• Anxiety/depression
    Vote F
  • Other
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|4

Most Helpful Guys

• By choice, I've stopped looking long time ago. Never dated before before I stopped looking. And besides I realized that we don't need another person in order to live or breath anyway. It does save a person much problems and frustrations as I've seen some of the people that I've known had broken up, fight constantly, and various other relationship problems and issues throughout the years.

2|0
    0|0
  • Other.

I've had healthy relationships. I do my best to keep work and relationships balanced. Sometimes work will take priority, but it's with the understanding that I have to in order properly support lifestyle.

I'm not overly social. I go out once in a while, but I'm not a huge party type person.

The Main reason I'm single is because I have a certain type of person I'm looking for. I know the traits I want and desire. I also know what I do not want.
    In all fairness, I believe that I have found that person.

1|0
    0|0
    • Same I'm not very social and if I am social it's on my watch

• It's a catch 22.
      If we don't go out, we don't meet people. So, some sort of sociability is needed. Another aspect to it is that when we are out, we need to actually talk and interact. It's something I can do easily, so when I do choose to go out, I talk to everyone.

• I agree I'm working on that for 2019🙏

Most Helpful Girls

• I would say because I never socialize with anybody outside of church and family connections so I don't have enough social connections to get hit on often enough.

5|1
    0|0
    • too bad you’re not in my church I’d find a way to hit on you

• Show All
    • @NightOwl2019 Cut your age discrimination. Men remain men no matter how old they are.

• And also probably still waiting on guys to ask you out should also be added to that list

• Hang on, I need to make a list for this reply:
    - I have standards and refuse to lower them
    - Most guys are intimidated of me or assume I'm already taken (yeah I've even been told that by guys, what's up with that?)
    - Most men my age are already married or taken- at least where I live so the pickings are slim
    - The few guys that did like me are just interested in flings, casual sex, or hook-ups, which I'm NOT into: I want a serious, long term relationship
    - I seem to be happier, have less drama, and do better when I'm single

So it's a mix of my environment and surroundings, and just me wanting what's best for me- which right now is apparently me just staying single~

2|0
    0|0
    • Then you're sing by choice

• Show All
    • @cynical he's a moron I blocked him. his whole page is a troll page. He has some nerve calling you a hag for having standards. I don't know why guys get so insecure by women like us. we have a right to choose

• Apparently if a woman chooses to be single, something is wrong with us. Smh- what is wrong with society nowadays?

But it's fine; I just shrug men like him off- not even with my time or energy.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 143

• I'm not single, but if I were I guess it would be because I would be by choice.

1|0
    0|1
  • Don't know or I probably wouldn't be single. However I am not good in the economic department (don't know how to fix that either) so that doesn't help. I also don't know how to read subtle so if women are hitting on me I sure as hell don't see it, well that or they just don't hit on me. I also don't know how to approach women because it seems they are constantly demanding polar opposite actions, they want assertive but demand your subtle with flirting, they want you to approach but think your a creep when you do, the ones that do approach you (and that is rare) don't really want you (in my experience) they just want to use you to escape some aspect of their life. It could be that I am "too" nice (most idiotic notion I've ever heard yet women make this claim all the time to guys) so women don't even give me a chance (because apparently you can't be nice and strong, if your nice your automatically seen as weak willed (I think this is the case because when I set my foot down in the few relationships I've had those women where shocked to say the least, they assumed I would just let them walk all over me, I didn't)). It could be that I am just jaded because again, I don't do well with subtle (chronic over thinker and at least for a large part of my life insecure (screwed up child hood does that to you), so it seems like women are not interested and in every case a woman has shown interest its ended poorly (one was flakey, eventually had to tell her to stop wasting my time, second one was trying to rush things because she was older and didn't want to be single and old i. e. she was using me to escape a shitty life (of her own making no less), the third hit on me so much that even I was aware of it, later found out she had a girlfriend, yes a girlfriend (why? why hit on a guy if your not interested and especially if your into women?), another wanted to use me as an excuse to escape her current (at the time) relationship. After that I kind of gave up trying.

0|0
    0|0
  • Things became complicated about engaging in a relationship, especially these days. No one would prefer a commitment to one relationship, most people want casual relationships full of excitement and sexual pleasure. so for me, staying behind the scenes is the best solution until the end of this crazy series.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm just sort of... how do I put this... not a very fun person to hang around with.

It takes a LONG ass time for me to open up to people, and even then I don't have enough going on in my life to keep people interested.

I go to UCF... I work at Chick-Fil-A when I have the time... I binge watch South Park and Breaking Bad again and again on my free time... and that's basically my whole life.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. not attractive 2. when someone does show interest i'm suspicious of their motives (when you have enough women set you up you get like that) 3. kind of introverted, i'm friendly but i don't open up to people very quickly (the women that are interested probably take that as i'm not).

1|0
    0|0
  • By choice/career. I have a good thing going in politics and devote myself to it, so I haven't really "put myself out there", or tried to get a girlfriend, although I have an ex. And many women have shown interest.

0|0
    0|0
  • Frankly, women's vanity would defer me from a relationship.

I tend to espouse idealisms that render the common individual into a state of bloodlust. It would appear that most people who act as individuals and strive for ideals of liberty are loathed by those self loathing in their own psychological entrenchments.

0|0
    2|0
  • I think I tend to do better being on my own. I am open to being in a relationship though if I think it will enhance my life. With most relationships I've been in though, I was not as happy as I was being alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm wrapped in cellophane?

Why do you think you're single?Why do you think you're single?

0|0
    0|0
  • I was single for close to 4 years before I recently started dating the gal I'm dating. I was single for that amount of time because I needed to figure out some shit in my life, and even though I didn't get it all sorted out, I got enough done that when this girl came into my life I felt good about the idea of being with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a single dad & working FT , and voted C. I don't even want to date , no bitterness / negativity towards women... and I have a daughter to raise too , simply cannot be bothered , for a man , dating is hard work , and also I am not in a desirable demographic , no woman wants a man with my baggage & don't blame them , there are vast numbers of single , available men without that , so my options would be very limited.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think consistently not caring about it, rarely ever being interested in anyone and always having headphones on are a pretty big reason.

Also, at the moment no interest in a relationship so I'd probably just reject most people.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because many women I’ve met expect men to adopt the female way of thinking... Men’s emotions and thoughts are wired differently...

As per Jack Nicholson when asked how he writes women so well; “I think of a man, then I take away Reason and Accountability” ...

0|0
    1|0
  • For me personally, I assume it's my social status, which is poor, disabled and different. I don't own or live in a house/ apartment/trailer. I'm not good at asking women out, I have had many bad experiences with my former relationships and I don't go to parties.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was never interested in someone to have a relationship with so I guess it's by choice primarily.
    I am concerned about my career too and have sky high trust issues so I think I won't be getting into a relationship anytime soon.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I was, at times.
    A, C and G (other)
    The women around me were corrupted by Feminism and Social Justice.
    Their only redeeming characteristic was a vagina, which was not enough to ruin my life over.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is lot of things playing in my part, I certainly don't try to ask out any girls because I'm quite inept at approaching women in interest particularly. Which is also rooted in my anxiety, which also signifies insecurities...

But mostly, I never approach women and now days men are the ones pinned to making the first move.

0|0
    0|0
  • A, B, C, D to an extent, F but PTSD, and frankly I know it sounds so arrogant and conceded, but 98% of the women these days that are my age aren’t good enough looking anymore in most cases and the younger ones simply aren’t good enough for me.

0|1
    1|0
  • Lots of reasons. I'm insecure, got anxiety, don't trust anyone, and prefer being alone because it's my safe zone. Forever Alone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Since second wife died , got a good female friend , we see each other when she is in the country , but nothing too serious in the loving way. I think she wants to take it further but no , I have been there twice not again, too stressful. I enjoy my nights on my own , company is great but nice to spend time doing things I like doing …..

0|0
    0|0
  • They're not as glamourous as they used to be.

I say that knowing full well that I crave affection, acceptance, security, trust, and, Nature knows, sex, but things aren't as vibrant to me anymore.

So up goes a wall to fence in and ultimately starve out my emotional/psychological/physical needs.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a combination of two things. The first being that I'm not at a point in my life where I'm very desirable to women. The second reason is that I am choosing to remain single until I feel I have done what I need to do to become desirable.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wrote a whole MyTake about it 4 Reasons Why I Don't Need A Girlfriend ↗

0|1
    0|0
  • Introvert in a world that hates introvert men.

If the perfect girlfriend walked into the room there is a 90% chance I wouldn't even attempt to ask her out.

I just wish it was more normal/ common for women to ask guys out about a 50/50 split.

0|1
    0|1
  • Times that I have been single it has been due to anxiety, depression and other issues. My head wasn't in the right place to be worried about meeting someone so I just didn't try.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know if I can pin it on myself but longest relationship going 2 years, must be a problem with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1.) The girls I try to date either curb me or get weird on me.
    2.) Anxiety and depression puts me on pause from meeting new ones sooner than I would like.
    3.) See reasons 1 and 2.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm an introvert in an extravert world, have been insecure with anxiety and depression and had trouble knowing exactly what to do for a perfect career.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, ever since a very nasty breakup, I just cannot seem to get emotionally attached to new people anymore. As a result, I can’t make friends in general.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm unattractive, I don't approach, I'm not social, and I like Math (every girl finds that a turn off for some reason).

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 83

• Not attractive plus guys my age don't know how to be faithful.

2|0
    0|0
  • I’m not single now... but if I was, it’s because I’m a hot mess and I’m really difficult.

2|0
    0|0
    • You’re definitely extra.

• Show All
    • Your safe word is “keep going”. I’m glad you ditched the spiked dog collar.

• Yeah that’s it. I kept thinking “help... please... someone call and ambulance was it... but thanks for reminding me.

You got a great sense of humor by the way.

Maybe I’ll masturbate over you in a little bit.

Oh damn it. Thats right I’m curmudgeon for the change today not perv.

• Jessica Rabbit has been my Idol my whole life.
    There's 1

2|1
    0|0
    • Did you know that Jessica Rabbit was based on 1940s actress Veronica Lake?

• A combination of lack of confidence, shyness and busy schedule.
    I don't let a lot of people in and if I do find a guy that likes me, I always end it or find flaws in him in order to avoid him getting to know me and confirming that my insecurities are real, not just thoughts I make up in my head.
    Also very busy with school. I also don't go out to places where a lot of people my age seem to meet (clubs, parties)

1|0
    0|0
  • I voted Other. I don't think there's anything wrong with me, I just haven't found the right person yet who I am genuinely compatible with. Hopefully I will find that person at some point in the future though.

2|1
    0|0
  • Truthfully I think there's a bunch of factors contributing to my single status... the first being the last relationship I was in was a massive hit to my confidence and self esteem levels. The second being I'm too busy lately to actually have time to get to meet people... (I'm literally work, studies, sleep) and third... I'm just not interested in anyone around me and truthfully I don't think I will be for a very very long time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was single up until i was 24 just because I never felt a strong need for a relationship, my time and thoughts were taken up by school work and family. When school was done and i moved away from family, my life had a strong loneliness. I needed to fill my void of loneliness, so i sought out to find the one. Now I have been in a relationship for over 9 years: )

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't really know if I feel loneliness but I definitely feel a void now looking back at all the girls I stood up or rejected ya know I feel like filling that void is a big deal now.

• @NightOwl2019 yeah, for me when the pain of loneliness was there, i had to do something. I tried dating all the singles at church, all my friends single brothers and single friends, online dating... i just said yes to everyone who was interested in dating me to fill my void until I found the one and committed.

• Because who I like doesn´t like me and who likes me I don´t like them back, also I need lots of attention and fear of being heartbroken and autosabotage everything good I have because I am stupid as fuck :)

2|0
    0|0
  • I’m single because I have no good reason to be in or want a relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Other is because it’s a fine interplay of many factors and one being how opinionated guys are. I’ve consistently found it hard these days at least to feel joy in trivial flirting let alone conversations with guys, solely because they give off vibes that you are under their personal microscopic, dissected even for trivial things.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have to work on some issues that I found out lately.
    So the relationship ended and i am cool with it.

being single is not too bad. been there and enjoy it... once ready, i bring my happy self to meet new people and share the love i have

0|0
    0|0
  • Several reasons.
    I'm not one for going out so don't have the opportunity to meet people.
    When I do meet someone either I instantly realise they are not for me or I like them and end up screwing things up.
    Also I don't know how to date, I was in a relationship for 8.5 years therefore not been on the dating scene since I was 19, and now I've been single 2.5years so clearly not caught up.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m single because I’m very quiet & don’t socialize as much. Once people get to know me though I’m really a great person. I’m trying to be more social though.

0|0
    0|0
  • -Don't get out much
    -Used to be way more anxious
    -I didn't put a lot of effort into my appearance but at the same time didn't look bad
    -at one point, I didn't feel that great about myself
    -I figured no one was ever interested in me

4 of those things have changed but now my main issue would be inexperience

0|0
    0|0
  • Both insecurity and not being very social. Kinda hard to meet people when you're not.

1|0
    0|0
  • im not single but when I was, it was a choice. I love the single life, so it took someone very special to make me wanna change that haha

1|0
    0|0
  • By choice along with I haven’t had a stable relationship. Soooo. I need to step out the game and just work on my own shit.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mix out of my choice, too much drama and also not meeting someone who is worth it

1|0
    0|0
  • The last ones haven't been kind to me and now am just being selfish... doing what I love and working on myself everyday

0|1
    0|0
  • The idea of being in a relationship feels very burdensome, I really don't want to deal with the problems people have when being a couple.

1|0
    0|0
  • His career.. I respect him that much that I've got to let him do his thing.. He knows I care and will always support him though.

0|0
    2|0
  • I know there are guys that have crush on me but I just ignore them because deep down inside I'm insecure and hate being hurt in the relationships. I know that's a terrible move.😒

0|0
    0|0
  • I am in no rush to date and all of the guys who ask me out just want to have sex with me or are stringing along girls. (I’m saving myself for marriage)

0|0
    0|0
  • Mines a bit of a mixed reason.
    It’s based around past experience and knowing that I don’t really need anyone but myself

0|0
    0|0
  • Been there tried that several times too much drama, too much stress and heart ache, don't wanna try again

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't be bothered to date and make useless conversation with people.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a med student and I have no time for dating a lot!

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm kinda insecure, people also think I'm a weird rude bitch. But I'm a very shy person...

1|0
    0|0
  • It’s kind of my fault because i am only attracted to white boys but only black guys like me and also i am a very anxious person

0|0
    0|0
  • Because of anxiety, and I honestly think I can not have a healthy relationship.

So I don’t bother.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes