Would you stay with your current partner if they went to jail or prison during your relationship?

I'm assuming if they were in jail or prison beforehand then it doesn't bother you that they have been previously. At least, it doesn't bother you enough to leave.

But if you were in a relationship and found out right now that your partner is going to jail or prison, would you stay with them or leave?
  • I'd leave.
  • I'd leave if they were going to prison, but I would stay if they were going to jail.
  • It depends on how long they would be gone.
    Vote C
  • It depends on why they were going to jail or prison.
    Vote D
  • I would stay if I don't believe they did anything wrong.
    Vote E
  • I would stay no matter what.
    Vote F
  • More than one of these
    Vote G

2728

Most Helpful Guys

• This all depends for me. I would stay longs if it wasn't a rape crime or murder of a child.
    Reasons why i would stay otherwise cause i am kinda of soicopath so any of the other crimes done i wouldn't care about if it hurt someone or not.

All that would matter to me is her tbh cause i am very loyal to people i like nevermind been with.

And of course i would know maybe she did something that in my mind is wrong. But i wouldn't mind.

Also there are still more variables like time amount, or crime actaully done and reason why, and lots of other things i probably haven't thought of.

So probably but it would have to happen for me to know the variables.

• You can go to prison for some stupid reasons, especially in my country, so it really depends why they're in jail. Did they rape someone or make a joke on twitter that someone decided to get offended by? One is a real, serious crime, the other is a joke that apparently warrants being arrested.

Most Helpful Girls

• I thought jail and prison was the same thing? At least it is where I'm from.

Initially, I thought I'd leave, but that would be if I had not long started dating them and they went to jail, whatever they did. If I'd been with a guy for some years and he had to go to prison for something menial and for a couple of months, then I would probably stay with them. If it was a year or more and the crime was quite bad (drug dealing for example), then I would leave.

• If we were only "dating", I probably wouldn't stay period. I would only stay for something EXTREMELY minor. If we were married, I would tolerate more, but it would all depend on what they were in jail/prison for.

My brother has served a very long sentence and I am very hesitant to go through something like that again...