Would you date a cigarette smoker even if the person was attractive?

Ok so I might have been mean about it but we were on a date and I can say he’s super attractive But I didn’t know he smoked cigarettes so literally after he smoked he tried to lean in and kiss me and I pulled away because ughh I can’t it’s gross and I don’t want to taste that. Since then we’ve talked as friends but I’m not interested due to his habit it’s a turn off to me.
Wasn’t really expecting this question to blow up and I haven’t read everything yet but thanks guys

6994

Most Helpful Guys

• I hear you on that a girl im friends with likes me and i hung out with her well she was trying to act cute but she was smoking and kept blowing it right in my face needless to say it had the complete opposite effect

• Gross I don't know why girls think that’s cute but whatever floats your boat

• Yeah it bugged me so much

• It is nasty, very nasty. I made the mistake once of kissing someone right after a smoke and I was completely turned off immediately. It was like licking an ashtray! However, while I strongly prefer not to date a smoker, I think I would if I liked them enough. Not necessarily a "deal breaker". But we'd have to work some things out for sure, first, we'd never kiss right after a smoke, ever!! lol But I also wouldn't want it in my house either if we lived together, so? It would depend on a lot of things and if we could compromise on them or not?

• Yea I wasn’t kissing him lol and well that’s good! I think it makes my dealbreaker list I also have asthma so I already can barely breathe lol

• I'm allergic to it, so it's very close to a deal breaker for me also. But like I say, if they were willing to compromise, depending how much we liked each other, maybe?

Most Helpful Girls

• I would not, even if he was the cutest, sexiest man alive. The same applies for a woman by the way.

If there is something I don't like, it is the smell of smoke on someone's clothes and breath. It seems that this smell is so strong that it impregnates everything, including the skin.

I try to live healthy and I just cannot see myself sharing my life with a smoker or someone doing drugs, even the "harmless" ones. Furthermore, even if a smoker quits smoking for me, which I would appreciate, the bill most like will come when I need my partner most.

Towards the evening of our common life, when lung cancer is diagnosed, this person I shared everything may have to leave me much quicker than I ever want to and then I pay the price for him/her leaving me when I need the person's support the most.

• Love your opinion! I agree

• Although I'm not a smoker myself, I feel it's too trivial a matter on which to decide whether someone is right for me. I also have bad habits.
    Everybody does. I don't think it says anything about the person's character. So if i'm attracted to them, then i don't see why it should stop me.

The important question is how that person feels about their smoking. Whether they acknowledge that it's not good for them and intend to make an effort to quit at some point. That attitude indicates character.

If they smell like smoke, you set boundaries. If they don't respect those boundaries, then it's a character thing again.

In my opinion, being dismissive without fine-tuning the reasons, feels a little stubborn and like the person is full of preconceptions about what's good and bad for them in a relationship (which seems a bit silly).

• I think it comes down to a deal breaker I respect your opinion though but I value my health and I just don’t like cigarettes or the smell it’s super simple