Is dating in middle school really as horrible as people say?

1512

Most Helpful Guys

• People cheat, whatever you do with them they will spread around (they tell their friends and then those friends tell their friends. It gets all over the school), it doesn't last, and it takes away from time you could have spent with your friends that will be with you for longer.
    Plus whoever you get involved with becomes friends with some of your friends and when you break up it also splits up your friend group because people choose sides.

Just going by what I have seen/heard from current/recent middle school students.

• Its somewhat pointless, i mean you can't drive, your brain isn't fully developed, and you will probably have better options in highschool.

Most Helpful Girls

• Kinda. I mean in middle school you've got new hormones and there's lots of experimenting. When middle schoolers are in relationships, they will break up and face certain emotional roadblocks, and they may not be ready for that yet. Sometimes the relationships are immature. I remember when I was in middle school, if u saw people holding hands, then that meant they were dating or if he gave her his jacket to wear. Lol the good 'ol days when things were simpler.

• There's nothing "horrible" about it. But most of the time it's a waste of time.