How can I get more luck from dating apps?

So I've used quite a few dating apps (tinder, bumble, badoo, plenty of fish and okcupid) and I've had some success (my ex was from okcupid) but I don't seem to get that many matches or messages back especially on the more casual apps like bumble or badoo.

I have a variety of photos, some with company most just selfies. I have a bio which is appropriately long for whichever app I'm using. If they have a bio I read it and try and send them a compelling first message (normally quite hard to do). But I just don't get many likes or responses back (for bumble I've had 1 for example).

If it's a looks issue then there's little I can really do. So what can I do to get more matches?
Am I the only one that feels like they're "shouting into the void"?

Girls do you have this problem too or is it the opposite? Do you feel like you have to wade through an ocean of dick pics?

98

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the reason that happens is because (for me at least) a lot of guys message so the woman has like 100+ dudes to pick from and when I get loads of messages I only reply to ones that stand out instead of the typical "hi, how are you" also i reply to the hottest ones and at the end i ignore all cause too many messages gets annoying and I just end up deleting the app