Is dating in middle school really as horrible as people say?

Is dating in middle school really as horrible as people say?

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• People cheat, whatever you do with them they will spread around (they tell their friends and then those friends tell their friends. It gets all over the school), it doesn't last, and it takes away from time you could have spent with your friends that will be with you for longer.
    Plus whoever you get involved with becomes friends with some of your friends and when you break up it also splits up your friend group because people choose sides.

Just going by what I have seen/heard from current/recent middle school students.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its somewhat pointless, i mean you can't drive, your brain isn't fully developed, and you will probably have better options in highschool.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Kinda. I mean in middle school you've got new hormones and there's lots of experimenting. When middle schoolers are in relationships, they will break up and face certain emotional roadblocks, and they may not be ready for that yet. Sometimes the relationships are immature. I remember when I was in middle school, if u saw people holding hands, then that meant they were dating or if he gave her his jacket to wear. Lol the good 'ol days when things were simpler.

0|2
    0|0
  • There's nothing "horrible" about it. But most of the time it's a waste of time.

0|2
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes it is, cause it ends quickly. Probably u too are not thinking of making it last longer just that minute enjoyment and you both are done. So what's the point?

0|1
    0|0
  • As someone who’s been through middle school, none of them lasted to high school not even the cutest couples and they all ended up heartbroken and stressed in their freshman year! I recommend not dating in middle school. You’re only there for so long, make the most of your friends, your classes, and your teachers, because before you know it, it’ll be over.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some relationships do last. I know of someone who was in middle school at age 14, she started dating someone and they are still together today (they are both 28 now).

I'm sure there are a few other relationships like that I can think of. They are just mature and ready for a long term relationship at that time, than good for them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Middle school relationships people are young and i think they
    need to know where the birds and bees come from i think the
    girl should be on birth control and the guy should be taught
    to use a condom but i think Middle school relationships are
    too young.

1|0
    1|0
  • Dating in general the younger you are is bad. Why? Because kids are still growing, emotionally and mentally (as well as physically). Getting confused by dating can throw your adult life out of wack because you rushed into something that is better equipped for stabilized adults.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep. 2 words - fucking drama. The smallest things turn into huge drama as a teenager and thats not a good time to date. It's like lighting a match in a house made of kindling.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's fine and boys are nice once they are not with their friends and it's just us. HS boys expect more and it's not like waiting for a middle school boy to make first move.

0|1
    1|0
    • You do not have the experience to know it's a terrible idea.

• .. Yes. I don't advocate dating at all until you reach mental maturity. Because you make horrible mistakes and or/ the relationships are most likely temporary and then regret it later

0|1
    0|0
  • It isn't real dating, usually won't last long, and typically means nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • its pointless, but inevitable. everybody for most part tries it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I had a boyfriend in 5th grade up untill 9th grade when I dumped him for my now ex husband

0|0
    1|0
  • Couldn't tell you, I couldn't get any girls to pay attention to me in middle school. Or through half of high school.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it was , in middle school that's the first time i been cheated on and was awful

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Will end in heart break

1|3
    0|0
  • It’s stupid and pointless. Don’t waste your time

0|2
    0|0
  • Even worse

1|0
    0|0
  • It's pointless even in high school

0|0
    0|0
  • I never heard it was bad I enjoyed teen sex

0|0
    1|0
  • I skipped that part, too late now

0|0
    0|0
  • No I had a lot of sex then with my girlfriend, her friends, her sister and some teachers

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. one of the other or maybe even both, don't know what they're doing

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes!!!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes