Guys, If a guy says “she’s kinda cute” is that an insult?

I went out with two of my friends who are a couple and they introduced me to this male friend of theirs. I wasn’t even that interested but then me and the girl left and the two guys stayed behind. When her boyfriend met back up with us he said “Tim asked me about you and said to me “you’re friend over there, she’s kinda cute. What’s her story?”

Does he think I’m average? Not that cute? I’m used to guys saying she’s hot, pretty or even cute. But kinda cute?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• "Kinda cute" is guy code for saying that he's interested.

0|1
    0|0
  • He's being non-committal. He can't say "wow, she's gorgeous, or she's hot, what's her story" because that would sound like he's TOO interested. Stuff like "kinda cute, pretty, not bad, sort of attractive", etc, show some interest and continue the conversation. An insult would be " your friend over there... does the poor girl ever get asked out?" THAT'S an insult, sweetie.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are totally over thinking this.

The guy asked the other guy if you had a boyfriend or were looking to date, etc etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • That is far from an insult. It just means the guy thinks she's cute (in an attractive sense).

0|0
    0|0
  • It means he thinks you're kind of cute, but unsure of you.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's interested but doesn't want to come off strong

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he's a cool dude, not easily impressed.

0|0
    0|0
  • How the f is that an insult

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I guess I was hearing it as in “eh kinda cute, but not really”. Ya know?

• 5d

Not so much an insult he still thought you're cute

• No thats a good thing

0|0
    0|0
  • And when guys say how beautiful you are, do you think that they are desperate or clingy? Get over it! He indicated that he thinks your attractive. If you want to skip over him because he has sufficiently stroked your ego, you will be doing him a favor.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes