How to go from a dating app to friendship?

I met this guy on a dating app. So far we have gone on two dates and I like him, but more as a friend than anything else. He is really cool and easy to talk to. We were able to talk about some deep things, but I usually don't open up about those things. I don't think he is very into me, but I still want to see him even just as friends. It's just weird for me because we met on a dating app. How do I tell him I want to hang out as a friend and not for a date? I feel like this whole situation is awkward lol. I just rarely open up to people. (He also opened up to me and told me some things about his brothers and how his parents divorced affected them, etc.)

411

Most Helpful Guys

• If you are not at all attracted to him, you should be honest with him. However, I must say that questions like this always perplex guys. Girls frequently say "let's just start as friends and see where it goes," or "I want my romantic partner to be my best friend," So along comes a guy and you see a potential for a great friendship so you automatically cross him off the list of potential romantic interests.

• I guess it should not be weird if you met on a dating app and just want to be friends I guess its a good sign that you are clear about your path and you want to be friends with him so yeah I would say just talk with him and convey him your idea if being friends thats is I dont think there is any chance he will respond negatively.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be honest and upfront, and that will save a lot of trouble down the line. You don't want attachment to grow if someone has any thoughts of it being more than just friends