Do Ugly and Average looking guys always have to make the first move?

1331

Most Helpful Girls

• No, but it can help. These guys may have lower self-esteems based on their looks, so it can be hard for women (or men) to gauge their interest in them.

• Last time (only time) I tried make the first move, was rejected.
    I'll just let the guys come to me. lol...

• heyyy it's not my fault I'm scared of being rejected again.
      I am in a relationship now, it doesn't matter anyway.

• @Onidandal she is right on this, girls are more emotional than guys and can't handle rejection as well as guys

• @Muhammad1999

Depends on the girl. Some can, and some can't. Same with guys. The only real difference is what we're expected to handle.

I mostly meant the gender equality comment as a jab. If you don't want to approach, then cool. Your dating pool will be limited to guys who have the confidence to ask you out. Not very many of them will be great guys, though, because a confident face is part of the dating game in terms of increasing a woman's attraction to a guy. This is regardless of his personality.

If you want a quality relationship in the future, you're gonna have to do a lot of quality control, and look past confidence into other traits.

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm not going to get into absolutes and say 'always', because there's exceptions.

However the less attractive a guy is, the less likely he's going to get noticed and therefore he will have to do things such as making the first move in order to get the girl's attention.

• The social standard is for men to make the first move. It goes across the board.

However, when a woman has very high attraction for a guy, she will sometimes go outside that comfort zone and make the first move. But her interest has to be really high.