Would you continue a friends with benefits relationship with someone that didn’t want to take you on dates?

Would you continue with a friends with benefits arrangement with someone that didn’t want to take you on dates?

Not sure if I’m just not his type or if it’s his current situation (just starting to go through - divorce). So his life is pretty complicated right now. Mine isn’t much better.

I’m worried I’ll get too attached to him which is silly because I’m petrified of the thoughts of a relationship right now myself as I’ve just left my husband. But I do enjoy his company and the sex is great, as well as the post coital cuddles!

615

Most Helpful Guys

• You said:
    "I’m worried I’ll get too attached to him which is silly because I’m petrified of the thoughts of a relationship right now"

You're already attached to him. You show it by asking this question. I'm not trying to come off as rude, but it trips me out that women still want to be taken out when it is clear and made clear that the relationship is either a friends with benefits or a one night stand.

In my past, I have tried to have a few ONS with women I met online... and instead of jumping right to sex, they wanted to go out on a few dates, see if their was a connection and then have sex. That totally defeats the purpose of a ONS.

Anyway... it's the same concept of what you are doing. You want girlfriend benefits when you guys are just friends with benefits.

Would I continue a friends with benefits with someone who didn't want to go out on dates? YES! The point of a friends with benefits is to meet up, hang out a bit and fuck. If you want a date, go get a boyfriend.

• Yea I probably am too attached already.

Regarding the no dates before an ONS - it does defeat the purpose but I for one would struggle to sleep with someone if there’s no chemistry or mental connection. The sex just wouldn’t be so good

• Simple
    U have get attached

• Yea I probably have got attached. Can’t help it I guess when you’re seeing someone and being so close to them

• I kinda feel like I need him in my life right now to help me get over whatever it is that I’m getting over. Maybe he’s the same 🤷🏼‍♀️ who knows I guess

• Yea but it is damaging yourself, but its the consequences, so take responsibility and go through it

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not a friends with benefits kinda girl and I have a man but as I understand it the whole friends with benefits thing is about casual sex which means no dating, no fancy dinners, no gifts, no relationship and above all no future. So if you start going on dates you are not continuing a friends with benefits relationship anymore.
    I would be careful with the attachment part because I have some friends who got attached to their friends with benefits only for the guy to start serious relationships with other women and my friends were basically dropped very casually with "we can't see each other anymore as I'm seeing this amazing girl that I really like". Which seems rough but then they were in friends with benefits relationships that were meant to be short term.
    friends with benefits seem modern and liberating for Women who just want a bit of no strings casual sex but it always seems that women are always the ones that get hurt in friends with benefits relationships.