Do girls not like guys dating younger girls because younger girls see us as having higher value?

I've always noticed that girls--even my friends--hate when I date a much younger girl. I was dating a 17 yo last year, and two of my female friends raked me for it, just wouldn't let it go. I asked them why they seemed so mad about it, and they didn't really give a straight answer. But they acted like something was wrong with it, even though she was age of consent and really, really into me. I've started to believe that this happens because younger girls think older guys have much higher value than girls our own age see in us. Girls in their teens are crazy for me, whereas girls my age often try to act like I'm not all that special in their eyes. Plus, the younger girls I date are usually more attractive than the girls my age who are into me. It's easier to get a really attractive girl who's younger than one my age. This all leads me to think that maybe girls don't like guys dating younger because younger girls almost put us on a pedestal, that they value us more. This gives us more power in dating, and naturally girls don't want us to feel too powerful.
3d
To all the ghetto people posting on my question, save the lectures insinuating that I'm trying to run some sort of prostitution ring in the hood. I'm talking about dating for the normal reasons people date, companionship and sex, not for anything else.
1d
Thanks to everyone for helping me get clarity with this question. The raft of bitter and spiteful responses have confirmed to me that women are, in fact, very jealous and angry over men dating younger girls--irrationally so. As unpleasant as it was to interact with many of you, it has been helpful and eye-opening. Thank you.

13

Most Helpful Girls

• It's the fact that when we get older, we won't look as young. So then we're afraid our men will leave us for a younger woman.

• 10h

All these women disliking cause they know it's true

• It's just jealousy. Can I ask you, how do the female friends who disagreed with you dating this 17 yo compare to her in looks?

• 3d

The 17 yo I dated was much more attractive than my female friends. They are friends largely because I wasn't attracted to them when we first met in college.

• 3d

It depends on the individual. When I was 17, I felt like 10 and thought 26 y. old guys are old

• 3d

@gothgirl997 I know, some girls thought I was weird for not wanting to date the cute guys in our grade. They did nothing for me. I think I've always identified with older guys because I'm close to my older brothers and my dad.