How do I get the confidence to ask a girl out?

So, there's this girl who I go to school with, and I like her quite a bit, she's really nice, and really pretty. Only problem, I am nervous fuck, and I get all nervous when I'm about to ask her out, how can I go about getting the confidence to ask>

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• You need to build confidence being in the present moment, self esteem with little successes, and diminish her a bit in your mind. Girls can take power like that, take it back first so you can be genuine and not needy (e. g. creepy).

So, go about and talk to other girls anywhere, the checkout girl, go to every store and buy some gum and give the gum to people, do not care about what results you get, just that you are giving some positive energy in in conversation, like working out your soul , maybe give a genuine complement, or show gratittude to a teacher (e. x. Mr G, I really appreciate when you discipline us, we don't get enough of that)... this is all building positive energy and girls will feel that... much better than the negative sucky energy you get when jacked up by their beauty.. lol. So do that now... don't wait. workout each day for a week! Ignore her for now.

Watch videos I can send you if want.

Diminish her a bit in your mind so she isn't so strong. she's a person, moody bitch honestly (true),, she has flaws, insecurities, abusive dad, mouthy, etc.. whatevr it is that takes her off the pedestal... but you still like her!

Now do what you want... write her a valentines note and give to her, without any expectation of response! do't give a F what her response is. Or just talk to her, give her some of that positive energy. Maybe ask her an engaging question rather than ask out immediately, I can feed you some if you don't have one.

or just ask her out and see how it goes.. do it wrong and you are crushed if you don't do above:)

0|1
    0|0
  • Find something bad about her and focus on that. It might make it easier to talk to her.

Also from my understanding most girls find it cute when a guy walks up and talks to them all nervous and keeps messing up. So just go for it and if you mess up call your self out and say you are nervous. Make a joke out of it a keep going.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Just suck it up and ask her. You'll be nervous either way, so the best thing is to just get it over with and hope for the best. If she says no, you two are not meant to be anyway. at least you should be proud of yourself for stepping way too much out of your comfort zone, and that you approached her like a man😎

Let's be honest, the worst thing that can happen is getting rejected and it's not the end of the world

0|2
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Try getting something cute at the store that she’s like and put a note with it telling her thart you like her and why, and ask if she’d want to be your girlfriend. Then give her that in a bag and then go off to class or something and wait till you see her again and see what she says. It might be a little easier then asking her face-to-face

0|3
    0|0
  • Look, I don't know how you get the confidence. But just do it, fake it until you make it. Go for it! I urge you. I think you have to accept rejection, and not put her on a pedal stool, she's a regular person. Go for it.

0|2
    0|0
  • You get confident doing it, there is no magic formula for confidence. Every guy gets nervous is a natural process. Nervous is just an emotion, is no big deal. Most probably you have repeated that million times in your head so, next time you see her, just go approach her, whiteout thinking

0|1
    0|0
  • If you want to risk getting rejected, just listen to your favorite song to get pumped, and if you want you can explain the situation to your best friend beforehand, so they understand what happened if you get rejected, plus they can tell u if it looks like she likes you. If you want to be more sure that she likes you, just be flirty and see how she takes it , which will help you know whether or not she’s interested. Just dont take my advice too seriously, im 13

0|2
    0|0
    • Or you could always just ask her “ do you wanna kiss?” And have a bag of chocolate kisses as backup lol dont do this one

• When I worked with children I did a variant of this. I'd call out "kisses for everyone!" and one would be like. "Hey they really do say kisses!" Children are wonderful people.

• "I have tickets to [such and such] will you go with me?"
    "Some friends are bowling Saturday night, can you come?"
    "I want to see [top-bill movie] how bout you? Wanna go?"

Instead of asking her 'out', which is silly, ask her to participate in something with you. Girls are all about being entertained. Don't make it awkward, just inviting.

0|1
    0|0
    • Nail on the head. If you focus on asking her out and the event being all about her it's too much pressure. Find something you really want to do this weekend by yourself and invite her to join you. That way if she says no, you still have a good time. If she says yes it's a bonus. From her perspective you are a guy who is actively doing things and she is able to pass on this invitation without hurting your feelings; which means next time she is doing something she might think to invite you. It also makes it easy for her to say yes because you already picked the activity and she knows you are excited about doing it.

• You have to be comfortable showing interest, otherwise y would a girl want a timid guy who is afraid to show his love to her? Stop giving a fuck about anyone else and just do the selfish thing and talk to her the worst that can happen is you can move on if she's not interested, for real don't hesitate next opportunity just do it

0|1
    0|0
  • realize that you really have nothing to lose.
    if you ask her out and she says no you are in the same place you were a day before but at least you know where you stand

1|1
    0|0
  • literally go up there and do it. if you don't you won't learn what works and when it works cause women differ. perhaps get at it out of pure curiosity and expect worst so you won't get hurt if downplayed

0|1
    0|0
  • Practice, practice, practice. It's like public speaking. The more you do it the smoother you'll become. You also have to develop a don't care attitude about rejection.

Make a game of it. Force yourself to ask at least one girl a day for her number.

0|1
    0|0
  • I find that doing some vigorous exercise before doing something scary makes me feel a lot more confident.

1|1
    0|0
    • For me it works bc I’m too tired to be nervous 😁

• U need iphone XS, armani suit and a sporty honda for better confidence.

1|1
    0|0
  • LISTEN

IF YOU DON'T DO IT YOU WILL FEEL LIKE SHIT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE

IF YOU DO IT, AT LEAST YOU DID IT CAN HAVE GAINED SOMETHING OUT OF IT.

0|1
    0|0
  • Being achieving goals you set yourself. Making an effort daily for self-improvment while being honest which what you need to improve on. Making an difference to the people around you.

0|1
    0|0
    • By achieving (You should really be able to edit posts on this website)

• You just do it. I have little confidence too but it has never stopped me from approaching women. I just fake it. The more you do it, the easier it becomes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe practice asking her out.

0|3
    0|0
  • Try me. I'm easy.

1|1
    1|0
  • When you figure it out let me know

0|1
    0|0
  • Gaining confidence is hard work for years

0|1
    0|0
  • just ask her, its not hard.

0|1
    0|0
  • You'll have to learn through experience

0|1
    0|0
  • By not being a creepy mfer

0|1
    0|0
  • Make her laugh.. spend time together

0|1
    0|0
  • Just do it

0|1
    0|0
  • Google

0|0
    0|1
  • Just be prepared to be rejected.

0|1
    0|0
  • Her being pretty is not a reason for you to ask her out.

0|0
    0|1
    • It's more than that, you know? She just makes me feel good and she's nice.

• Just do it, life’s too short

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes