Why are some guys persistent when the girl is clearly not interested?

I’ve experienced this many times, to the point I blatantly ignore males who will not back off.

For instance, one guy constantly kept ogling me whenever he saw me and repeatedly asking me to go to dinner with him (even after I made it clear that I have a boyfriend). So now when I see him, I completely ignore him. A few times he’s sat near me (if I’m on the local bus) with his whole body pointing towards me or like blocking the aisle of the bus so I can barely get past. It seems intentional to me.

Then, there’s another guy who I met at a bar literally four years ago and only talked to him a few times (like being polite when he approached me kinda thing). Haven’t seen the guy in four years and in the past year he’s sent me like countless messages on Facebook saying ‘hi Emma, how’s things?’ Or ‘are you going out tonight? x’ which is completely weird because we never were friends, merely acquaintances. I’ve repeatedly ignored his messages and not replied, and it baffles me as to why he still tries to reach out to me. After the second time I didn’t reply, surely he should know I’m not interested.

Is this intentional/deliberate behaviour from both of these guys? Are they deliberately being pushy or is it something else?
  • Sounds like these guys are being purposefully pushy and trying to make you uncomfortable.
  • Perhaps these guys are just clueless and have no idea what they’re doing.
  • This isn’t pushy behaviour.
    Vote C
  • Other...
    Vote D

213