Would you stay with your current partner if they went to jail or prison during your relationship?

Would you stay with your current partner if they went to jail or prison during your relationship?
I'm assuming if they were in jail or prison beforehand then it doesn't bother you that they have been previously. At least, it doesn't bother you enough to leave.

But if you were in a relationship and found out right now that your partner is going to jail or prison, would you stay with them or leave?
  • I'd leave.
    Vote A
  • I'd leave if they were going to prison, but I would stay if they were going to jail.
    Vote B
  • It depends on how long they would be gone.
    Vote C
  • It depends on why they were going to jail or prison.
    Vote D
  • I would stay if I don't believe they did anything wrong.
    Vote E
  • I would stay no matter what.
    Vote F
  • More than one of these
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• This all depends for me. I would stay longs if it wasn't a rape crime or murder of a child.
    Reasons why i would stay otherwise cause i am kinda of soicopath so any of the other crimes done i wouldn't care about if it hurt someone or not.

All that would matter to me is her tbh cause i am very loyal to people i like nevermind been with.

And of course i would know maybe she did something that in my mind is wrong. But i wouldn't mind.

Also there are still more variables like time amount, or crime actaully done and reason why, and lots of other things i probably haven't thought of.

So probably but it would have to happen for me to know the variables.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can go to prison for some stupid reasons, especially in my country, so it really depends why they're in jail. Did they rape someone or make a joke on twitter that someone decided to get offended by? One is a real, serious crime, the other is a joke that apparently warrants being arrested.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I thought jail and prison was the same thing? At least it is where I'm from.

Initially, I thought I'd leave, but that would be if I had not long started dating them and they went to jail, whatever they did. If I'd been with a guy for some years and he had to go to prison for something menial and for a couple of months, then I would probably stay with them. If it was a year or more and the crime was quite bad (drug dealing for example), then I would leave.

0|0
    0|0
  • If we were only "dating", I probably wouldn't stay period. I would only stay for something EXTREMELY minor. If we were married, I would tolerate more, but it would all depend on what they were in jail/prison for.

My brother has served a very long sentence and I am very hesitant to go through something like that again...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'd stay if I believe they're innocent

0|0
    0|0
  • If he was jailed wrongly, i will stay.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what she did and why she did it. She can be arrested for murder but if I find out she did it because they tried to kill a fa, ily member or something then I’d stay. Obviously for things such as pedophilia there’s no excuse and I’d leave unless there was sufficient reason to believe the allegations were false but for something like assault or GBH it would all depend on the why.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is a good chance I would leave. What did they do?
    How long in jail?
    Strip searches, communal showering... prison sex and romances... I don't think I could ever shake the "what went on while she was in there" stuff and I'd leave.

1|0
    0|0
  • There are so many variables here.. how serious is our relationship , have they been in prison before - was I aware of that , why are they in prison now. But generally speaking I don’t think I could stay in s relationship with someone in prison regardless of term.. assuming they were guilty of the crime I’d have to believe that if they don’t respect themselves enough to try and stay out of prison then they don’t deserve me

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on several factors. Are we married or engaged, or just dating? What is the crime? What is the length of incarceration? There is a massive difference between dating someone for a short time and she gets arrested and then convicted for a major crime, and being married or engaged and she gets 30 days for some stupid oversight that led to a bench warrant for failure to appear.

1|0
    0|0
  • If they were innocent, yes.
    If we have kids, yes.
    If they’ll be there for less than a year, yes.
    Anything more, no.

2|0
    0|0
  • If I know that he is innocent and he didn't do something very serious & dangerous that got him go to jail then I'd stay. If I love him very much I'd stay and support him and make sure that he doesn't feel lonely. If he killed someone then I'd definitely leave because I won't look at him the same anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is easy to make a theoretical statement here. But reality, when it strikes, may look different. One of my Ex''s once went to jail for two years (no idea why - she does not talk about it). I failed to remain faithful and moved on. But gave her a visit a couple of times.
    She has a lovely and warm personality, and from what I learned since then, I'd now stick with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends if i find there prison sentence just or not.
    Lets say i date a girl from the UK and she gets arrested for hate speech, ofcourse i would stay.
    But if she is an actual criminal without me knowing then ill dump her on the spot.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would stay if it was only for like up to a year and they hadn’t actually done something wrong, or if it was a tooootally romantic reason then maybe a few years loll but if they did something bad or was for a long time I wouldn't

0|0
    0|0
  • Having been to prison from what u was able to see and hear about half of the mens gf's or wives stayed with them and visited (granted most were not faithful) I went to prison for a DUI causing substantial bodily harm I was given 6-20 years for it. Sadly my girl dident want to stay with me.
    Jail (under a year time just a Misdemeanor) prison (anything over a year felony) (at least in nevada)

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the crime and how long they will be locked up.

People can go to jail for having a little bit of cannabis. A little bit of pot wouldn't be enough for me to dump her. But if she murders someone and pulls their intestines out through their butt I think it's best to break up at that point.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if it was something they did like 10 years ago. Not everyone has a perfect past. But it would have to be something where maybe they were falsely accused... maybe or very minor.

0|0
    0|0
  • That really depends on what they did. Is it something I would do that. Like illegal downloading from music, movies, tv shows or illegal copying a dvd I would even visit them in jail. Everything serious like rape, murder and robbery I would leave them

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, if they were innocent or didn't do something very wrong it would stay, but that it depends on the length on the sentence. I wouldn't wait more than 2 years, maybe 4 or 5 if we had kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on why they're going to prison. I definitely wouldn't leave if I thought they didn't do anything wrong. Wouldn't matter how long I have to wait. I'd stay faithful.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I really love the guy and it wasn't anything crazy or creepy I'd stay but not if it was a sexual abuse conviction murder etc

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, it's a tough one but if they lied about it then I'd leave her. If she was honest about it then I'd stay and support her. Through thick and thin. I'd expect my partner to wait for me if I was honest from the start.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how long he went to jail for. And the crime he committed

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on why they were going to jail or prison.
    or
    I would stay if I don't believe they did anything wrong.
    Depends how the person generally is.

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends on the reason. In my country a lot of innocent people could go to jail because you offended the wrong person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I went to jail and the next day I went out to drink at a bar. I told a girl that and her panties were on my floor that night.

1|0
    1|0
  • If it was a case of mistaken identity, then I would stay with them as long as the feelings endured. If it wasn't a case of mistaken identity, then to hell with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I will be getting married soon and I would stay if my partner was behind bars

In my state, I am allow to have sex with her in prison if we are married

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the reason I guess but I wouldn't really want to be in a relationship with a criminal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the crime. If it was murder or anything violent that was intentional than nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bye bye. I don’t want my kids to have a criminal for a father.

0|1
    0|0
  • That depends on how long we've been together, how long of a sentence she receives or what kind of a crime she committed.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on why they went and when they would get out

0|0
    0|0
    • What's the longest you wait if you decided to stay with him

• Show All
    • @bklynbadboy1 hopefully they wouldn’t continue to pursue me

• @Trust me they will. I don't that well but your the type of woman thats not easy to give up

• Obviously has to depend on what they did but I would be faithful if it wasn't all bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on why they have to be in prison and how long they are gonna be there.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how long they'd be gone and why they went there.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on why they went to prison. I won't date a criminal.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would never be in this situation. I like the squeaky clean type.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would stay, find out what happened and find a way to help

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on time and reason

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how long they would be gone.

0|0
    0|0
  • would probably leave

0|0
    0|0
  • C and D.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on why and how long.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would totally depend on what for for me.

0|0
    0|1
  • Depends on what they went to jail for

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d wait for em

0|0
    0|0
  • No criminal record is the best

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are the ones leaving me by going to jail

0|0
    0|0
  • For the most part, it'd depend on what she did.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on why they went to jail.

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes