Would you date a guy who has a negative view of women?

My friend recently went on a date with a guy who bashed women the whole time. She told him she wasn't interested, but offered to stay friends. He was very depressed and hostile towards women, so she recommended he seek psychological help

I personally wouldn't because I want to know a man respects me as a human being
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Maybe
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• The concept of disrespecting women is cultural biased, so girls from different cultural backgrounds require different way to deal with them.

Simply a complement on dressing from an opposite a man can make East Asian girls uncomfortable, but it works in western region.

1|0
    0|0
    • Respect is culturally biased, but negativity is not. My question refers to a negative mindset, not actions

• I kinda want to know what the guy said. If she tried to make him pay and he got mad then that's on her. If she brought up feminism and got destroyed by logic then that's on her. If he was calling women all b****es, and other stuff like that, than he was the ass.

1|0
    0|0
    • He was complaining about gold-diggers and men having to pay. She reminded him they were at a park, so nobody was paying for anything. He was just bashing women in general

• Okay, if that was at a restaurant and she gave him a dirty look when slitting the bill that would have been a justifiable response, but that is pretty bad considering they were st a park😂

Most Helpful Girls

• Ok but was he "bashing women" or just holding traditional views (like women belong in the house, "barefoot and pregnant")? Because I'm actually looking for a man who has the traditional views, so rare nowadays... but a man who's genuinely hateful to women and who wants a human punching bag that he can use as a slave? No way. Mutual respect, equal value, different responsibilities.

1|1
    1|1
    • He was complaining about men having to pay for dates and women being gold-diggers, so she had to remind them they were in a park and nobody was paying for anything

She and I are both traditional, same as you

• Yeah they're the worst ones, the ones who want all the perks of gender roles but none of the drawbacks. If you want your wife to make you a sandwich and have dinner ready when you get home from work, then you need to at least pay for dates, haha!

• Some of my friends do. Girls will say they won't, but I am seeing it happen.

5|2
    4|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 28

• I can't see something like that working out no matter whether it's the girl or the guy that's bitter toward the opposite sex.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd bash many girls these days. Already have the same rights as men and more favoured in the judicial system yet still complain about just about anything. The women in the world that suffer in all those third world countries are who need help. Not an entitled brat who thinks she deserves mister 6ft 6pack 6figure income* Everything has to be perfect for their princess egos. Glad to know I won't be looking for a wife in western society when I finish school get job and settle down.

1|2
    4|0
    • For anybody wondering what I meant by "negative view of women," this is a perfect example

• Show All
    • Laughable, then why compare yourself to a housewife? You're just a cancerous feminist in disguise that needs to be shown men aren't putting up with your bullshit anymore, online and in real time. I have no problem with good women. I have problems with feminists and fakes like you

• I don't compare myself to housewives. I aspire to be one if I ever marry so I can please my husband and raise our children properly

You couldn't spot a feminist if she was spitting in your face if you think I'm one. I'm the furthest thing you'll find from a feminist, so you'll never find a girl you're happy with if you think like that

I have no bullshit to put up with. If you knew me in real life, you'd understand just how many men are flocking to get with me

Good women have no desire for misogynistic narcissists like you

• Well I wouldn't date a guy because I don't swing that way heh
    I would say women probably would be best served by not dating raging misogynists though
    And I would rather not date a misandrist woman

1|1
    0|0
  • I definitely would not date woman who thought like this. This is something nobody should have to deal with, and the person who has this issue needs to know its not okay, and needs to be resolved before dating again.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would date a woman who had a negative view of men.

This is because-
    A) Any reasonable person's view of people should generally be negative
    B) Those views probably don't apply to me, so my ego has no reason to get offended.

1|0
    0|0
  • you do realize if he's attractive you generally dont mind?

anyway, why would it matter if his GENERAL view is despising, as long as he respects you and believes you to be special, in comparison to the general mass of people? ...

0|0
    1|0
    • I do realize I certainly do mind, especially if he's attractive. Ugly men may have been treated poorly by women in the past, so they may have had negative experiences to base their negativity on. A guy who is genuinely attractive has no excuses because he has more opportunities with a better quality of women, and would also have more self-esteem and confidence in approaching women and leaving toxic relationships

I personally want a man who respects people in general. I am attracted to people with positive mindsets since I'm a glass half empty type of person. I am looking for a man I can respect and view as special, but I couldn't view a man in that way of he actively bashes women, especially like the guys on this site

• No, mostly because I'm straight and wouldn't date a guy regardless

3|1
    1|0
  • Bashing any group like that is bad. Unless it's a terrorist organization or something.

1|0
    0|0
    • I guess I'll have to make an exception for bashing terrorists lol. They have a track record of being pretty bashable

• I wouldn't if I were you. he sounds hurt, your friend had right advice and tactfully backed out by saying she'd stay friends... e. g. she didn't make him feel more rejected.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m extremely hateful towards women and wouldn’t expect any girl to deal with that.

1|2
    0|0
  • I don't go DATE with DICK... but What's Wrong having NEGATIVE View on WOMEN? WOMEN are Symbol of NEGATIVE and Nothing is POSITIVE about Them... NOTHING!!!#

1|0
    3|1
    • Please convey your thoughts to your mother. Let me know what's her response

• She couldn't agree more... That's WHAT BIBLE Told Her... WOMEN are the DOWNFALL of MANKIND!!!

• No, and I wouldn't touch a woman who has a negative view of men with a 10 foot pole. Ironically, that's the bulk of all women.

0|2
    1|0
  • I can't understand why any girl would want to date a guy like that.

1|0
    0|0
  • That would just be asking for trouble. No thank you...

1|0
    0|0
  • Its called a bromance, I might have a beer with him and help him out.

1|0
    2|0
  • I mean they date guys who don't care about them or treat them likr shit. That in itself is a nagative view of women, yet they still date them.

0|0
    1|0
  • I wouldn’t date a girl who was bashing on men. Can’t imagine it being flipped around is any better.

1|0
    0|0
  • She shouldn't have offered to be her friend also

1|1
    0|0
  • What kinds of things did he say?

0|0
    0|0
    • He was complaining about men having to pay for dates. She reminded him they were in a park, so nobody was paying for anything. And he kept on complaining about women

• Well I do agree that men paying for all the dates is a valid issue.

However his complaint doesn't really fit the scenario. Like you said no one has to pay for anything in a park. I mean unless it's an amusement park.

• yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't date dudes #nohomohere

1|0
    0|0
  • LOL @ BS responses in this thread. Most people think DJT has a negative view of women, but most white women voted for him, in favor of HRC. Think about it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I voted for Trump because Hillary is a fake, evil, old crone. She has no right to call herself a feminist after publicly allowing her husband to cheat on her. She is a drunk who cannot handle herself. Trump only had two things going for him: he wasn't a politician and he wasn't Hillary Clinton

But this is not a political thread, so your comment is completely off-topic

• I mean, most women seem a little hostile to men, so maybe it's fair play.

0|0
    1|1
  • If a guy has had a lot of negative experiences with women, it's normal and natural to feel that way and I'm sure women would feel that way towards men if they have had horrible experiences with them

1|0
    0|0
  • Cough cough... Sensitive feminist

1|4
    3|0
    • Cough cough... Resilient traditional

Try not to make false assumptions under anonymous tags if you want to avoid looking like a troll

• Show All
    • Hmmm a latin feminist now. What's the world comming too

• @Idodonthaveausername Exactly.

• I see it lots. The girls a shallow insecure dishrags that have the guy tell her what to do and what to think. I always wonder if those girls ever had a personality. haha

3|1
    2|0
  • So don't date any observant or intelligent men?

0|1
    5|0
    • An observant man would be able to tell his negativity is harmful to his SO and himself while an intelligent man would assume it

• Show All
    • Bitches be crazy.

• That is exactly the mindset I was talking about with this question. It us clear you have a negative view of women, have no respect for us (and probably yourself), and will never find a woman willing to be with you

What Girls Said 17

• Depends. Generally, no I wouldn't, but then again I think a lot of women are crap myself, so it would be hypocritical to judge him without knowing who he dislikes and why.

1|1
    1|0
    • Being honest is better than being hypocritical. If you're comfortable with his reasoning. Then there's no reason you shouldn't date him

• For me it depends on how and what he's bashing women for. Being honest girls do some pretty dumb things and we deserve to be called out on it. Yet think its harassment when somone tells them to smarten up or not behave that way.

1|1
    0|0
  • the only reason I will ever date someone like that is if I didn't know and found out later that is who he is. but who wants to get beaten all the time and live their life in fear willingly? not me and that is for sure.

1|0
    0|0
  • A lot of guys sound like they have a negative view on women, but maybe they're just insecure, sheltered or immature. There are some women with the same traits as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t date anyone who always negative there a headache I date one she didn’t like to anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I would not date a men that has problems with me being a women.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope don’t date guys who dislikes feminism ✌️.

3|1
    4|8
    • Good, save them for us! 😄

• Show All
    • Also I do have a debit car and I make most of my own money. So stfu.

• A career is whatever you decide it to be. You do not need money as payment. There are many things in life that are more valuable than money

It is not your place to judge other women when you have no ground to stand on yourself. When you grow up (if you grow up) and start working, you will understand how difficult it is to take care of your home and work 40+ hours a week and cook meals every night. There is no hidden mystery about career-oriented women feeling like they missed out on family and watching their children grow up. When you have a job, it becomes more important than your home life, and your home life suffers

• Ew no

3|1
    0|1
  • Absolutely not

2|2
    0|0
  • Nope.

1|0
    0|0
  • Aww hell naw.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never in my life would let a sexist in my life.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would absolutely not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell no.

1|0
    0|0
  • I accidentally clicked yes, but I absolutely wouldn't date a guy who hates women. No woman would be safe dating a guy like that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not sure but if someone like Shawn mendes ask me out i can ignore these kind of things but for average guy lol no

2|0
    1|2
    • Lol just to show how shallow many of you girls are

• Show All
    • @ezaine3
      You are not going to find the girl you want with an attitude like that. Basing a woman's worth on sex sets yourself up for a failed relationship. Even if a girl agreed to marry you, she wouldn't be happy because there would be no respect in your relationship

And you can't require a virgin to be good at oral sex since she has no experience and you have no experience with her. You would need an experienced girl for that

• He is hypocrite probably rapist and future wife beater i don't know what his mom would think if she would read it won't be proud of him

• lol depend on lot of things well if he is cool cute intelligent and Good looking than i can consider it but most likely no i actually had crush on that kind of guy never had guts to approach super handsome and super cute and really cool and smart.

1|1
    1|1
    • Wow giving me dislike for having opinion i have a type believe me most guy's are not like that i can ignore something if he have other things

Recommended myTakes