Is it true that men focus more on women’s bodies and women focus more on men’s personalities?

I feel like women place more importance on personality, attitude and social status. Men on the other hand, place more importance on the way she looks, which include: her body, her face and her overall physique
  • True
    Vote A
  • False
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I’d like to point out that the resentful nuts I’ve seen her aren’t going to be taken seriously. Your whining isn’t evidence for your claim. Next.

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Men generaly focus more on a womans body, but I think women generaly focus more on a mans face.

0|1
    0|0
  • I put true, then changed my mind.
    No i think most men also find a womans personality important as well, definitely if we're talking long term factors at least.

2|4
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't want to date a bitch has a nice body. I'd rather date someone modest with good personality. They are low in maintenance. And if girls think so, they do it for other girls to get them jealous or for themselves not for guys attention.

1|0
    0|0
    • But a lot of guys actually don't care about it

• Show All
    • Buy you asked "More" so meaning to say you compare looks and personalities. I prefer fit girls by the way doesn't mean I'm into body more than personality. Body matter too you know and that's a part of the criteria.

• It’s important but if I see an amazing girl who happens to be on the bigger side I’ll be happy to date her.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• Everyone takes looks into consideration somewhat. That's why I say false. Also, a lot of girls fall for douchey guys

4|6
    0|0
  • Not always... Everyone has a different taste

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't date down tbh even if he had a great personality. I would mess with an ugly guy well average guy not reallg ugly cuz i wouldn't but yeah I'd never really date him doe. I know this sounds mean but its my brutual truth so I don't know about girls always just going for personality. I know for me a lot of it is but i definetly do want a good looking man.

0|2
    0|0
  • No. Lots of women care about appearance. In fact in looks I’m almost positive guys have lower requirements. Are you that same guy that keeps asking these stupid questions?

0|3
    0|3
    • Um. No. I haven’t been on here since May. Relax lol

• I feel like both men and women do this. Some pay more attention to looks and others to personality. Maybe some pay equal attention to both.

Trust me I'm guilty of admiring a man's looks 😆😅👀 but personality is where it's at for me.. as long as he takes care of his appearance in a non-obsessive nor narcissistic manner.

0|1
    0|0
  • I feel like everyone considers both an equal amount. Like, would you want to date someone good looking whose personality you hated? Or would you want to date someone completely unattractive with a great personality? No, because both, on some level, are important.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not a single man on earth has ever told me I like you for your personality... That's some shit women say🙄 In my personal experience with the 3 I dated they initially became interested because of how I looked. They stayed because of who I was. With me, I prefer to know a guy before his looks even matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • it's extremely true

men are more visual, you always see a guy with a girl more attractive than him, and a girl with a guy less attractive than her, in a LOT of cases.

0|0
    2|1
  • True. However...

Women still care about looks just as much as men do, just like I'm sure there are men out there that actually care about a woman's personality as much as her looks. I think it ultimately comes down to what said person is looking for: in our "hookup" culture, if they're just looking for a fling or someone to sleep with? Obviously looks are all that matter.

But once they're ready to settle down and find a serious relationship, they'll start to consider personality, intelligence, as well as looks because they realize they will need more than sex to be happy.

1|1
    1|0
  • It is just how it seems to be. Women like to go deeper into guys to find out what goes on in them and if they are truly who they say they are, and guys just tend to look on the outside first before looking on the inside.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I look at men's personalities more. A good personality is really important to me... but if he's handsome too that's a plus point.
    I hope this kind of answer is the one you were expecting. If you have other questions feel free to ask :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Personality, yes.
    Attitude, yes.
    Social status, not necessarily.

2|0
    0|0
  • Most guys like a beautiful woman but they also care about her behavior.

0|0
    0|0
  • False

0|0
    0|0
  • When they first meet and May be not until after he cums does he notice her personality

0|0
    0|0
  • Women like the looks of a mans wallet.

0|2
    0|0
  • It's true

0|0
    0|0
  • We focus on bodies, but not because they innately arouse us. It’s more like wanting to have a nice panting in your room.

0|2
    1|0

What Guys Said 24

• I think women place about as much emphasis on a guy's looks, just not exactly the same things as most guys do. I suspect this is roughly the case for personality as well. Women do place much more emphasis on a guy's social status and income, which is why, as a group, they are pickier than men.

0|1
    0|0
  • False lol
    Women say all the time they won't date someone who's short regardless of their height. It's one of the biggest turn offs for them.
    Men can be shallow as well. At the end of the day what do most women have to offer or really offer to a guy more than looks?
    Men aren't looking for someone to pay for everything for them as they are expected to do that. Men aren't looking for social standing because it's the man who's expected to have that.
    Yes I want a girl with a good personality and who is fun to be around but women, especially hot ones think their looks alone will take them anywhere so they don't invest in anything else. Is this true 100% of the time? No. Some women want to contribute just as much as her man. They work hard and have great personality's. That's the one I'm looking for. I care more about how she treats me and those around her.
    I would say there is a minimum attractive level for each side. After that its on to personality. Physique will get you in the door; personality sells it to both sides.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you compare the women and men alive today, you can sort of work out what the two sexes focus on. Because what they focus on has shaped how men and women are today. Of course that changes over time, but only to the degree the environment changes.

One thing that jumps out is that men are generally taller than women, and generally have less body fat and more muscle than women.

Another is that women tend to put a lot of effort into how they look. Meanwhile, men place a lot of emphasis on being "tough", on competing, and on their career and social status.

One example of something I think has changed recently is that being a nerd seems to be much less of a barrier to dating for men that it used to be. That is my impression, at least. Because nerds are probably the most valuable people in the economy right now.

Also, women have obviously entered the workforce in much of the world, and that probably also changes things. Suddenly you can lose your high status if you do something sexually inappropriate, so we might see guys like Harvey Weinstein become a bit rarer over time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women don't care about personality. They just want the guy to be tall and attractive. Doesn't matter if he's a serial killer. Good looking mass murderers receive fan mail from women in prison.

0|2
    6|1
    • You’re resentful aren’t you.

• Yes. But I don't think "more" is a LOT more. I don't think it's contrast like night and day.

Looks will definitely catch my eye. But when she talks she better have something to say. It's not like personality is thrown to the side and doesn't matter. If the personality isn't there it's a total deal breaker.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls care more about appearance than most men do.
    And men care about what a womans character is like, more than their looks

being with a woman, only because her beauty is the dumbest thing a man can do. I think any mature man knows this.

Modest, honest, loyal, passionate, intelligent 5/10 is where its at!
    That goes for men and women

0|1
    0|0
  • All you have to do is look at online dating statistics and your idea is just wrong. Everyone wants physical attractiveness and then personality. I'd say men actually have a lower standard for attractiveness than women and the major dating sites agree. You are right about women wanting a man with social status. In the end, women are the ones who are more picky, but you could make the argument that it's necessary for them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say false, but that is my personal experience... Overall I don't know, but for me a girl with a healthy fun personality is by far the better option that a good looking one... But when they come together then that is the most attractive!

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL Some true... Men focus a lot on womens bodies, lots of women tend to focus a lot on men's wallet and their potential for success.

0|0
    1|1
  • I find it interesting that more women and less men agree with this, while less women and more men disagree. It's not what I'd have guessed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol I think everyone looks both for personality and looks. There are outliers for sure, however most of time people always want the best they can get.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sick of these people that answer with "it depends," or "everyones different," well fkin obviously, but answer the damn question in general terms. Eg men tend to be stronger than women, fact, despite the outliers.
    Now, to answer your question, yes men will focus on a woman's appearance because their first interest is in sex. Now if her personality is reasonably ok, he'll stay with her, and only the worst personalities can push a guy away from a beautiful girl. Guys require a lot more substance, and RESOURCES.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, not entirely true.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not it’s the same for both
    Everything matters

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends when women are ovulating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not true

0|0
    0|0
  • No I want personality more then looks

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the individual. I would put personality first and foremost before looks for girls. As longs as they look reasonable, I’m not too fussed with looks.

0|1
    0|0
  • Seems like it

0|0
    0|0
  • Most women won't date a guy that's shorter then herself. Women are way more shallow about bodies.

0|2
    0|1
    • Clearly you’re angry buddy.

• Sort of true. Women focus more on a man's personality as it relates to account status. That is, the personality traits and other indicators that are likely to lead to a large back account balance.

They tend to call it something like "planning for a secure future".

Why do men label women who want men with money as a gold digger? ↗

0|0
    0|2
    • *bank account status

• men focus more on looks, women focus more on words. not personality. you can be the shittiest person in the world but if you are good with words, and know how to sell that shit like chocolate, every woman will bite the bait as hard as she can.

0|1
    0|1
  • I think it's probably equal.
    I haven't seen any evidence on this website or in real life to say that women are any less shallow than men or more personality oriented.
    It's just not the reality.
    I will say that men don't place as much emphasis on a woman's social status.
    That part's true.
    Most guys don't care about a woman's earning potential or career aspirations.

0|0
    0|0
  • True. This does NOT mean that women don’t care about body and appearance.

In fact for a hookup women have higher standards for looks then men do.

But in a relationship women are typically balancing looks, confidence, ambition, status, social skills etc. Men generally aim for looks and a little bit being “sweet”.

0|1
    0|1

Recommended myTakes