Do girls not like guys dating younger girls because younger girls see us as having higher value?

I've always noticed that girls--even my friends--hate when I date a much younger girl. I was dating a 17 yo last year, and two of my female friends raked me for it, just wouldn't let it go. I asked them why they seemed so mad about it, and they didn't really give a straight answer. But they acted like something was wrong with it, even though she was age of consent and really, really into me. I've started to believe that this happens because younger girls think older guys have much higher value than girls our own age see in us. Girls in their teens are crazy for me, whereas girls my age often try to act like I'm not all that special in their eyes. Plus, the younger girls I date are usually more attractive than the girls my age who are into me. It's easier to get a really attractive girl who's younger than one my age. This all leads me to think that maybe girls don't like guys dating younger because younger girls almost put us on a pedestal, that they value us more. This gives us more power in dating, and naturally girls don't want us to feel too powerful.
Updates:
3d
To all the ghetto people posting on my question, save the lectures insinuating that I'm trying to run some sort of prostitution ring in the hood. I'm talking about dating for the normal reasons people date, companionship and sex, not for anything else.
1d
Thanks to everyone for helping me get clarity with this question. The raft of bitter and spiteful responses have confirmed to me that women are, in fact, very jealous and angry over men dating younger girls--irrationally so. As unpleasant as it was to interact with many of you, it has been helpful and eye-opening. Thank you.

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It's the fact that when we get older, we won't look as young. So then we're afraid our men will leave us for a younger woman.

2|0
    4|0
    • 10h

All these women disliking cause they know it's true

• It's just jealousy. Can I ask you, how do the female friends who disagreed with you dating this 17 yo compare to her in looks?

1|1
    3|0
    • 3d

The 17 yo I dated was much more attractive than my female friends. They are friends largely because I wasn't attracted to them when we first met in college.

• Show All
    • 3d

It depends on the individual. When I was 17, I felt like 10 and thought 26 y. old guys are old

• 3d

@gothgirl997 I know, some girls thought I was weird for not wanting to date the cute guys in our grade. They did nothing for me. I think I've always identified with older guys because I'm close to my older brothers and my dad.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• I think it has to do with various things:
    - There's the attractivity of the older guys. The older, but not by that much, allure of experience and shit. Young girls are more likely for it to be first love and shit. So more romantic. They think that if they break up with someone or someone doesn't like them back it's the end of the world. So no, they don't put you on a pedestal, they just think that your relantionship is EVERYTHING. Off course, it's not true but can you explain that to a lovesick teenager?
    - I get why your female friends don't like your behaviour. They might be of consent age but that age differnce is stil quite big. Not only that, but by the way you describe this girls' behaviour and by the things I stated above, I find them too imature to an actual relationship.
    - No, teen girls aren't prettier than girls your age. Sure, one or two might be but don't generalise. Most teengirls wear a heck lot of make-up. They're at an impressionable age and think that if they look bad it will be a blow on their social status. Girls your age are older and more knowledgeable, they care about looks but know that not looking 110% isn't the most important. They don't put you on a pedstal because they know that their actual important things are career, family and friends.

3|0
    0|1
    • 3d

The problem with dating within a very small age range is that you limit your choices. It's a very poor dating strategy. By my age, a lot of girls have let their bodies go as they focus more on career and finances. I work in a hospital, and most of the women there who are near my age are overweight and not physically fit. In all fairness, they work very hard, as do I, but they don't prioritize fitness in their lives. So why should I be forced to date a 26 yo who is 40 pounds overweight and stressed over money all the time when I can younger girls who are free from such issues? Women prefer older guys in any case, so it's a natural fit. I'm convinced more than ever by the answers here that girls are *very* jealous over this because they can't stand the idea of guys getting what we want in life in violation of how they think we should be forced to live.

• Show All
    • 3d

Sureeeee. Keep telling yourself that, might make you feel better.

• 3d

I shredded your arguments, and all you can say is "I'm done." Yeah, you are done.

• In your situation, no. I can see older women (35-40+) being jealous of younger women (under 30, over 18) as the value tends to shift at that point.
    In your situation though, I highly doubt there is any jealousy whatsoever and it’s more that people are judging you for dating a school girl when you’re “apparently” a fully functioning adult. There is something seriously wrong with an adult man dating a 17 year old girl, it’s predatory and in completely different life stages with very little overlap with someone with such little life experience. I’d judge the fuck out of someone I met like that too, I find it disgusting that someone can’t find a partner in their own age bracket so they prey on school teens to feel better about themselves 🤮

6|1
    1|2
    • 3d

I see the problem now based on this response. You and the girls in question are assigned your personal preferences to the actions of others as moral absolutes. How is it "predatory"? It's only so in your eyes, not in the eyes of the law or any real authority. This is why it smacks of bitterness and jealousy. You seem particularly bitter, admitting openly that you would "judge the fuck out of someone" for doing something that neither affects you nor violates any laws. That's pathetic, and it's even more pathetic that you would openly admit it, because it shows that you're proud of your bitterness and prejudices. There is a sense of entitlement in your words that is gross, that you believe someone what you think of someone else's relationship matters. You project all of your issues onto others in these sorts of judgments, and they reveal more about you than they do about anyone else.

• Show All
    • 3d

And you can keep telling yourself that you are an authority in the world who holds the right to judge others and determine how they should live their lives.

It's disgusting that you honestly think you have some right to tell others how they should live their lives when they are harming no one by their actions. A 17 year-old girl is *not* a child. The state doesn't think so and neither does the church. Are there 17 year-olds who are immature and not ready to date? Absolutely, and it's obvious as the nose on someone's face that they aren't. But there are other 17 year olds who are physically and mentally mature, socially skilled, and quite happy to date someone older and more mature than the boys in their age cohort. As far as people like you telling me that it's "wrong," you again show your delusion and your desire to control others by claiming that "everyone" is telling me that it's wrong. None of my male friends have told me that. Her parents didn't tell me that. Her older sister didn't tell me that. Several of my female friends didn't tell me that. So it's patently false to claim that everyone is telling me that I'm wrong, as though that should make some difference even if it were true. There are millions of people who think it's wrong for white girls to date black guys. So because millions think it's "wrong," does that mean white girls should listen to them? Shit no. It's no more wrong than me dating younger girls.

• 3d

17 year olds dating people within their age bracket, not adult men who get a hard on for just on legal kids creepo.
      If everyone said it was ok you wouldn’t be here asking and trying to justify what you’ve been told is unsavoury behaviour as “jealousy and bitterness”.
      Cultures change, it was ok to have child brides 150 years ago and in third world countries where there is no social guidance on the protection of those who don’t know better but here; we do and it is not ok for an adult man to prey on teenagers.
      I’m done here, you disgust me

• You maybe aren't that much of a valuable man in my opinion. I'm 18 years old and I've learned to stay tf away from "Older Men" attempting to date you. These men may have cars, places maybe even a little money. Guranteed however there's something definitely off about him and there's a reason why he's choosing to date more gulliable females.

5|0
    0|1
    • Exactly dude is delusional

• Show All
    • 3d

To be fair, everything about the way you write and present yourself betray the fact that you're from an underprivileged upbringing. I'm not bringing that up to shame you in any way, I'm bringing it up to point out to you that not everyone in the world lives and behaves like the people you see around you in the ghetto. Upper-middle-class girls don't approach dating as transactional. The 17 year-old girl I dated drove an Audi, so she had no need to be with a man for money or favors. She had her own money. She was with me for the same reasons I was with her, sex and companionship. It had nothing to do with seeking financial reward or manipulation on my part. In fact, she was the one who approached me at the gym.

• 3d

Oh, okay, so you're running multiple profiles. LOL yeah, that sounds right.

• We don’t think y’all have higher value lmaoo the girls probably dislike it because they think you are dating down too young.

5|0
    1|3
  • She’s 17! That’s why

3|0
    0|0
    • 3d

What does 17 have to do with anything? There is nothing inherently wrong about a 17 yo actively dating.

• Show All
    • 3d

Shut up dude

• 3d

Ghetto logic

• Lol no

1|0
    0|1
  • They are jealous.

0|0
    6|1
  • No wtf you are just disgusting and lame. You can’t even get women your own age why would women be jealous of that? Pedophile.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1d

You're jealous because you resent the fact that other people are having sex and enjoying life while no one is even asking you out.

• 1d

Why would I be jealous of an unattractive man getting used by teen girls for his money? Lmaoo and I have plenty of hoes thanks for asking.

• Thts fucking disgusting

6|0
    1|2
  • Maybe because a 17 y. old is a MINOR? Just saying.
    If you were 19 it would be fine but at 25 you're too old for that. You've been out of school for 8 years and she probably hasn't even graduated high school.
    Date anyone you want as long as they're 18+

3|0
    0|2
    • 3d

No, a 17 year-old is the age of consent in my state.

• Show All
    • 3d

Right.. I'm so upset that I'm gonna cry lmao

• 3d

I only pity the poor girl.. I hope she sees sense and dump the old man some day

• Your female friends are jealous. Maybe because they want you for themselves. Either way, the situation as a whole, is a pity.

1|1
    6|0
    • 3d

Why do you say it's a pity overall?

• Show All
    • 3d

You can't claim wisdom and use phrases like "spitting my game" at the same time. Either you're not as old and wise as you claim, or you're clueless enough to think that writing garbage like that makes you sound like a young person rather than an aging divorcee.

• 3d

Hahah ooooo that killed my ego😅
      Haha ya got me. I speak to you, like you speak. I know you get the slang. So I feel free to talk with you like that.

Recommended myTakes