Would you go on a date with someone your not really interested in?

Just to give them a chance and see what might happen. Would you go on a date with them anyway?
Would you go on a date with someone your not really interested in?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• If a lady made the 1st move and asked me out then 100% yes I would, but only if it was done in person. its super easy to hide behind a screen and talk but to do in person takes courage and ill honor and reward any lady who can do that. If its online the chances are still good since i don't have much experience with dating i'de probably agree just to get more experience. Never know what I think is be a bad match could end up being my match.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did it once but wouldn't do it again. A guy I knew in college had a girlfriend whose sister was interested in me. I really wasn't interested in her, but the guy's girlfriend really wanted me to give her sister a chance. I figured it couldn't hurt anything so I did. It wasn't a total disaster, but at the end of the date I still didn't feel anything for her and I think when I told her that it hurt her more than if I'd never gone out with her at all so I decided at that point not to ever do that again.

I suppose however that depending on your definition of "date" I might have done it many times. I've had female friends (platonic friends, not FWB) that I've done date-like activities with that led some people to believe we were dating, but we both were doing it just as friends so I don't really consider those to be dates but just two friends doing something fun together.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I do that all the time! I will give just about any guy a chance (unless its not safe lol) But once i know for sure that i'm not interested I let them know so as to not lead them on or waist their time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have before and it was enjoyable in a “friend’s” type of way. It ended awkwardly though.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 41

• I've done it several times. None of the dates was a complete disater or expensive, and a couple were actually great.

1|1
    0|0
  • I have once or twice. I might do it again.

1|1
    0|0
  • yeah once, its good if your lonely but it leaves you feeling even more empty afterwards.
    I even asked her if she wanted to have sex as friends while I dropped her home.
    She wanted much more from me, and I also paid for the date :O.
    It went great but I realized how much finding the right person means to me :(

0|0
    0|0
  • I do it very occassionally but prefer not to as I'm good at knowing what someone is like before a date. I've never been pleasantly surprised on the date; the person ends up being just as boring as I initially thought.

I'll do it if I'm bored and haven't been out for a while as I don't have many reliable friends. If for nothing else it's good practice at not trying to impress a date for when you meet someone you actually like.

0|0
    0|0
  • If i were single: Online dating? No. Old school dating. Maybe but only if we met on the job or friends introduced us because it’s important to be polite/gentle in that situation

0|1
    0|0
  • no way, why should i date person im not interested in? Had million chances but rejected them. Better to stay single and find right person than to date person ur not interested in and cheat on them. What is point of dating someone if u dont like them?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Attraction isn't always immediate.
    Sometimes it comes later. If I have no physical attraction to her, then no, because that wouldn't change no matter how many dates I go on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Long as they ain't outright ugly why not? Especially if they're paying XD

0|1
    0|0
  • If you are asking this question, I would have to ask what does this person have that you want even though you aren't interested? Sounds like the person have something you value

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I won't. And because I am not interested in that women, it will eventually spoil the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't date a feminist, a bad understander or a girl with a passionate hobby, but in general I'm not so picky about a first date.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would consider it but I wouldn't want to give the wrong vibe, that I was more interested than I actually was.

0|1
    0|0
  • Any date regardless of the person you on it with, is am opportunity to enjoy the live that was given to you.. Make the best out of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've done it... and well, I came to the realization that it wasn't going to work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beggars can’t be choosers. lol Plus I might get interested via a date or two.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I'm single and dont have plans then yes just for something to do

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah my life formula is one can't understand other in whole life so go and explore it

0|0
    0|0
  • I might but only if there seemed a chance to explore some mutual interest

0|0
    0|0
  • yep, maybe.

0|0
    0|0
  • Been there done that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would. You never know what will happen.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah sure. A night out is a night out.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure, if nothing else, have a good time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe... all depends on my mood

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd give it a try

0|0
    0|0
  • That's what I'm doing with my girlfriend now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Did that once.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • I will always explore all options

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. No point

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 24

• Not unless I made my disinterest clear and thought I did like them a little just not enough to be in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I might go on a date with someone I djnt know well just to give them a chance because I might be surprised what might happen. I probably wouldn’t go on a date with someone I really know well and know that I’m not compatible with though.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you're NOT into them don't do it but if you're on the fence, neutral or not sure if you like them in that way - give it a go.

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually know right away if I see a future with someone. I am not one to date for just the heck of it. So, the answer to your question is no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not likely, I don’t really see the point in wasting my time and theirs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well maybe to see if I could get interested in them?

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably if there's nothing else happening lol

1|1
    0|0
  • Maybe if I was very bored and lonely

1|1
    0|0
  • no! i don't want to lead them on

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe not a date. Just to hang out

0|0
    0|0
  • I would.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't do that

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes u never know, they may be around a while

0|0
    0|0
  • No cause your wasting there time and yours.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your pic makes me feel like im on drugs

0|0
    0|0
  • The personality would really have to shine...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I would

0|0
    0|0
  • No way

0|0
    0|0
  • No i would not

0|0
    0|0
  • You’re = you are. Your means as in it’s yours