting people towards you, including women, which will make it easier for you to approach them.
    It might surprise many men in the Internet, but most women looking for a relationship value brains, fun, and confidence, more than looks. Sure, looks matter, but it's not "Rule 1 and 2". Looks are mostly subjective anyways.

1|1
    0|0
  • If that's the case Im somehow not ugly or average.. So this is a lie.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Mostly.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, i never make the first move

0|1
    0|0
  • Nahh.

0|1
    0|0
  • nope

0|1
    0|0
  • Somebody has to, otherwise nothing happens

0|1
    0|0
  • 95% of the time yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes but might be charged with sexual harassment

1|2
    0|0
  • Not if they are rich

0|1
    0|0
  • In general, yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. I gave up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. If you are not rich

0|1
    0|0
  • Because of masculine-feminine differences is what people say, I fuckin' hate about what's masculine and feminine, why can't we just be people and just if we like someone, go for it regardless of gender

0|3
    0|0
  • Does girls making the first move ever happen in human history? I'm genuinely curious, maybe 3 times in since the year 1900 or something? lol

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes