When and how do you tell the girl you are dating about your health problem?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• If it's a serious relationschip, I would say as soon as possible. I know it can be hard, but if someone really loves you, they'll understand. I was 2 months toghether with my boyfriend when I got sick bc of a tick. I went paralised and was in the hospital for 3 weeks. Our bond got even more strong when I was there and when I got out of hospital. (He even learned about my illnes in books ect) Best of luck!!

2|1
    0|0
  • Sooner rather than later! At least that is my opinion. It’s better for her to know close to the beginning. I would mention it casually if possible. My best friend has MS. She casually brought up an MS support group in conversation. It was a casual way to talk about it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Depends on what it is.

If its something that could potentially be a hazard for the both of you, then she should know before even meeting for a first date.

If it's something that doesn't have a significant effect on daily life, then it can probably be brought up in casual conversation at some point.

0|1
    0|0
  • As soon as you're ready for her to break up with you, lol.

Fuck bro, you don't trust a woman with shit like this. Women are only good for one thing, and that's running out on you for someone bigger, better, longer, harder, and uncut. That's all they care about, look how green the grass looks over on the other side, oh look, even greener over there, hey, look, over there, even greener!"

Every woman is born with two feet, one of them is already out the door, and the other one is standing on a banana peel. One way or the other, she's bound to split.

If you want love, get a dog. Women are for having empty, meaningless, masturbatory sex with because it helps make the loneliness go away for a few minutes, then she stares off into her cell phone where she endlessly cycles through profiles of guys on dating apps, and pictures of hotter guys than you, every day, all day long.

You don't tell a woman there's something wrong with you until you WANT her to leave you. Because she plans to leave you eventually no matter what, and upgrade to the next guy. So how much faster will that happen if you give her a REASON to leave you?

0|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• I would say as soon as possible

1|3
    0|1
  • If it’s something that could potentially affect her too, I’d tell her. That way you show her you’re caring and that you’re taking her future and feelings into consideration. If it’s something that won’t affect her if she doesn’t know about it then put it off until you’re ready to tell her -when you trust her and know her better. There’s no reason for you to feel obligated into telling people things that won’t affect them just because you’re dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Immediately, before she finds out from other people and them may decide to leave you because you aren't honest. Rule of thumb: NEVER get emotionally invested to somebody you don't trust or hardly know.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends mostly on what you have. I have a chronic blood disorder and I never tell anyone, only some close friends know about it because they’ve witnessed me in a “bad phase” when I kept passing out and couldn’t hide it. Normally it doesn’t affect me much though so I never feel the need to tell people about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on what the health issues is. Assuming its something serious, id say as soon at it looks like you guys are gonna be serous. But also be open to answering lots of questions about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends like if you have a IBS then it's not really that pressing but if you have cancer and was only given a few months, then tell her right away

1|1
    0|0
  • It depends what kind of problem, if it would affect her then tell her sooner. If it doesn’t affect her then tell her whenever you’re ready.

2|0
    0|0
  • If you're just dating, try to bring the topic slowly. Ask hypothetical question and see her response.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you are getting to know each other. Try bringing up the topic of health and go from there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Right before dating.

0|1
    0|1
  • It depends on the problem

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on your problem

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually tell people when I start talking to them

0|0
    0|0
  • As soon as you start dating her.

0|0
    2|1

What Guys Said 9

• I tell people like right away, and open and honest, the only people who don't know are my mum and dad but everyone else like friends or even random strangers they know.

Cause i don't mind telling people i am depressed and got muitple personailty disorder and suicidal. And a bit of other things that don't matter as much like ODD.

0|1
    0|0
  • Severity matters, but a girl I know tells people she has lupus on the first meeting, it’s more of a take it or leave it situation.

To me I respect this as she leaves herself vulnerable out there.

0|1
    0|0
    • To be fair, most guys would hump a lamppost if they could. So it's a lot less risky to open up about this stuff if you're a woman.

• Depending on the severity of the condition, will depend on the approach. For most things, tell her as soon as possible just by sitting her down and telling her. If it is terminal, be prepared for her being upset and struggling for a bit.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to be open, if they are worth your time, it won't matter to them

0|0
    0|0
  • Women aren't sympathetic to men's problems. So never unless you have to

1|2
    1|1
  • Just tell them. It's funny how people have no problem fucking someone but personal issues cross the line... grow up

1|0
    0|0
  • You don't. Not right away anyway, not at least for a month or 2 if you must. Women have many options so the moment you show her negative attributes she'll find someone without them and leave you.

But the problem is by telling her you make her think it's a problem, like she'll sense you aren't confident and think it'll make her change her mind about you. Which it will, but only because you brought it up.

Let a girl find stuff out about you gradually so she feels she earnt the right to privileged information. If you give away everything about you so quickly you ruin the game of courtship for her.

0|0
    0|1
  • When you wanna get dumped.

1|2
    0|0
  • When it becomes serious enough that it would be harder for her to leave you

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes