How to go from a dating app to friendship?

I met this guy on a dating app. So far we have gone on two dates and I like him, but more as a friend than anything else. He is really cool and easy to talk to. We were able to talk about some deep things, but I usually don't open up about those things. I don't think he is very into me, but I still want to see him even just as friends. It's just weird for me because we met on a dating app. How do I tell him I want to hang out as a friend and not for a date? I feel like this whole situation is awkward lol. I just rarely open up to people. (He also opened up to me and told me some things about his brothers and how his parents divorced affected them, etc.)

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• If you are not at all attracted to him, you should be honest with him. However, I must say that questions like this always perplex guys. Girls frequently say "let's just start as friends and see where it goes," or "I want my romantic partner to be my best friend," So along comes a guy and you see a potential for a great friendship so you automatically cross him off the list of potential romantic interests.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess it should not be weird if you met on a dating app and just want to be friends I guess its a good sign that you are clear about your path and you want to be friends with him so yeah I would say just talk with him and convey him your idea if being friends thats is I dont think there is any chance he will respond negatively.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be honest and upfront, and that will save a lot of trouble down the line. You don't want attachment to grow if someone has any thoughts of it being more than just friends

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Be upfront. If he is a standup guy, he'll appreciate your honesty and understand that it's still a compliment to him.

1|1
    0|0
  • Definitely communicate with him how you feel about him, and be positive yet specific. Try to avoid "shutting him down" and tell him how much you enjoy his company and you want him in your life.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's easy and there's nothing
    at all with liking someone as
    a friend... Don't know wtf the
    majority of our horny ass
    society thinks by implying,
    if you ain't trying to bone
    then you're friend zoned.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him the truth about how you feel. Don’t chicken out and end up leading him on. That would be worse.

0|3
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter where you met, just how you feel now. Next time you guys have a date (or talking), just say this exactly like you have here. Directly. "I want to say, just so we're on the same page that I really enjoy your company and really want to be friends, but at the moment I'm not interested in a relationship, are you ok with that?" Or something similar. You say you find him easy to talk to, so this shouldn't be too hard to say then. He'll likely appreciate the honesty and knowing where you stand. I would.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him straight up you wanna be friends. If he can’t respect that? Then he ain’t your friend

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him exactly that... I'd rather just be your friend.

0|1
    0|0
  • So do you want to be friends because you don't think he's interested in you or because you're not interested in him?

0|0
    0|0
    • Well I like him, but not in a romantic way. I don't think he's interested in dating me or he doesn't seemed to act that way. I think we could be good friends though.

• Tell him straight up. Don't lead him on for ages letting him think that you're into him.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dating apps are not made for friendship

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t recommend it

0|0
    0|0
  • l dont use them

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes