Would you date someone if they had no passion in life?

I have no passion in life and I have no idea what to do. I have a job, but I hate it and it pays almost nothing. Would you date someone if they had no passion? Or should I just give up?Would you date someone if they had no passion in life?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Alright, I've heard it enough times. Stop playing the "you have plenty of time" card. I have a chronic illness that cuts my lifespan in half.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I think your feelings are the same as many males from your age group. You’ve all been left behind. Society doesn’t care about men and the males your age were raised and treated in school as if you’re defective girls. Your generation is also the fatherless generation. So many born out of wedlock or with absent fathers due to divorce and other reasons. I’d suggest joining the military if you’re able. It will give you a job, training, money for college as well as drive, self discipline and direction. Plus girls love a man in uniform.

0|0
    0|0
    • I can't join the military due to a chronic respiratory illness

• Ok. Then you need to learn a skill. Like carpentry or diesel mechanics or perhaps something in the medical field. I would not recommend going to college for the types of majors traditionally engaged in but rather Learning a trade. More blue collar than white collar.

Ultimately you need to get moving on things or you’ll always be in the situation you’re in. I know it’s not easy but you can do it. You just have to work real hard.

• Updates:
    3d
    Alright, I've heard it enough times. Stop playing the "you have plenty of time" card. I have a chronic illness that cuts my lifespan in half.

then quit wasting time get ya shit together, only way you will ever be happy stop procrastinating

0|0
    0|0
    • They won't let me do any of the jobs I wanted because in their minds, I couldn't possibly do them with my illness, so I'm not even allowed to try.

• Show All
    • The issue is that it's a tough equation to figure out, and 99% of the "advice" I get is to go to college.

• goodluck man and ty

Most Helpful Girls

• I answered no, just because I am incredibly passionate and career oriented. It has cost me relationships too actually. 😂 so if men have the right to break my heart because they would rather go for a stay-at-home-mom, I'm willing to turn a man down who doesn't share my mindset!

0|0
    0|0
  • I said yes but I wouldn't date a guy that is always feeling sorry for himself. I would date a guy that has no passion but is happy around me and is positive about things. I would like him to maybe find a hobby so he isn't too clingy though. So yeah I would.

2|0
    0|0
    • I'm good at hiding my pain around people, but obviously I have to come back to reality at some point.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You need someone docile in your life.

0|0
    0|1
  • i'm not sure i could. there is, however, a difference between no set passion, and actively/passively searching for one. while i don't mind if my partner were still figuring it out (profession or otherwise), i'd rather have that than the person having no ambition in life. how is one able to live with no purpose in life?

2|0
    0|1
  • I also lack passion in my life due to an illness. I can say I wouldn't judge someone for feeling lackluster or indifference as long as I felt they put some effort into enjoying time with me. I don't think we're defined by what we do or don't do as far as career/job/passion is concerned. I think what really matters is whether or not you're a good person.

1|2
    0|0
  • Well if they dated you they might become your passion in life so personally speaking no because I’m straight but I don’t think you should give up because love might bring that meaning and purpose to your life that you’re looking for.

Best of luck, don’t give up. You’re still young, enjoy it while it lasts and go to a club or something every now and then while you can still get up and dance

0|0
    0|0
  • don't give up. find your passion. it doesn't have to be your work but it'll feed your soul

1|0
    0|0
  • You have plenty of time to find passion.

I struggle with pretty bad depression but it's not stopping me from going to trade school. I feel worthless most days, but I know one day I'll feel rich when I start a family and finish grade school.
    Never give up, the human mind, body and soul is tougher than anything in this damn world.
    You don't need to have passion in the moment, you need to have passion for the future, focus on what you want out of life and start working towards it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have about half the time that a normal person has.

• I have a friend who probably won't live past 40 because she was born with a heart defect and is on a very long waiting list for donors, yet she found passion. She loves to make things, she customizes nerd guns, makes miniature battle scenes with custom made transformers and even dresses up her car at car shows with custom nerf guns mounted on it and even won awards for her car.

Time is irrelevant when it comes to being passionate. When you feel passion towards something, half a life can feel more fulfilling than a 100 years

• follow your passion
    follow your dreams

its all bullshit :)
    if u dont get lucky u can't follow that :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Ehhh... People who are like this often sit on their ass all day and seem like people with no energy. I personally don't understand why some people find it so hard to have something that they like and go after it.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I don't have passion in life why would I date someone with no passion? I need someone to complete me or to motivate me if u have no passion I won't find that attractive.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly no. I couldn’t date someone that constantly feels bad for themself. Gets you nowhere.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not. I hadn't thought about this before, but that is a BIG turn off.

0|0
    0|0
  • Their passion can literally be tits. It just has to be something.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah because most people work shitty jobs for shitty pay but things can change.

0|0
    0|0
  • Find your passion before you worry about dating that's what I say

0|0
    0|0
    • How? I literally have nothing

• You said you hate your job. Try to find some other job, and broaden your horizons. There's always something that makes one passionate

• Chronic illness it s no joke. I so not have a chronic illness and I do not know when I am going to die. I could die any second today or live another 77 years 3 months 6 days 4 hours 51 minutes 19 seconds. I choose to make the best of the time I do get. Make the best of every moment you do get instead of constantly playing the poor me feel sorry for me card. I have known or know people who have had multiple heart attacks, had a stroke, had or have cancer, have PTSD, are confined to a wheel chair, been shot multiple times, have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, have Multiple Sclerosis, have AIDS, are blind, are deaf, etc that have all found passion in their lives. What is your excuse for claiming that there is nothing for you to be passionate about?

0|0
    0|0
  • No. You should NOT. give up!!

0|0
    0|1
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Quit choosing to be a victim. Job #1 for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I could help them find it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes l would

0|0
    0|0
  • Not my cup of tea, but there are many who don't...

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly? No. But I’m older. You have plenty of time yet.

0|0
    0|1
    • Read the update...

• Show All
    • Nothing that's fulfilling to me

• Yep. That must suck for you. Okay.

• just go out and date.
    You’ll ALWAYS see people here preaching like “I go for personality “ or “having passions is sexy” when the reality is they only just say that

If a hot guy came along with neither of those than those standards wouldn’t mean shit.

Big world out there, not any one person nor the results of the poll can change the fact that some people don’t care what you have, anyone can still like you

0|0
    0|0
    • But they won't like me once a guy without any of those negatives inevitably comes along.

• Passion begins with passion... find one for life itself and other stuff may just follow. Most of us obsess about what to do... but we forget who to be. You just said 'I have a job, but I hate it and it pays almost nothing.'

When you learn to see abundance, within that job that you hate, and that 'pays almost nothing' you might find something beautiful. Have you ever asked yourself why you only focus on the negative about your job?

When you are focusing excessively on how bad something is, you miss anything that may be good about it, particularly in the present moment.

A new job is less important than a new way of thinking, being, and seeing life.

Keep an open mind and try reading the book 'The Power Of Now' by Ehart Tolle.

You don't need to have a passion in life... so much as you need to have a passion for life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I said no because im scared that our relationship will become your greatest passion, while it won't be mine, which is always a very shitty situation

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes