He decided to give his ex another (third to be exact) try. Do you think I’ll hear from him again?

This guy and I have been talking for a week. We had really hit it off, and he said he has grown a love towards me. He says he thinks very highly of me as well. However, he has decided to get back together with his ex. He said he still had feelings towards her, and they weren’t broken up long. He said that he feels like he needs to give her a third chance (apparently the relationship is very toxic, his words not mine) and he needs to see if she has changed since they’ve broke up. (He has initiated every break up between the two of them). I, in a way, understand that he needs to get his ex out of his system, for whatever reason. I have no doubt in my mind that they will eventually break up, being that people simply don’t change. From what I’ve heard from her, she is extremely immature and insensitive. He once said I was the complete opposite of her. He said he would contact me if things went south again and they completely break up. I’m not planning on sitting around waiting for this to happen, I will go ahead and date around and if I find someone then that’s great, if not then that’s fine too. But do you think he’ll contact me again? He’s been trying to reach out and be a friend towards me, being that he says he wants me in his life, but I turned him down to be friends. But will he contact me for something more when he’s ready like I’ve told him he should? Thoughts?

11