What are your Dating Goals for 2019?

What are your Dating Goals for 2019?
  • Find a boyfriend/girlfriend
  • Get married
  • Netflix, Oreos, and Sweatpants... I am done with dating
    Vote C
  • Get divorced
    Vote D
  • Going MGTOW/WGTOW
    Vote E

86127

Most Helpful Guys

• Just like the previous years, I had long decided to remain single indefinitely, although I don't have time for netflix, rarely eat oreos, if ever, and rarely ever wear sweatpants. And going mgtow doesn't exactly make sense since I'm not blaming the other gender for it, as most seem to be when they follow that crowd and associate with that label, in which I don't fit with. I just don't like this reality, world, of how absurd it all really is, also don't see the point of dating anybody at all since I don't ever want to marry or have children, not that it means that should always be the end goal, I just don't feel dating, relationships, etc. matters or see the point in doing so at all for so long, so what's the point? It doesn't guarantee me any "happiness" or "fulfillment", it's not going to fix my deep deep existential unhappiness and unhappy with the way how this reality really is type of issues. So really what is the point at all? And just because and even if I did find somebody that also did not ever want to marry and did not want any children of their own, that still does not automatically mean that they are a "perfect fit" or is guaranteed or absolutely the "right" person for me. So what is the point of me even dating or looking for anybody to date at all?

• "I just don't feel dating, relationships, etc. matters or see the point in doing so at all for so long, so what's the point?" You make damn good sense! Some people feel like dating, getting married, or just having kids is a requirement for humans or to thrive. No, it's NOT. There are people that are in relationships or married that are absolutely miserable because they settled to avoid being alone.

Then you have people that are single and are happier than most people in relationships because they KNOW what they want in life, reach for it, and don't rely on a partner or hunting for someone that they may never find as a means of happiness.
      Ultimately we make our own happiness- and as I've said many times before, if you're not happy alone, you sure as hell won't be happy in a relationship. It's just a bandaid to your other problems.

• I don't officially have a real plan. Most of my money so far is going towards self-improvement, so I don't know how much will be left for dating. If things somehow take off, I'd simply like to find a girlfriend. That's not likely, though.

I have been looking at the stuff behind MGTOW, and while I'm not fully invested, there are a lot of things that make sense. I don't see myself officially "committing" to it (some of those guys sound VERY bitter), but I do think there are a lot of hurdles that would have to be knocked down before I'd be super invested in something long term. I think that most of the things I'd want not too many women would go for - like prenups.

So while nothing is really "planned", I'm less and less interested in jumping into marriage at all, and more and more interested in just giving up and working on things I want outside of dating. I hate the idea of being perpetually single, and it's lonely as hell, but I don't see much happening any time soon. Maybe there will be a time where I just give up on women and distract myself completely with work and video games.

Most Helpful Girls

• C. Only change out the Netflix and oreos, to barbells and protein shakes!

I'm going to work on getting a fit and sexy body- not for a man, but so I look and feel better about myself.

If a guy comes along? Great. But when you've been single for nearly 10 years, you learn to put yourself first, and appreciate other things in life more than chasing after a fantasy or whim.

• 🙄 such a constructive comment.
      How about you stop being rude, or better still, mind your own business?

How we choose to live our lives is our business, not yours. Personally if I rather be fit than deal with 'lovely' guys such as yourself, that's my prerogative

• @Cynicaldreamer Can't say you haven't tried it before already and been there and done that, but it just didn't work out.

May want to see may response for yourself on what I think about "dating goals", as I have none as I really just don't see the point in ever doing so.

• I’d like a boyfriend but I’ve been single for almost two years with a total of 3 dates, none giving me a second. Pretty sure I won’t be getting a boyfriend this year.

• What makes you think that

• I'm desperate too, let's do this.

• @Joshua1985 You're not ugly, though, so it can't be your looks if that makes you feel better. Lol, maybe we're just weird haha