Would you date a guy who has a negative view of women?

My friend recently went on a date with a guy who bashed women the whole time. She told him she wasn't interested, but offered to stay friends. He was very depressed and hostile towards women, so she recommended he seek psychological help

I personally wouldn't because I want to know a man respects me as a human being
  • Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
    Vote C

1930

Most Helpful Guys

• The concept of disrespecting women is cultural biased, so girls from different cultural backgrounds require different way to deal with them.

Simply a complement on dressing from an opposite a man can make East Asian girls uncomfortable, but it works in western region.

• Respect is culturally biased, but negativity is not. My question refers to a negative mindset, not actions

• I kinda want to know what the guy said. If she tried to make him pay and he got mad then that's on her. If she brought up feminism and got destroyed by logic then that's on her. If he was calling women all b****es, and other stuff like that, than he was the ass.

• He was complaining about gold-diggers and men having to pay. She reminded him they were at a park, so nobody was paying for anything. He was just bashing women in general

• Okay, if that was at a restaurant and she gave him a dirty look when slitting the bill that would have been a justifiable response, but that is pretty bad considering they were st a park😂

Most Helpful Girls

• Ok but was he "bashing women" or just holding traditional views (like women belong in the house, "barefoot and pregnant")? Because I'm actually looking for a man who has the traditional views, so rare nowadays... but a man who's genuinely hateful to women and who wants a human punching bag that he can use as a slave? No way. Mutual respect, equal value, different responsibilities.

• He was complaining about men having to pay for dates and women being gold-diggers, so she had to remind them they were in a park and nobody was paying for anything

She and I are both traditional, same as you

• Yeah they're the worst ones, the ones who want all the perks of gender roles but none of the drawbacks. If you want your wife to make you a sandwich and have dinner ready when you get home from work, then you need to at least pay for dates, haha!

• Some of my friends do. Girls will say they won't, but I am seeing it happen.